Alpha 8.4

GFX47
Dev Team

Alpha 8.4

Post#1 » 17 Jun 2017, 14:27

Changelog > http://roadmap.gladiabots.com

====================================================================================
UPGRADE NOTE:
This version uses a new resolution engine version (due to the changes on the tagging system), which means:
  • your matches from previous versions will be deprecated and not watchable/deployable anymore
  • you will only be able to fight against players how upgraded to the same version

Upgrading is irreversible, no downgrade possible.

If you have several devices linked to the same account, DO NOT OPEN A PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE GAME ONCE YOU UPGRADED
====================================================================================

GFX47
Dev Team

Re: Alpha 8.4

Post#2 » 17 Jun 2017, 14:29

And once again I forgot to activate this version server side...
Will do asap.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#3 » 17 Jun 2017, 15:48

Fixed, you can try multiplayer.
Unless we find a blocking bug, it will become the public version.

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 17 Jun 2017, 16:19

MG's feet is now just shaking all the time, idle or walking or firing.

I like all the other changes.
Like maybe look through the stats wording, example.
"Regen delay" we all know that the I know which one regens but I dunno about them.
And also I have no time to read everything cuz it just crashed. The game never lasts 2mins on this spec now.
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

buzzefall
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 17 Jun 2017, 20:15

Fat lines bug (when you are making a connection)

Aaaand those fat lines are absolutely better than invisible slim ones, but maybe it's better to tweak scaling a bit more (they are nice when you have big scale, but when you make it lesser they stay quite fat)

buzzefall
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#6 » 17 Jun 2017, 21:21

The "(?)" symbol works on deployment, but UI also shows description of Classes even if you don't click that. Suppose this a bug, otherwise (?) is useless

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#7 » 17 Jun 2017, 22:24

buzzefall wrote:The "(?)" symbol works on deployment, but UI also shows description of Classes even if you don't click that. Suppose this a bug, otherwise (?) is useless

PC or Android?
Could you describe the steps to reproduce it?

buzzefall
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#8 » 17 Jun 2017, 23:06

GFX47 wrote:
buzzefall wrote:The "(?)" symbol works on deployment, but UI also shows description of Classes even if you don't click that. Suppose this a bug, otherwise (?) is useless

PC or Android?
Could you describe the steps to reproduce it?

PC. Well, I just was deploying match and choosing classes, that's all. I think I just aimed my mouse at class and it popped up.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#9 » 17 Jun 2017, 23:56

I dont remember if it was already said but AI editor is less visible by my point of view... (was better when the picture was white)

Also, i still do not understand the utility of the «select target», it propose ramdom target (maybe i have one day used it) so i always have to do an «edit target»
I think the node editor was better in ALPHA 7.11

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#10 » 18 Jun 2017, 00:33

Gfx, I know English isn't your first language (better than my French), but there's a lot of mistakes in the text. For example: "more priorirary" instead of "higher priority ". It's quite cute/quirky but probably you need someone to proofread. I'm happy to help.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#11 » 18 Jun 2017, 00:53

Positive
+ AI editor speed
+ Fat lines in editor
+ Zoomable editor preview (don't know how I could live without that before)
+ White/Color health and shield bar (I needed some time to get used to it, but I think it's better now then it was before at Alpha 7)
+ Thin Lines for team blue
+ Graphics (awesome)
+ Snap thing in editor
+ Elo and XP visible in career window

Negative
- contrast in AI editor
- 2 step node selector is less intuitive then it was before (even after days with much work on the AI)
- bullet's visibility
- mg legs are shaking (bug)
- new nodes not snapped to the grid
- no connection lines for team red in training mode

Short request if it's I an easy fix
o button for marking all matches as watched
o ingame browser button to go to extern browser
o offline debugging of the last ?20? Matches. When I'm offline in a plane or a train, sometimes I want to debug some complicated lost matches. Would be cool to keep some matches in the cache, so I can watch them again when I'm offline.

In short, alpha 8 don't change the mechanics which is good because imho it's well ballanced. But the graphics and the usability improved a lot. Can't say anything about the tutorials but tooltips helped too

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#12 » 18 Jun 2017, 00:57

Massive respect, but:

There is way too much capitalisation. Most of the UI should be mixed case. Otherwise it's like SHOUTING. Too much "in your face".
The seating in the arena is annoying. Wide swathes of colour distracting from the main event.
Myself is one word.

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#13 » 18 Jun 2017, 01:11

The new programming interface is good. Quick to set up something standard, but easy to personalize.

Hope you're getting feedback from newbies too.

Captain Spock (Castlevania)
Automaton
Automaton

Post#14 » 18 Jun 2017, 01:11

Ritter Runkel wrote:o offline debugging of the last ?20? Matches. When I'm offline in a plane or a train, sometimes I want to debug some complicated lost matches. Would be cool to keep some matches in the cache, so I can watch them again when I'm offline.
o

+1. I thought the matches shown in the game is cached because they are much less than the matches in the webpage, but currently, they are not.

The biggest improvement in the newest version is definitely the speed of AI editor. Good work!

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#15 » 18 Jun 2017, 01:31

In the ladder, the contrast between the rows is too much. Like something from the 90's.

Return to “Release candidates”