New player points/level system

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: New player points/level system

Post#61 » 18 Jan 2017, 21:27

The point of Trigary is valid although I think that levels will be tightly related to leagues. Unless one that unlocks new things won't use it. So it is likely that in league4 (or now master, I would have preferred numbers) there will be mostly level7 with few level6 and so on.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#62 » 18 Jan 2017, 21:35

pier4r wrote:lvl1: 10000 (10 victories against 1000 players)
lvl2: 250k
lvl3: 750k
lvl4: 1500k
lvl5: 5000k
lvl6: 15m
lvl7: you get the idea.

+1

sethcohn
Automaton
Automaton

Post#63 » 18 Jan 2017, 21:40

Negative feedback. I was playing with things like tagging in Alpha 6, and upgraded to 7 to see what the bugfixes etc were, and was shocked that while my existing AIs were listed, I was unable to edit them, because suddenly I was locked out of those features, not even grayed-out, but completely missing from the editor.

If you want to limit usage, at least _show_ the items as grayed out, to encourage someone to earn points to 'unlock' the item.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#64 » 18 Jan 2017, 21:41

Ritter Runkel wrote:
+1

Unfortunately if levels means to unlock abilities, then my numbers are very dangerous. I already suggested to put mg at 50k and sniper at 100k (loosely related to 50 and 100 victories) otherwise people will lose them and cannot compete. It is also true that with the new leagues, maybe there will be a shift to lower values.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Trigary
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#65 » 18 Jan 2017, 21:46

sethcohn wrote:Negative feedback. I was playing with things like tagging in Alpha 6, and upgraded to 7 to see what the bugfixes etc were, and was shocked that while my existing AIs were listed, I was unable to edit them, because suddenly I was locked out of those features, not even grayed-out, but completely missing from the editor. If you want to limit usage, at least _show_ the items as grayed out, to encourage someone to earn points to 'unlock' the item.

This game is under development. This kind of stuff shouldn't be allowed for a release-version, but at this time the developer should focus on productivity in my opinion. Implementing a feature to let you use your now locked (due to containing locked features) AIs would cost quite some time and it would only be used now, when this new levelling feature was introduced.
Last edited by Trigary on 18 Jan 2017, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#66 » 18 Jan 2017, 21:55

sethcohn wrote:I was playing with things like tagging in Alpha 6, and upgraded to 7 to see what the bugfixes etc were, and was shocked that while my existing AIs were listed, I was unable to edit them, because suddenly I was locked out of those features, not even grayed-out, but completely missing from the editor.

Sorry, couldn't find an easy way to handle locks on used AI features.

sethcohn wrote:If you want to limit usage, at least _show_ the items as grayed out, to encourage someone to earn points to 'unlock' the item.

I hesitated a lot on this but as the original problem was a cluttered UI, I decided to hide instead of gray out.

Echo Blue
Script
Script

Post#67 » 18 Jan 2017, 22:18

pier4r wrote:The point of Trigary is valid although I think that levels will be tightly related to leagues. Unless one that unlocks new things won't use it. So it is likely that in league4 (or now master, I would have preferred numbers) there will be mostly level7 with few level6 and so on.

Lvl 4 in Master League. My Sniper is dearly missed & can't progress if I can't earn Xp. :cry:
I agree levels will likely scale w/ Leagues.

Frontrider
Hello World
Hello World

Post#68 » 20 Jan 2017, 19:07

The problem is the way you handled it. Just give existing players enough exp to keep going. Cheap solution.

Return to “Devlog”