Alpha 9

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 176

Re: Alpha 9

Post#41 » 19 Jul 2017, 22:36

GFX47 wrote:Well... It's actually not moving toward YOU in particular!


I think this is a problem. Either suddenly all bots get a notification that something is moving to it, or none.

Arcueid_57
Script
Script
Posts: 41

Re: Alpha 9

Post#42 » 20 Jul 2017, 07:33

On Master League, I have several match in the queue but have not been paired for the last 15 hours.
Is there something wrong or just no one playing Alpha9?

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Posts: 2833

Re: Alpha 9

Post#43 » 20 Jul 2017, 08:26

We're like 15 testing alpha 9.
I intend to release a 9.1 this week.

User avatar
0x1de
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 156

Re: Alpha 9

Post#44 » 20 Jul 2017, 22:07

I have played mrchris about seventy-billion times, it feels. :D

User avatar
LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 532

Re: Alpha 9

Post#45 » 20 Jul 2017, 22:49

0x1de wrote:I have played mrchris about seventy-billion times, it feels. :D

Same.

Feedback:
1) Game camera automatic movement
Needs some kind of smoothing. If a bot at the border dies, a shotgun runs far away and comes back or if you fast forward, the camera should not use the optimal position, but instead move there like a real camera man would do. It should accelerate at the beginning, move with constant speed and decelerate at the end. When a camera moves to the new position and another bot dies, it should keep the momentum fading to the new velocity vector. (when I talk about position, i mean x, y and z)

2) Unranked games
Nicely done. Perhaps let choose a map.
Elo rules (if existing) should be weakened. 400 or 600 points difference possible. Top goal for pairing algorithm should be opponent shuffling

3) Private matches
Nicely done. Let choose a map.
Opponent selection should use a GUI. A list of leagues and all players in it. Perhaps a player-link in the leaderboard of the stats page. (The replays could get a link there too.)

4) Tournaments
The players should commit their AIs before the first game starts and before any pairing is known. Or one could study the other player and build some anti strategies. Will speed up the process too.

Otherwise a player should have 24 to 48 hours to play the next game. (work, real life and stuff like this)

5) Several Targets for move.
Unexpected. Feels great and right. Makes running easier.
Image
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 865

Re: Alpha 9

Post#46 » 20 Jul 2017, 23:15

LuBeNo wrote:
0x1de wrote:I have played mrchris about seventy-billion times, it feels. :D

Same.

Probably because the cooldown is turned off for now. I'm probably going to only play unranked for now, while I wait for it to come back

LuBeNo wrote:4) Tournaments
The players should commit their AIs before the first game starts and before any pairing is known. Or one could study the other player and build some anti strategies. Will speed up the process too.

Unless it was a tournament specifically designed for generic AIs, I disagree that this is an issue. If you focused on anti strategies, you would probably get beaten by anti-anti strategies, or you might be wasting too much brain power in too many places which may mean you forget something important and lose

ai drone
Script
Script
Posts: 35

Re: Alpha 9

Post#47 » 20 Jul 2017, 23:33

Suggestion, maybe in unranked allow all players of all levels, this could be a good way to learn, some of the new players have come up with really strong ai's as well. Also this might generate more interest instead of despair when trying to learn and always going backwards on scoring.

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Posts: 2833

Re: Alpha 9

Post#48 » 20 Jul 2017, 23:35

Unranked matchmaking is currently based on the XP level.

harthag
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 197

Re: Alpha 9

Post#49 » 20 Jul 2017, 23:58

mcompany wrote:
LuBeNo wrote:4) Tournaments
The players should commit their AIs before the first game starts and before any pairing is known. Or one could study the other player and build some anti strategies. Will speed up the process too.

Unless it was a tournament specifically designed for generic AIs, I disagree that this is an issue. If you focused on anti strategies, you would probably get beaten by anti-anti strategies, or you might be wasting too much brain power in too many places which may mean you forget something important and lose

First, I understand that what I mean by "generic" is probably not exactly what you (or others) might mean. However, I've always been under the impression that the game, as a whole, is "specifically designed for generic AIs". So, unless a tournament was "specifically designed for NON-generic AIs", I have to agree with LuBeNo on this one.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 865

Re: Alpha 9

Post#50 » 21 Jul 2017, 05:40

GFX47 wrote:Can you send me the logs if it happens again?

