[unofficial]matchmaking alpha 7.8

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

[unofficial]matchmaking alpha 7.8

Post#1 » 24 Jan 2017, 23:50

Update 2017.01.24

If I understood GFX in the various bits around the forum, the new matchmaking should be as follows (unofficial because he has the code):

• get the 100 "oldest" (ordered by creation time) available matches with opponents in: player's league, league immediately lower than player's league (if any) and league immediately higher than player's league (if any)
  • filter (remove) matches with opponents that were played against in the last 5 minutes
  • filter (remove) matches with opponents not in the same league as the player, if those have a score difference over 200 points.
  • get the best from these matches using these comparison rules:
    • match with an opponent in the closest league (compared to player's league) is the best
    • in case of equality: match with an opponent using a different IP is the best
    • in case of equality: match with an opponent never met or met the furthest from now is the best (remembering that those matched in the last 5 minutes are removed from the selection)
    • in case of equality: match with an opponent with the closest ELO score (compared to player's ELO score) is the best (removing those with only 10 score of ELO difference from the selection)
    • in case of equality: match with a creation time the furthest from now is the best
  • If no match was found, create a new one using the existing rules (random map, random left/right team)

And, at least for what I see in the last matches on the statistics page, it works wonder in matching opponents with similar score (so, similar strength across the maps) and indirectly similar XP levels. I really like it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: [unofficial]matchmaking alpha 7.8

Post#2 » 25 Jan 2017, 09:52

Gfx if my post is correct I can make a manual for the matchmaking.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Re: [unofficial]matchmaking alpha 7.8

Post#3 » 25 Jan 2017, 13:53

Return to “Devlog”