Auto-redeploy on victory

User avatar
narnach
Hello World
Hello World
Posts: 4
Contact:

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#21 » 10 Oct 2017, 18:06

GFX47 wrote:
narnach wrote:Sure, sign me up: Narnach.
A nice side effect of this is that we'll likely have more "active" players queued up for Career mode, so it'll be easier to get a match.


That's my main goal with this.
You are on the test list!

Thanks, works like a charm! :-D

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 565

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#22 » 10 Oct 2017, 18:28

Thanks,

2questions

1st, do you have to look at the match or the game will re-deploy without you watch (as the game already knows who wins)
If the game re-deploy without you watch it will be possible to overtake the number of match in the list? I mean if you have a win streak of more than 30 when you are not on the game, some new matches will not appeared in the list (if they do not have to be seen to be validated no problem but the Player will have to find where his win streak begin on the stat page

2nd, what if a player is likely unbeatable on 1map? He will not have to deploy another match and take the risk to play a another map. (But if you integrate the random map, it is ok)

User avatar
Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network
Posts: 498

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#23 » 10 Oct 2017, 20:13

:mrgreen: Me me me me :mrgreen:

Please put me in

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 3389

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#24 » 10 Oct 2017, 20:57

TheKidPunisher wrote:I am thinking for top player, they will not be abke to modify thier AI until they lose thier match? I think it is the bad part of this modification.

I guess (hope) this is a first iteration and then players will be able to enable/disable this as they wish.

Anyway as long as you edit the idea locally and wait the first defeat, it is all fine. Especially if there are problems, they will show up quickly
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 3389

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#25 » 10 Oct 2017, 20:58

TheKidPunisher wrote:Thanks,

2questions

1st, do you have to look at the match or the game will re-deploy without you watch (as the game already knows who wins)
If the game re-deploy without you watch it will be possible to overtake the number of match in the list? I mean if you have a win streak of more than 30 when you are not on the game, some new matches will not appeared in the list (if they do not have to be seen to be validated no problem but the Player will have to find where his win streak begin on the stat page

2nd, what if a player is likely unbeatable on 1map? He will not have to deploy another match and take the risk to play a another map. (But if you integrate the random map, it is ok)


both good questions. Anyway let's assume that GFX will work on the mechanisms so at first it will be always a bit rough.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Dev
Posts: 2914

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#26 » 10 Oct 2017, 21:17

Ritter Runkel wrote::mrgreen: Me me me me :mrgreen:

Please put me in


Put you in.

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Dev
Posts: 2914

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#27 » 10 Oct 2017, 21:22

TheKidPunisher wrote:1st, do you have to look at the match or the game will re-deploy without you watch (as the game already knows who wins)


Auto deploy is triggered as soon as the result is known.
Meaning first time a player watch the match until the end.

TheKidPunisher wrote:If the game re-deploy without you watch it will be possible to overtake the number of match in the list? I mean if you have a win streak of more than 30 when you are not on the game, some new matches will not appeared in the list (if they do not have to be seen to be validated no problem but the Player will have to find where his win streak begin on the stat page


The limit is 25 per status: unwatched, pending (waiting for opponent's commit), watched. So 75 in total.
The matches will stack in the unwatched list until you watch them and go in the watched as you do.

TheKidPunisher wrote:2nd, what if a player is likely unbeatable on 1map? He will not have to deploy another match and take the risk to play a another map. (But if you integrate the random map, it is ok)


True.
The problem will disappear when random maps will replace static ones.

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Dev
Posts: 2914

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#28 » 10 Oct 2017, 21:41

I've just capped the max number of auto-deploy at 10.

User avatar
Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm
Posts: 64
Contact:

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#29 » 10 Oct 2017, 23:07

Please put me in as well.

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Dev
Posts: 2914

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#30 » 10 Oct 2017, 23:12

Athelinde wrote:Please put me in as well.


Done!

Miojo
Script
Script
Posts: 37

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#31 » 11 Oct 2017, 01:41

I 'll try. Miojo.
But I'm afraid to generate some unbalanced win streaks . Lets see what happens

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 872

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#32 » 11 Oct 2017, 02:29

My AI is still incomplete and I still am not going to play any games online with Mcompany. Still, I try it, so add Mcompany to the list

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm
Posts: 63

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#33 » 11 Oct 2017, 04:58

I'm also game. (account name also mumpsimus)

User avatar
Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network
Posts: 403
Contact:

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#34 » 11 Oct 2017, 05:32

Auto-redeploy is frustrating when testing a new weak ai. It keeps resetting it on every loss. Eventually we will get the ability to change multiple ai at once and/or have preset bots. So I'm not too worried in the long run.

Chilio
Algorithm
Algorithm
Posts: 52

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#35 » 11 Oct 2017, 08:03

:shock:
Me tooo =D
With chilio 2 please?

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Dev
Posts: 2914

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#36 » 11 Oct 2017, 08:36

Revenge wrote:Auto-redeploy is frustrating when testing a new weak ai. It keeps resetting it on every loss.


I don't understand.
Can you explain that?

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Dev
Posts: 2914

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#37 » 11 Oct 2017, 09:39

Miojo wrote:I 'll try. Miojo.
But I'm afraid to generate some unbalanced win streaks . Lets see what happens


mcompany wrote:My AI is still incomplete and I still am not going to play any games online with Mcompany. Still, I try it, so add Mcompany to the list


mumpsimus wrote:I'm also game. (account name also mumpsimus)


Chilio wrote::shock:
Me tooo =D
With chilio 2 please?


All in.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 3389

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#38 » 11 Oct 2017, 12:00

we have even the type ranked(auto) (which type is in the dump?)

Cool
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Dev
Posts: 2914

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#39 » 11 Oct 2017, 13:45

I added a new column in the dump.
Also changed the type column to be text based.

User avatar
Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network
Posts: 403
Contact:

Re: Auto-redeploy on victory

Post#40 » 11 Oct 2017, 14:57

GFX47 wrote:
Revenge wrote:Auto-redeploy is frustrating when testing a new weak ai. It keeps resetting it on every loss.


I don't understand.
Can you explain that?

New ai generally loses a lot before they win, with editing after every game. So they get reset to the last winning ai rather than the last used. It is frustrating.

Return to “Devlog”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest