Alpha 8.2

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Alpha 8.2

Post#1 » 13 Jun 2017, 23:07

Changelog > http://roadmap.gladiabots.com

====================================================================================
UPGRADE NOTE:
This version uses a new resolution engine version (due to the changes on the tagging system), which means:
  • your matches from previous versions will be deprecated and not watchable/deployable anymore
  • you will only be able to fight against players how upgraded to the same version

Upgrading is irreversible, no downgrade possible.

If you have several devices linked to the same account, DO NOT OPEN A PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE GAME ONCE YOU UPGRADED
====================================================================================

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Re: Alpha 8.2

Post#2 » 13 Jun 2017, 23:08

Now working on a potential improve on the freezes during AI edition.

buzzefall
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#3 » 14 Jun 2017, 00:09

GFX47 wrote:Now working on a potential improve on the freezes during AI edition.

It's awesome! And new font is nice.

Couldn't you make bullets more contrast "to feel" them better when they are going to hit something? they now way too transparent and many other new things distract a bit too.

More ideas: I think It would be cool to make bullets instead of causing sparks when hit the bot without shield to cause flashing light, like burning blaster/plasma gun shot. That would be well noticed by eye and very appealing (if i imagined it right :lol:)
Last edited by buzzefall on 14 Jun 2017, 00:29, edited 2 times in total.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#4 » 14 Jun 2017, 00:27

I like the new font and deploying matches is way faster. Nice

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 14 Jun 2017, 00:28

The XP Level topic is out of date. (unlocks) I really like the unlimited XP Level and the 1590 / 2102 Grandmaster place indicator.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#6 » 14 Jun 2017, 00:30

LuBeNo wrote: .. the 1590 / 2102 Grandmaster place indicator.

I just realized that. Nice detail

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 14 Jun 2017, 00:33

Ritter Runkel wrote:I like the new font.

I agree.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

TheGnoo
Automaton
Automaton

Post#8 » 14 Jun 2017, 01:46

Ban bug, round 2.

Worst idea of my life, I decided to try the 8.2 version:

Besides this, the new font is a lot better.

For the rest, I'll wait until you find what causes this.
PS: I still didn't use my android device, still don't want to use it.

Thx for you help

ai drone
Script
Script

Post#9 » 14 Jun 2017, 04:35

Hello, apparently I did something wrong when I installed 8 because I lost all my AI's. Went through all tutorials, BIG improvement over old ones. I was hoping that the AI's would return once through the tutorials... they didn't. Any way I can recover them?

I am glad to see that our entries for AI's are no longer all caps! The look of the game with the damage represented by sparks and smoke is a nice touch I am sure that 1st timers will see as cool.

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#10 » 14 Jun 2017, 05:00

Minor bug

Missing an icon for self.

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#11 » 14 Jun 2017, 06:08

Yay read the changelog, you moved higher animations just for the higher settings,
Does the arena design does not affect anything? Rendering that causes lag or crash? Still remove it from simple graphics?

I play on computer chess at 2d phase, and still enjoy every aspect of it.
Kudos as always gfx.
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#12 » 14 Jun 2017, 06:18

Just a small suggestion. Feel free to ignore.

The peace symbol for Ally makes sense, but it looks a little weird when I'm setting up something like attacked by ally since attacking is not really a peaceful act.

I was thinking perhaps substituting something like this:

or this:

which still has a different silhouette to the enemy icon.

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#13 » 14 Jun 2017, 08:07

Chunkymonkey wrote:The peace symbol for Ally makes sense, but it looks a little weird when I'm setting up something like attacked by ally since attacking is not really a peaceful act.

I was thinking perhaps substituting something like this:

or this:

which still has a different silhouette to the enemy icon.

Nice image suggestions. Couldn't find a good proposal, when searching myself. Support for replacing the peace symbol.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#14 » 14 Jun 2017, 09:44

LuBeNo wrote:The XP Level topic is out of date. (unlocks) I really like the unlimited XP Level and the 1590 / 2102 Grandmaster place indicator.

Oh this is a nice info!

Yes the Xp topic should be updated (and also the new bot stats explained).

I'm sorry thegnoo got the bug again, but it means that the bug is not something to toss away.
Last edited by pier4r on 14 Jun 2017, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#15 » 14 Jun 2017, 10:31

TheGnoo wrote:Ban bug, round 2.

Worst idea of my life, I decided to try the 8.2 version:

Besides this, the new font is a lot better.

For the rest, I'll wait until you find what causes this.
PS: I still didn't use my android device, still don't want to use it.

Thx for you help

Unbanned again and unsynced your Android device.
Which device do you use?
Do you get ban right from the start or after some matches?

buzzefall
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#16 » 14 Jun 2017, 10:56

About new node appearance.

Dunno if anyone have said already, but I think new high contrast nodes are hard to read. Background is dark, and they are too bright. And ofcourse if you will decide to apply colored nodes idea that was requested earlier, appearance rollback may help: dark nodes with dark background are in harmony + coloring makes them very beatiful imho.

Plus, it's better to put one filter condition per line (like before) in each node's description - it is much easier to read and compare different nodes with that structure. Can't distinct now two slightly different nodes.

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#17 » 14 Jun 2017, 13:29

Bug report.

The icon that shows the option is and not or is appearing in the wrong place.

Screenshot_20170614-212657.png
Screenshot_20170614-212657.png (156.45 KiB) Viewed 1894 times

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#18 » 14 Jun 2017, 13:58

Can someone test if clicking "invert" selects automatically the entry or one has still to click select and invert?

(and deselecting and inverted entry? Is it enough to deselect the entry to clean the invert?)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#19 » 14 Jun 2017, 15:28

pier4r wrote:Can someone test if clicking "invert" selects automatically the entry or one has still to click select and invert?

(and deselecting and inverted entry? Is it enough to deselect the entry to clean the invert?)

Yep
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

buzzefall
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#20 » 14 Jun 2017, 15:28

By the way those shady bots in your top twitter post are different from current ones? They look really cool. The proportions of Machine Gun seem to be better than in current 8.2 version (as I remember) and shady coloring makes it really cool. Maybe you plan to use them for another purpose ? =)

Return to “Release candidates”