[Alpha 7.9] Monetization

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: [Alpha 7.9] Monetization

Post#61 » 23 Feb 2017, 17:36

PPS wrote:Мне нафиг все эти заморочки... я сломал игру буквально через неделю, теперь могу открывать все уровни, всех ботов офлайн... ))
Продавать игру на стадии альфа теста - бред...

If you don't want to donate/contribute, just say it and drop the lame excuses.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#62 » 23 Feb 2017, 17:41

NullPointer wrote:

+1

If you, pps, find non-standard ways then good for you, but stop to be negative/brag about it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#63 » 23 Feb 2017, 18:25

NullPointer wrote:
PPS wrote:Мне нафиг все эти заморочки... я сломал игру буквально через неделю, теперь могу открывать все уровни, всех ботов офлайн... ))
Продавать игру на стадии альфа теста - бред...

pier4r wrote:
NullPointer wrote:

+1

If you, pps, find non-standard ways then good for you, but stop to be negative/brag about it.

I agree with both you guys. PPS, it is okay not to donate. It's not okay to give such bad excuses.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#64 » 23 Feb 2017, 18:27

(meanwhile I haven't donated because I don't have any money online... Other than the credit card that I have but don't know how to access or even put money on)

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Post#65 » 23 Feb 2017, 18:31

NullPointer wrote:If you don't want to donate/contribute, just say it and drop the lame excuses

Я ж вам пояснил мне не жаль денег. Тем более 5 баксов не деньги. Но PayPal это слишком хлопотно. Не вижу смысла заморачиваться.

Well I said to you I do not pity money. Especially 5 bucks is not money. But PayPal is too much trouble. Nevizhu sense to bother.

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Post#66 » 23 Feb 2017, 18:38

Kanishka wrote:I agree with both you guys. PPS, it is okay not to donate. It's not okay to give such bad excuses.

Что вы меня разводите... ))) 5 баксов я трачу в день трижды на пустяки... Говорю же не деньги жалко а время...

What can I divorce ...))) 5 bucks I spend three times a day for nothing ... I say do not mind the money, it is a pity in a while ...

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Post#67 » 23 Feb 2017, 18:44

pier4r wrote:If you, pps, find non-standard ways then good for you...

Не стандартные пути говорят о том что игра не готова к релизу... Тем более к продаже...
No standard way of talking about the game is not ready to release ... Especially for the sale ...

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#68 » 23 Feb 2017, 19:21

Guys. PPS is giving feedback. Ok it is not fluffy all good feedback but it is. His opinion is that game is too raw to be sold already and PayPal is too messy to bother. He jus cracked the game and uses all the features offline.
And he has point on monetization. gfx47 should research options as different parts of word use differentmethosds.
Also PPS obviously is russian and I think the game can be a hit in russia... but you need to localize the game.
P.s. i know russian as well as english but both languages are not my native

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Post#69 » 23 Feb 2017, 20:13

Botique wrote:Guys. PPS is giving feedback. Ok it is not fluffy all good feedback but it is. His opinion is that game is too raw to be sold already and PayPal is too messy to bother. He jus cracked the game and uses all the features offline.
And he has point on monetization. gfx47 should research options as different parts of word use differentmethosds.
Also PPS obviously is russian and I think the game can be a hit in russia... but you need to localize the game.
P.s. i know russian as well as english but both languages are not my native

Спасибо. Вы очевидно поняли меня и верно перевели мои слова. Игра очень мне понравилась, и я не хвастался тем, что сломал её, а просто указал на факт возможности простого взлома, возможно это подтолкнёт и поможет разработчику в дальнейшем её совершенствовании в том числе защите его интеллектуальной собственности. Гугл переводит весьма коряво и в большинстве случаев меня понимают с точностью до наоборот... Пожалуйста, если не сложно поясните им это. Я уважаю разработчика и его труд и никому не озвучивал метод взлома. Если нужно могу ему описать подробно в ЛС... 5 баксов в России вообще ничто и GFX47 мог бы заработать в разы больше в России чем во Франции...

