Private Matches Deployment Issue

masterplayer
Script
Script

Private Matches Deployment Issue

Post#1 » 15 Apr 2018, 14:35

I created a private match against Pier4r and deployed my bots. I returned to the main menu and saw the "new" sign. I went to private matches and saw the "waiting for your deployment" sign, so I deployed again, but then the game started without Pier4r deploying anything and I fought some afk bots.
:? I apologize for my childish name and my bad English.

Hairy Phil
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Private Matches Deployment Issue

Post#2 » 15 Apr 2018, 17:18

Is it possible that he coincidentally requested a private match at the same time, so the second occurance was his own request for you to deploy?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 15 Apr 2018, 22:33

no I didn't.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TomCat
Script
Script

Post#4 » 16 Apr 2018, 20:05

I created a private match against Pier4r too and deployed my bots. I returned to the main menu and everything seemed to be ok. There was sign "waiting for opponent deployment" - so this is correct. But what a little surprise me - I can view the replay of this battle despite the fact that the opponent still didn't deploy. So I can see the battle against assaults with no AI. His bots just stand there and observe their destruction. And then it hit me.

So then I create normal ranked match. Escape from it. And view the replay of this undeployed match. Now I can see the game plan - everything - who is the opponent, his deployment (because ghosts probably deploy instantly), where are resources, bases... Then I return to the match and do deploy. I can adapt the deploy or AI to the already known game plan. And it gives me an advantage.

Maybe now finally me and Pier4r find the same opinion. Because IMHO this is bug like hell. I wonder if he will agree.

edit: I created new topic for this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1382
My God, it's full of stars!

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 16 Apr 2018, 23:17

Yes that's a bug as well.

Or one can argue "hey the game allows it, so it is a feature!" It depends on the viewpoint that one holds.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

masterplayer
Script
Script

Post#6 » 17 Apr 2018, 16:54

TomCat wrote:Maybe now finally me and Pier4r find the same opinion. Because IMHO this is bug like hell. I wonder if he will agree.

pier4r wrote:Or one can argue "hey the game allows it, so it is a feature!" It depends on the viewpoint that one holds.

Please don't spread your discussion all around the forum and stay in the according topic. This could confuse or annoy others...

TomCat
Script
Script

Post#7 » 17 Apr 2018, 18:52

masterplayer wrote:Please don't spread your discussion all around the forum and stay in the according topic. This could confuse or annoy others...

You are right. I'm sorry about that.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#8 » 19 Apr 2018, 17:03

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#9 » 04 Jul 2018, 10:28

Can't reproduce this bug :(

TomCat wrote:There was sign "waiting for opponent deployment" - so this is correct. But what a little surprise me - I can view the replay of this battle despite the fact that the opponent still didn't deploy.

How did you view the replay?
Was there a visible play button or did you use another way?

TomCat wrote:So then I create normal ranked match. Escape from it.

What do you mean by "escape from it"?
When exactly?

masterplayer
Script
Script

Post#10 » 05 Jul 2018, 13:19

GFX47 wrote:Can't reproduce this bug :( [...]

Back in Alpha12 you created the match id and then deployed your bots. You were able to leave the match undeployed and see the match id in the menu. Then you could watch the replay with afk bots and see the map.

However, in Alpha13 you first deploy your bots (team composition) and create the match id afterwards. So you have already fixed this bug.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#11 » 05 Jul 2018, 14:41

Can you guys confirm you don't have this bug anymore in Alpha 13?

TomCat
Script
Script

Post#12 » 05 Jul 2018, 15:17

GFX47 wrote:Can you guys confirm you don't have this bug anymore in Alpha 13?

Confirmed.

It was only in the previous version.

ElvenMonk
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#13 » 05 Jul 2018, 20:45

You can still watch replay by its identifier on Android before second player deployment, allowing second player to see generated map and then deploy.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#14 » 05 Jul 2018, 21:10

ElvenMonk wrote:You can still watch replay by its identifier on Android before second player deployment, allowing second player to see generated map and then deploy.

Thanks, I'll try that.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#15 » 06 Jul 2018, 14:52

Fixed in Alpha 14!

Return to “Bug Reports”