Seasonal rankings reset

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Seasonal rankings reset

Post#21 » 04 Oct 2017, 02:08

pier4r wrote:And why would you play more?

Because currently it is pretty easy to hold a score with 1-10 games a week. :?
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#22 » 04 Oct 2017, 05:47

Well if the problem is keeping people engaged with multiplayer... We should try including Special Modes too!

Would love to see how
<50 node
<25 node
Tiers would turn out. Lots of optimization. Sub-25 node tier would be derpy as anything. ;D

Also, as for my thoughts on seasons/resets, I think it's a great idea! A complete reset is fine, so long as we can see what our past season high was for Elo+rank. Makes it a challenge like, "I'm going to get a higher rank/score This season!"

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#23 » 04 Oct 2017, 10:23

What about classement match as for league of legend or heroes of the storm. Player will have to play 10matches and after that, depending of their result, the game choose a league to begin in. (Match will not choose random opponents to permit to evaluate the potential elo of the player)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#24 » 04 Oct 2017, 11:17

LuBeNo wrote:
pier4r wrote:And why would you play more?

Because currently it is pretty easy to hold a score with 1-10 games a week. :?

But that is due how inactivity is counted (also, a bit shady practice, I like milkhunter more). If people that don't play at least X games per day would be inactive, then there would be no incentive to do so.

Moreover, even with a reset every, say, month. You will have to play some hundreds of games, get again your spot and then play a little again. So I do not see the reset as solution.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#25 » 04 Oct 2017, 14:28

TheKidPunisher wrote:What about classement match as for league of legend or heroes of the storm. Player will have to play 10matches and after that, depending of their result, the game choose a league to begin in. (Match will not choose random opponents to permit to evaluate the potential elo of the player)

Placement matches is choosing random opponents. It would require less games to get back to original rank. The only problem is that people still in placements wouldn't give the other person a fair score for winning. And as the game is 1v1 I don't think that would work.

Return to “Devlog”