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#70 » 23 Feb 2017, 20:33

Guys, so I will be translator :) Obviously PPS understands english, but can't be so good in english to write, so here is what he says.

Thanks. You (your's truly) obviously understood correctly myw rods. I like the game very much and I was not bragging about cracking it but simply notified to the fact of possibility to crack the game. Hopefully it will push the developer to future improvment of the game including protecting it's intellectual property. Google is crappy translator so that people understand me exactly opposite. Please if it's not hard - explain it to them. I respect the developer and his work and didn't share methods of hacking. If needed I can explain it to him personally. 5$ in russia is not a big money and GFX47 could earn times more in russia than in france.

So... translated as close as possible.
p.s. and I can't stress enough... russians has something about strategy games in them, probably some genetic memory of WWII, so russian gamers are one of the best in strategy games :) And they are very decend coders, so you have half the continent of potential gamers - just translate the game

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Post#71 » 23 Feb 2017, 21:17

Botique wrote:...

Большое спасибо Botique...
Необязательно даже переводить саму игру, найдите способ проще заплатить за неё россиянам...

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#72 » 23 Feb 2017, 21:27

Translation:

Big thanks, Botique.
No need even to translate, just find a simpler way to purchase the game in Russia.

PPS
Automaton
Automaton

Post#73 » 23 Feb 2017, 21:34

Botique wrote:...

Big thanks, Botique.
:)

Reflekti0n
Hello World
Hello World

Post#74 » 23 Feb 2017, 22:18

Hello,

I have a funny problem with the monetization xD I started the game and I saw the big Button "Unlock full Game" (or something like that) and then the payment prozess started. I canceled it and did not pay anything. But after that the game was unlocked. It seems to be a strange Bug.

Plattform: Android
My Player Name: Reflekti0n

It's absolutly ok for me to pay the price, I love the game. But I can't pay via Android xD
Last edited by Reflekti0n on 25 Feb 2017, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys :D

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#75 » 23 Feb 2017, 23:42

Botique wrote: russians has something about strategy games in them,

That's quite true, for example chess.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Reef
Hello World
Hello World

Post#76 » 24 Feb 2017, 03:52

I am afraid that if I pay for the game, I will play alone (as there are not many people on my level).

If the game was free, but inconvenient if one is serious about it, maybe it could keep the high playerbase but still bring money?

Lets say standard limit for games in queue could be 1, and if you subscribe for a month, it goes up to 20. Ability to use subtrees could also be restricted to the PRO account. I would pay $5 per month, not because I am forced to pay OR ELSE (this scheme doesn't work on me), but because I would decide to make my game more convenient.

There are some options that other games use, where you have a limited amount of resources (here it could be robots, which one would actually have to replace when they get destroyed) (or game entry tokens etc). The resource replenishes over time, but slowly - if one wants to wait, the game is still free. Otherwise you can buy a PRO account or watch a 30s video to get a token/life/gem/point/resource/etc.

Here are a few video ad networks: http://www.apptamin.com/blog/video-ad-n ... etization/

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#77 » 24 Feb 2017, 04:02

Sounds like Candy Crush. :lol:

And also

GFX47 wrote:mind fuckery

Counterbalance
Hello World
Hello World

Post#78 » 24 Feb 2017, 06:55

Hello,

I looked into buying the game, but unfortunately I don't have a credit card (and therefore no paypal),
which is quite common in 'Le Pays-Bas'. According to https://stripe.com/blog/european-payment-methods iDeal is also available - is there any chance you could get that enabled?

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#79 » 24 Feb 2017, 08:55

GFX47 wrote:A/B Testing

What's that? :?

<Wild Guess> Having different prices on different platforms? PC $5, Android $2.5... That one?

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#80 » 24 Feb 2017, 09:07

GFX47 wrote:Sorry but I have no control on itch.io's payment system.
Maybe wait for the game to hit steam?

Return to “Devlog”