[Alpha 7.9] Monetization

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Re: [Alpha 7.9] Monetization

Post#121 » 07 May 2017, 19:17

I really think that XP Marketplace should be implemented. That way the whole game can technically be played without paying a single penny. For those you can't play2play, there's the option of pay2play. No pay2win.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

The Eye
Hello World
Hello World

Post#122 » 11 May 2017, 00:20

Still very confused. I only play every once in a while, but I still love this game, so to see that suddenly I need to pay to download is scary.

How does this affect me? Will I need to pay after having downloaded this in the past?

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#123 » 11 May 2017, 05:54

The Eye wrote:Still very confused. I only play every once in a while, but I still love this game, so to see that suddenly I need to pay to download is scary.

How does this affect me? Will I need to pay after having downloaded this in the past?

No.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#124 » 11 May 2017, 16:16

The Eye wrote:Still very confused. I only play every once in a while, but I still love this game, so to see that suddenly I need to pay to download is scary.

eh, the game cost less than a mcdonald. For how amazing it is! I wish all the Mcdonald's meals would be as amazing as gladiabots.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Leguims
Hello World
Hello World

Post#125 » 26 May 2017, 22:56

Hi all.

I already bought the game on mobile. Could I buy computer version not for full price ?

Thx 4 this game & answer.

The Eye
Hello World
Hello World

Post#126 » 27 May 2017, 02:22

pier4r wrote:eh, the game cost less than a mcdonald. For how amazing it is! I wish all the Mcdonald's meals would be as amazing as gladiabots.

I am still confused. I don't have money, so I need to know if I have to pay even after downloading previous versions.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#127 » 27 May 2017, 11:02

No if you pay once, then you should be fine.

If you pay the PC version once, then it is fine. (but not valid for mobile version)
If you pay the mobile version once, then it is fine. (but not valid for the PC version)

And if you don't have money to buy gladiabots then I wonder how do you pay the internet connection.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Leguims
Hello World
Hello World

Post#128 » 27 May 2017, 16:32

Thx pier4r for answer.

It could be useful to expand a plateform version into another cheaper than full price.

I agree this game is not expansive, but I don't want to pay PC version full price, because I have already payed full mobile version.
Last edited by Leguims on 27 May 2017, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#129 » 27 May 2017, 17:11

Well first of all you can enjoy the game on the mobile version.

Second, it is not that a product is available in 7 different formats and you can feel entitled to have all of them. If you buy a car that is blue, do you get also the car that is red and yellow? Just because a software can be duplicated, it does not mean that the idea behind it is cheap.

Third, and most scary, you already paying less than full price. As long as the game is in alpha, the game cost 50% of the intended price.

This should give GFX quite a feedback how "used to" consumers can get to prices, so once again: freemium wins.

Leguims
Hello World
Hello World

Post#130 » 27 May 2017, 17:57

Thx for the answer and you are right about freemium. Have nice day.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#131 » 27 May 2017, 19:32

Leguims wrote:Thx for the answer and you are right about freemium. Have nice day.

You could wait for the next #GladiabotsGiveaway on Twitter.

Or give me $1, I'll give you the PC download files.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#132 » 14 Aug 2017, 10:27

So I discovered some weeks ago Text expanders. They are really neat for some usages (for example I could paste my extended signature everywhere).

Now one of this is fastKeys, that is relatively cheap compared to the value of the software. The point is that is free to use but a popup happens every now and then remembering that until the popup is not pressed, the software does not work.

This is annoying enough - but not bad - to let me buy the software (well I wanted to buy it nevertheless).

The closest I can think of in gladiabots is career matches. Like mcompany said: one has a random number, between 5 and 10, per day of free matches to play of whatever type: free, ranked, private (this helps to keep the game alive, so better than nothing); if one wants more, one buys the entire package.

I think one should not underestimate the inherent value of a large community, even if many are not paying. They keep those paying interested, otherwise when the community is too small, people lose interests and the game/product is half forgotten.

For example freedns.afraid.org has very few premium members, and quintillions of freloaders, but those freeloaders go suggesting the service here and there. I myself I suggested it to my previous company that then bought a premium plan. The same was for the site of chris.

In other words: network effect. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect

I cannot stress enough that we need "free players" (with limits of course) to have chances to keep the multiplayer well alive. The game is already difficult by itself and will push many away on its own.

Miojo
Script
Script

Post#133 » 16 Aug 2017, 01:44

Paid bot skins.

TheGnoo
Automaton
Automaton

Post#134 » 16 Aug 2017, 04:39

Miojo wrote:Paid bot skins.

Free-to-play with paying skins, models, tatoos, whatever that allows you to show off and think you have the biggest d***.

That's a classic but efficient recipe, I hope GFX will consider it someday.

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#135 » 16 Aug 2017, 08:29

Miojo wrote:Paid bot skins.

I also think this would be great. Perhaps the first purchase could remove ads completely.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

Leguims
Hello World
Hello World

Post#136 » 21 Aug 2017, 00:00

I payed a mobile version and I deleted robot by missed click. :cry:
On mobile, this is boring to code sophisticated robots. I spent to much time because of mobile screen size. I was tired.

That's why I ask in this post, few months ago, if it is possible to extend MOBILE to PC version cheaper than PC version full price.

Answer was : not possible, it's shame to ask it. :o

Since this, I stopped to play because I didn't want to spent hours on my mobile to do something what needs 5 minutes on PC. But when I asked, I had some pleasure to play left and I probably still play today if it was possible. Today, I play others games. Life goes on and customers can't wait.

I think it is too late for me, but it would improve community to sell extends like:
- MOBILE to MOBILE+PC
- PC to MOBILE+PC

Because MOBILE is really cool to watch matches everywhere, but bad to develop and PC is really efficient to develop but not to play everywhere.

Whatever, this game is nice.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#137 » 21 Aug 2017, 00:33

but is 5$/5 € so much for the PC?

I mean, a mcdonald's menu should be around 8$/8€ and this game is way better than one McDonald's menu.

Also on android: try on a tablet.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#138 » 21 Aug 2017, 01:16

Actually, I'm pretty sure the PC version is $10 unless gfx changed the price

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#139 » 21 Aug 2017, 11:48

mcompany wrote:Actually, I'm pretty sure the PC version is $10 unless gfx changed the price

Check again ;)

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#140 » 21 Aug 2017, 11:50

Leguims wrote:I think it is too late for me, but it would improve community to sell extends like:
- MOBILE to MOBILE+PC
- PC to MOBILE+PC

Unfortunately, that's technically not easily feasible as desktop and mobile paying systems are separated.

Return to “Devlog”