Happened again, this time only partially with enough still showing to not drastically effect things. It should have sent the logs

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Posts: 2833

Re: Alpha 9

Post#51 » 21 Jul 2017, 09:00

mcompany wrote:
GFX47 wrote:Can you send me the logs if it happens again?

Happened again, this time only partially with enough still showing to not drastically effect things. It should have sent the logs


Didn't receive anything :(

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Posts: 2833

Re: Alpha 9

Post#52 » 21 Jul 2017, 09:02

harthag wrote:
mcompany wrote:
LuBeNo wrote:4) Tournaments
The players should commit their AIs before the first game starts and before any pairing is known. Or one could study the other player and build some anti strategies. Will speed up the process too.

Unless it was a tournament specifically designed for generic AIs, I disagree that this is an issue. If you focused on anti strategies, you would probably get beaten by anti-anti strategies, or you might be wasting too much brain power in too many places which may mean you forget something important and lose

First, I understand that what I mean by "generic" is probably not exactly what you (or others) might mean. However, I've always been under the impression that the game, as a whole, is "specifically designed for generic AIs". So, unless a tournament was "specifically designed for NON-generic AIs", I have to agree with LuBeNo on this one.


I see tournaments as an opportunity to play the game differently.
We can now experiment with new rules: only one map, certains classes, first to X wins, etc.

User avatar
Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 1420
Contact:

Re: Alpha 9

Post#53 » 21 Jul 2017, 14:21

GFX47 wrote:only one map, one certains classes


Papa I want that! :lol:
What's one certains classes, though? :lol:
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat


My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Posts: 2833

Re: Alpha 9

Post#54 » 21 Jul 2017, 14:24

*certain maps ^^

You want it?
Image

User avatar
Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 1420
Contact:

Re: Alpha 9

Post#55 » 21 Jul 2017, 14:25

GFX47 wrote:*certain maps ^^

You want it?
Image

?

P.S. I want Map Tournaments
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat


My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 865

Re: Alpha 9

Post#56 » 21 Jul 2017, 14:50

GFX47 wrote:Didn't receive anything :(

Ok, then I don't know how the log sending works, because pressing the button for it in the console just had the console disappear for a second and then reappear and I wasn't given anything on how to actually send it

User avatar
Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 1420
Contact:

Re: Alpha 9

Post#57 » 21 Jul 2017, 14:54

mcompany wrote:
GFX47 wrote:Didn't receive anything :(

Ok, then I don't know how the log sending works, because pressing the button for it in the console just had the console disappear for a second and then reappear and I wasn't given anything on how to actually send it


It should redirect you to the default email app. You gotta send logs as email attachment.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat


My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 865

Re: Alpha 9

Post#58 » 21 Jul 2017, 14:57

Well, it didn't. I did some looking around and found where they were stored though, can gfx pm me his email address?

User avatar
GFX47
Dev
Posts: 2833

Re: Alpha 9

Post#59 » 21 Jul 2017, 14:57


mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 865

Re: Alpha 9

Post#60 » 22 Jul 2017, 07:52

harthag wrote:Unless it was a tournament specifically designed for generic AIs, I disagree that this is an issue. If you focused on anti strategies, you would probably get beaten by anti-anti strategies, or you might be wasting too much brain power in too many places which may mean you forget something important and lose

First, I understand that what I mean by "generic" is probably not exactly what you (or others) might mean. However, I've always been under the impression that the game, as a whole, is "specifically designed for generic AIs". So, unless a tournament was "specifically designed for NON-generic AIs", I have to agree with LuBeNo on this one.[/quote]
Imo, while the game is based around having the best AI, I don't limiting ourselves to generic AIs should be forced by only playing with this goal. I think if there is a tournament for the person with the strongest AI being the one that should win, then knowing the opposition is just as important as knowing the terrain. That's why I think it should be classified as "special rules" if there is a fixing of the AIs to only know of the terrain with measures sure as making it where you don't know your opponent beforehand

Return to “Release candidates”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest