Page 1 of 3

Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 16:34
by GFX47
Changelog:
- Added the 3 winning community maps in test mode and private/freeplay matches
- Added private match invitation buttons in match lists and leaderboard
- Implemented increasing map pool size for ranked matches
- Major performance improvements on AI editor and debugger
- New server request system: replaced the connection timeouts by cancellable loadings
More details on the roadmap: http://roadmap.gladiabots.com

> Android build
> Windows build
> Linux build


I'm still working on the Toornament API integration, it should be ready next week.

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 16:47
by pier4r
GFX47 wrote:- Implemented increasing map pool size for ranked matches


For me, nice idea. I really support it although surely people would come and say that is not fair "the others can test more on the other maps!" or "the first league is boring with few maps". One either turn deaf or, well, can poll the playerbase.

Nice work though!

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 17:16
by Kanishka
Woohoo thanks Dr D! AI Editor improvements are always welcome!

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 17:21
by Kanishka
Bug: The game is played internationally... But matches show time in Paris local time.

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 17:22
by Kanishka
UI: A little bit cluttered.
Suggestion: An arrow that'd open a drop down menu with details.

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 17:25
by Kanishka
Bug: Bot Selection and AI Selection is no longer single-selection menu. It's possible to select all options at once.

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 17:35
by TheGnoo
Kanishka wrote:Bug: The game is played internationally... But matches show time in Paris local time.


Well Paris is the center of the world, everyone know that. :mrgreen:

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 18:07
by GFX47
Kanishka wrote:Bug: The game is played internationally... But matches show time in Paris local time.


That's the server time.
I'll improve it later.

Kanishka wrote:Bug: Bot Selection and AI Selection is no longer single-selection menu. It's possible to select all options at once.


Fixing it.

Kanishka wrote:UI: A little bit cluttered.
Suggestion: An arrow that'd open a drop down menu with details.


Which part of the UI?

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 19:22
by mcompany
pier4r wrote:
GFX47 wrote:- Implemented increasing map pool size for ranked matches


For me, nice idea. I really support it although surely people would come and say that is not fair "the others can test more on the other maps!" or "the first league is boring with few maps". One either turn deaf or, well, can poll the playerbase.

Nice work though!

Honestly, I do kinda feel like complaining about this. (And also saying that people should use freeplay mode... and that freeplay mode needs a lobby system). I won't complain about it though, I'll let someone else do that

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 22:07
by MrChris
Got a linux version?

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 22:31
by GFX47
Updated the Android and Windows versions with fixes on the bugs Kanishka reported!

evilgeenius2 wrote:Got a linux version?


I'm uploading it.

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 23:11
by Ritter Runkel
I like the new buttons to deploy private matches or to delete unstarted matches. But I would suggest do feel the possibility to delete matches at ranked mode. Otherwise you could remove maps you don't like as long as nobody joined

And editing is much faster now. I'm not sure about loading time, looks comparable to the time before. But it looks like he loads the same AI several times. During editing, on debug mode,etc, maybe you could temporary store them at sine local place?

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 23:13
by GFX47
Ritter Runkel wrote:I like the new buttons to deploy private matches or to delete unstarted matches. But I would suggest do feel the possibility to delete matches at ranked mode. Otherwise you could remove maps you don't like as long as nobody joined


True, didn't think about that.
I'll remove it for ranked matches.

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 23:21
by Ritter Runkel
Small bug when you watch a match in test mode and you debug the AI. When you click at the debugging window he jumps to a different ai then the one you are looking at

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 23:34
by GFX47
Added link to the linux build in first post.

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 23:37
by GFX47
Ritter Runkel wrote:Small bug when you watch a match in test mode and you debug the AI. When you click at the debugging window he jumps to a different ai then the one you are looking at


You mean during the deployment phase, right?

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 19 Aug 2017, 00:38
by Ritter Runkel
Yes, before the match started

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 19 Aug 2017, 00:48
by mcompany
Screenshot_20170818-154428.png
Screenshot_20170818-154428.png (163.07 KiB) Viewed 1974 times
A picture speaks a thousand words

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 19 Aug 2017, 00:52
by mcompany
Also I feel like the details of the matches are a bit cluttered, maybe just "Map, Match ID=######"

Re: Alpha 9.2

Posted: 19 Aug 2017, 07:04
by Kanishka
GFX47 wrote:
Kanishka wrote:Bug: The game is played internationally... But matches show time in Paris local time.


That's the server time.
I'll improve it later.

Kanishka wrote:Bug: Bot Selection and AI Selection is no longer single-selection menu. It's possible to select all options at once.


Fixing it.

Kanishka wrote:UI: A little bit cluttered.
Suggestion: An arrow that'd open a drop down menu with details.


Which part of the UI?


mcompany wrote:Also I feel like the details of the matches are a bit cluttered, maybe just "Map, Match ID=######"