GFX47
Dev

Re: Alpha 8.1

Post#41 » 13 Jun 2017, 14:56

TheGnoo wrote:
GFX47 wrote:Didn't you use a fake IAP?

I don't even know what you're talking about ^^

The only thing I know is that I bought this game

and since I tried to upgrade to 8.1 my AIs disappeared and I was told I was banned from this game.

pier4r wrote:Upgrading and getting randomly banned does not sound inviting to me.

That's part of the routine of an alpha-game player ;) but I don't get why haven't we just a Username and a password ?

You indeed paid the PC version via itch.
Today at 0:22am, I received a fake IAP titled "Fake title for premium" with a fake amount of $0.01 from your Android device, this is why the server banned your player account (and removed it from leaderboard).

Your disappeared AI problem is most likely due to the fact that you opened the game in 7.11 (from your Android device from what I see) like LuBeNo reported.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#42 » 13 Jun 2017, 15:06

But wouldn't thegnoo's android be synched with his PC, therefore without the need to send fake IAP ?

Also if that would not be the case (that the android version is not synched with thegnoo's main account), how can the android version be linked to the main account of thegnoo ? Shouldn't another account be banned, and not his main one?

I mean this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=128&p=7903&hilit=thegnoo#p7903

It seems like if you have a PC version you need to pay the mobile version even if you get the account synched. Could it be?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev

Post#43 » 13 Jun 2017, 15:12

Synced doesn't mean unlocked.
PC version doesn't have the lock system, only Android has. Same for the ability to unlock.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#44 » 13 Jun 2017, 15:16

Thank God I own the game on all platforms.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#45 » 13 Jun 2017, 15:18

Anyway, since I'm an Alpha Tester (yay) I should get back to trying to break the game. :D
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#46 » 13 Jun 2017, 15:22

GFX47 wrote:Synced doesn't mean unlocked.
PC version doesn't have the lock system, only Android has. Same for the ability to unlock.

Oh, this may be clarified somewhere. I always thought: once synched, everything is the same everywhere (unlock, name, ais, etc.).

For this I was dubious of the fault of thegnoo, since he played before (=valid account) and got even synched.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheGnoo
Automaton
Automaton

Post#47 » 13 Jun 2017, 15:25

I get it GFX, the thing is, I didn't play on my android account since I bought the game, and have absolutely no idea what a "IAP" is. I don't care about my android account, and don't want to play on it.

Et je me permets de parler en français pour la suite. Un chose m'agace: J'ai payé pour un jeu et je me retrouve "accusé" d'un truc dont j'ai aucune notion.
Qu'il y ait un bug, pas de souci, mais le coup de passer pour un hacker ou je sais pas quoi c'est un peu vexant.
J'aimerais donc, si possible, que tu vérifies tout ça car je vois mal comment mon portable du boulot aurait pu t'envoyer un truc à 1 centime ou je sais pas quoi...

Merci pour ton aide.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#48 » 13 Jun 2017, 15:31

Thegnoo if you do not know what an IAP is (In app purchase, those games that connects to the play store to buy stuff), I assume you never unlocked the game on android.

But if you don't unlocked the game on android then other questions arise:

How did your client send a fake IAP? Have you downloaded gladiabots from sites (sideloading apks)? Not from the playstore?
Second question: if a player pays for the PC, but somehow messes up on android, why should he be banned on both platforms?

TheGnoo
Automaton
Automaton

Post#49 » 13 Jun 2017, 15:37

Nope, I discovered the game on the Google Play Store on free version. Then I bought it on PC and didn't play anymore on android.
And I'm a f***** civil engineer I make roads not "IAP" ^^

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#50 » 13 Jun 2017, 15:47

TheGnoo wrote:Nope, I discovered the game on the Google Play Store on free version. Then I bought it on PC and didn't play anymore on android.
And I'm a f***** civil engineer I make roads not "IAP" ^^

Well if I did not misunderstand the situation you found a nice bug in my viewpoint.

Imagine the scenario: I see a game on android, I check if there is the PC version, I buy it. I want a synch, I ask it, I get it. I am not aware of the fact that I have to pay also on mobile (or I am aware but I think I can do it later, I assume my mobile version won't work until I pay). So after a while I open the mobile version - that is not yet paid - and without doing anything I get banned.

I would have expected instead a message like "yes you are synched, but still this platform is unpaid" on android, not a direct ban.

Again if I did not misunderstand , by cache you discovered quite a problem. I'm sorry for your AIs but do not despair, surely you know from engineering that sometimes starting new brings better solutions.
Last edited by pier4r on 13 Jun 2017, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

GFX47
Dev

Post#51 » 13 Jun 2017, 16:04

You don't get banned unless you try to unlock the game with a fake purchase!
@TheGnoo, could your device have been used by someone else?

TheGnoo
Automaton
Automaton

Post#52 » 13 Jun 2017, 16:12

GFX47 wrote:@TheGnoo, could your device have been used by someone else?

Nope. It's my workphone and no one can touch it.

