[Alpha 8] Rewarded ads

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Re: [Alpha 8] Rewarded ads

Post#21 » 27 Mar 2017, 07:14

Даже не знаю сколько сейчас тут стоит Биг Мак...
I do not even know how much Big Mac is standing right now...

Но доступность Биг Мака и доступность интернета, согласитесь разные вещи...
But the accessibility of the Big Mac and the availability of the Internet, different things...

Я предпочитаю, что бы был более доступен хороший интернет и топливо чем Биг Мак и Маффин...
I prefer that there would be more available good internet and fuel than Big Mac and Muffin... ))

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#22 » 27 Mar 2017, 09:35

Yes it is not about Big Mac, it is about having a standardized product from the same company that to sell has to adapt the prices. This is called "purchase power".

Internet is a bit more complicated to value because it depends by a lot of factors. For example in Romania they have great connections, due to recent new infrastructure, but this is not a sign that they are as rich as the US, for example.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#23 » 27 Mar 2017, 10:48

I'm not convinced that internet access cost is a valid argument in the ads problem.
I thinks it's more about the playtime you lose during those ads.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#24 » 27 Mar 2017, 11:34

Nah 30 seconds it is not much of an interruption, especially for 10 matches. Or at least I think this.

For example a match in modern combat can last 2 minutes, so 30 seconds after every match is annoying. But 30 seconds after 10 games that, if checked at normal, could last on average 25 minutes, it is pretty ok.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Post#25 » 27 Mar 2017, 19:49

GFX47 wrote:I'm not convinced that internet access cost is a valid argument in the ads problem.

Kanishka wrote:Paying to get the whole game might turn out cheaper. Video ADs will use up your internet, so you end up paying more.

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Post#26 » 27 Mar 2017, 21:41

pier4r wrote:Yes it is not about Big Mac, it is about having a standardized product from the same company that to sell has to adapt the prices. This is called "purchase power".

PPP (purchasing power parity) определяется довольно сложной формулой...
PPP (purchasing power parity) Is determined by a rather complicated formula...

Покупательная способность зависит от уровня доходов и величины цен и тарифов на услуги...
Purchasing power depends on the level of income and the value of prices and tariffs for services...

На безлимитный интернет, параметры которого указывал вам выше, я трачу менее 0,5% своего дохода в месяц...
On the unlimited Internet, parameters which I pointed out to you above, I spend less than 0,5% of my income per month...

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Post#27 » 27 Mar 2017, 22:46

GFX47 wrote:I'm not convinced that internet access cost is a valid argument in the ads problem.
I thinks it's more about the playtime you lose during those ads.

Я бы предпочёл купить полную версию, пусть даже за 10-20$, чем смотреть рекламу...
I would prefer to buy the full version, even for $ 10-20$, than watching the advertisement...

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#28 » 14 Apr 2017, 22:57

Some more ideas: https://np.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comment ... e/dg83n91/

One of the biggest changes we made to make our ad based games profitable was to switch from passive ads to incentivised ads.

Originally when players died they were shown a skippable video ad. The reviews were really bad because we were showing too many ads.

We then changed it so that when you die you can watch an unskippable ad to respawn or get extra currency. This meant that players who didn't want ads didn't see any, but those who wanted the rewards could watch as many as they wanted in a day.

Unskippable video ads pay a lot more than their skippable counterpart, but the key was to incentivise and make people think it's their idea.

The game was an infinite runner with an average game time of about 1.5minutes. This definitely helped with the frequency of ads.

There was pushback from within the team regarding sacrificing game play for money, but in the end we found some aspects that worked and threw out a bunch that affected the overall game too much.

forReason
Script
Script

Post#29 » 10 May 2017, 18:27

I like the way of ads but please dont make them too nasty as it could detract players and reputation and i like the game pretty much

lol wtf is your internet..... mine is... a bit faster

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#30 » 10 May 2017, 18:59

forReason wrote:Image

That, is fast. I have mobile internet. 35 Mbps.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Return to “Devlog”