Alpha 11 Botclass Balance Changes

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Alpha 11 Botclass Balance Changes

Post#1 » 25 Nov 2017, 16:39

GFX47 wrote:Reverting MG changes in RC2 and increasing long range for assault a bit more (MG can't be second best on long range):

Those are the latest changes from GFX (Alpha 11 RC2).

I actually liked the previous change of machine gun having nerfed short range damage, as it gave room for the shotgun to be more aggressive in general. Possibly nerf it to 60-70 short range accuracy. I think the machine gun could also use a medium range buff, as the assault dominates long range against it.

So how do the shotgun/machinegun/assault classes compare? How can we improve each of their strengths while keeping them diverse bots? I'm interested to see how this metagame plays out. ^_^

TheGnoo
Automaton
Automaton

Re: Alpha 11 Botclass Balance Changes

Post#2 » 30 Nov 2017, 14:11

I think the most interesting part is the 0% dmg for Long range Shotguns. Now it will be very very difficult to play with, and a really good AI to be effective.

My concern is the massive Long range assault buff, doing HALF the dmg of a sniper, really ??

MrChris
Automaton
Automaton

Post#3 » 07 Dec 2017, 16:50

We need to figure out how to make the MG a unit worth using. Maybe we could re-introduce the short range nerf of the MG once we've made the MG a unit worth using.

A medium range MG buff wouldn't be enough to convince me to use it because most people already quickly retreat from an attacking medium range MG due to its medium power. Also, once the MG has pushed to medium range, it's a bit of a sitting duck if there are many assaults around - and this is the main reason it's not usable.

My ideas:

Idea 1. Massively increase the shield of the MG. It needs at least a 40% boost. Even though the MG will still be a sitting duck, at-least it will be able to stick around for longer and take up more time of the opponents attacking units. Even if this was done, I'm not sure if I would still use the MG. I don't like this idea because It would be more fun to make a unit worth using due to it's attacking powers.

Idea 2. Lower the long-range attack power of the assault down to the level of the MG, and increase the long-range attack power of the MG. The MG takes so long to aim and is so slow to move, that there's nothing wrong with making it very powerful at all ranges. Do this and it will definitely be a unit worth using.

Idea 3. Go back to the previous stats that were balanced ;-) ****runs away***
------------------------------------------------
My in-game name is MrChris

Creator of the unofficial Gladiabots stats page: https://gladiabots-stats.info.tm/mrchris
And the Gladiabots retreatment simulator: https://cmrichards.github.io/glad_simulation

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#4 » 07 Dec 2017, 17:20

What about doing a bit of each:
- reducing Assault's hit chances at long range to 15% (-5)
- reducing MG's aiming duration to 2 sec (-0.5)
- increasing MG's shield to 6000 hit points (+1000)

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 07 Dec 2017, 18:50

GFX47 wrote:What about doing a bit of each:

Sounds interesting. Would like to try that.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#6 » 07 Dec 2017, 20:30

GFX47 wrote:What about doing a bit of each:

I love all these changes. +1

Ed-209
Hello World
Hello World

Post#7 » 07 Dec 2017, 21:16

That could help, as it is currently the MG should be the base class bot and assault should be a special bot. Don't know how that would affect, I'll test in sandbox.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#8 » 08 Dec 2017, 14:38

OK, let's patch this game.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#9 » 08 Dec 2017, 18:42

Alpha 11.2 is on its way...

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#10 » 08 Dec 2017, 19:18

It's live!

Ed-209
Hello World
Hello World

Post#11 » 09 Dec 2017, 03:21

last update appears to be much better, MG works again, SG still good for pushing. I like it anyway ;)

Return to “Devlog”