The only thing I did, that could explain a bug, is that when I downloaded the new version I did not see the .exe, so I tried to copy the new "Gladiabots_Data" into the old one. Then I realize how dumb I was and found the .exe.

I didn't launch the game on my Android device since several weeks.

Pier4r wrote:Again if I did not misunderstood, by cache you discovered quite a problem. I'm sorry for your AIs but do not despair, surely you know from engineering that sometimes starting new brings better solutions.

Yes, I guess it is a good opportunity to start a tagfree aiming system... but for now I can't even play the game.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#53 » 13 Jun 2017, 16:17

GFX47 wrote:You don't get banned unless you try to unlock the game with a fake purchase!

I am calling bullshit on this one. Either you have some horrible checking for fake IAPs or you just aren't bothering, but so far it is 100% unreasonable to ban TheGnoo.

First off, he has a verifiable purchase for that account from the PC version of the since May. If someone can prove they paid for their account, then they continue to have access to that same account on any other versions. Even a fake IAP should not matter then because there is nothing more of the account to buy, and TheGnoo has already paid two times the cost of unlocking his account when originally making the account.

Second, I'm pretty sure it is not even possible to pay from any client only a portion of the full cost, nor should the account decide to unlock itself off of one penny. I am pretty sure that a penny does not cover the cost of the game, and if you (somehow) still isn't convinced that the account is legitimate, then that is your fault for giving him the account from one penny.

So either you got a fake message of a fake IAP, or your stuff is bugging out, but TheGnoo should definitely still have a working account and should not be banned from one message the probably isn't true

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#54 » 13 Jun 2017, 16:20

Also another thing: I copied the apk to sync both of my secondary accounts to their separate apk without paying a single penny, so obviously syncing should NOT require a second payment on android

GFX47
Dev

Post#55 » 13 Jun 2017, 16:30

OK TheGnoo, as I believe in your good faith, I unbanned your account.
It may be a bug but it seems very unlikely as the system is there for several month, banned a ton of cheating players and only had one false positive reported.
Anyway, I don't really have time to investigate it more deeply right now.

@mcompany Please calm down and read my previous messages...

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#56 » 13 Jun 2017, 16:46

GFX47 wrote:It may be a bug but it seems very unlikely as the system is there for several month, banned a ton of cheating players and only had one false positive reported.

Well, while I am sure your system works most of the time, it is difficult to say "oh those who were banned surely were fake because they did not report anything". I imagine that the average case is (from observed discussions of other games on reddit, when customers are unhappy):

- I play
- I pay
- I get banned
- I curse you
- I put one star on the playstore, and I'll never install the game again.
- also google play refunds, for 14 days IIRC.

Remember that I was one of the first to pay the game on android and, after paying (!), my game was still locked.

So I won't toss the idea with a "nah, unlikely" and least not forever.

OT: seen just now the game having 500k+ downloads on android. Kudos!

TheGnoo
Automaton
Automaton

Post#57 » 13 Jun 2017, 16:50

GFX47 wrote:OK TheGnoo, as I believe in your good faith, I unbanned your account.

Well, thank you I guess, but I'd really like you to investigate on this when you have some time, so everything can be all clear. Because I don't want the other players to think I am a cheater.

I'm still banned for now, I guess it takes some time for the servers. So until then I'm just gonna think about a new AI I guess.

GFX47
Dev

Post#58 » 13 Jun 2017, 16:52

Should be good now.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#59 » 13 Jun 2017, 17:29

GFX47 wrote:Interested by your feedback on the AI editor "edit target" button.

I have something to say about that.
The edit target should be the only 1 proposition for choose a target. Actually the «select a target» is good when your AI is little and dont have a lot of different nodes but when you begin to have a big ammount of node you are tottally lost in all the propositon that you prefer to choose the target by «edit target».
My opinion is the previous ergonomy of the box for create nodes was better.

Other problem: you can «edit target» when you are selecting a subtree node. I do not test what is done if you modify the proposition (i hope it doesnt modify the subtree)

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#60 » 14 Jun 2017, 00:10

Here are some thoughts at day two before I migrate to 8.2

It starts that I get use to the graphics and I can concentrate more on the behavior (yesterday I didn't recognized my own tactics)

Imho the color of the health and shield is fine. Yesterday I had problems to "feel" the states of the bots, today that was easier

It's still hard to understand which bots are aiming at you

These blue lines help a lot to understand why something is happening.

The smoke also helps me to g get focused to weak own bots and weak Enemy bots. I like that and it's looking more realistic.

MG looks to big. It feels more durable then it is and my own units hide behind the mg.

My main problem is editing the AIs (magnetic grid is cool btw.). The contrast makes it hard to see the small symbols on the tree. That makes it really hard to work with the AI.

The new editor is contraintuitive to me on day 2 too. I need the full picture to define the filters for actions. It's such a big difference if I filter something known or something unknown. And the predefined targets are to much for me. Maybe if I could define 5-10 that could be nice. But not more and not all the nodes I ever defined.

That's it so far. Let's go to 8.2

Return to “Release candidates”