Re: Alpha 12

Post#61 » 02 Feb 2018, 11:42

RC3 is up, first post updated.
Fixed all the reported bugs.

GFX47
Dev

Post#62 » 02 Feb 2018, 11:52

mumpsimus wrote:Also, it would mean automatic requeueing could come back, which would be a big win for those of us playing in time zones that don't have a ton of other players, because it would mean more games available in general.

Requeuing shouldn't be needed anymore with the new matchmaking system.

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#63 » 02 Feb 2018, 16:07

I reported an issue via email earlier for RC2. Still present in RC3

Android.
Oreo 8.1

At full zoom in the AI editor, I can cause a node to bounce around while moving and snapping to grid that results in the node being moved to an extreme distance.

I'll post a video showing this soon.

GFX47
Dev

Post#64 » 02 Feb 2018, 16:38

Chunkymonkey wrote:At full zoom in the AI editor, I can cause a node to bounce around while moving and snapping to grid that results in the node being moved to an extreme distance.

That's actually an old and rather rare bug I skip for now (I don't have a valid solution yet).

Dnumev
Script
Script

Post#65 » 02 Feb 2018, 17:26

There is no longer(Alpha 12) a nice end screen at the end of the campaign, it just says victory.

PiR
Hello World
Hello World

Post#66 » 02 Feb 2018, 19:46

RC3 correct all freeze bugs for me, thanks :D

But I still have this bug:
For "Distance From Closest Enemy" I still have a problem if I use it on an enemy target:
If I choose OR or LR or MR it is never true. But if I choose SR it is always true. I think it consider that the closest enemy is himself so it is always at SR.

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#67 » 03 Feb 2018, 00:47

GFX47 wrote:
Chunkymonkey wrote:At full zoom in the AI editor, I can cause a node to bounce around while moving and snapping to grid that results in the node being moved to an extreme distance.

That's actually an old and rather rare bug I skip for now (I don't have a valid solution yet).

Oh ok. :D

GFX47
Dev

Post#68 » 03 Feb 2018, 02:12

PiR wrote:But I still have this bug:
For "Distance From Closest Enemy" I still have a problem if I use it on an enemy target:
If I choose OR or LR or MR it is never true. But if I choose SR it is always true. I think it consider that the closest enemy is himself so it is always at SR.

I knew I missed something T___T

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#69 » 03 Feb 2018, 06:30

GFX47 wrote:
mumpsimus wrote:Also, it would mean automatic requeueing could come back, which would be a big win for those of us playing in time zones that don't have a ton of other players, because it would mean more games available in general.

Requeuing shouldn't be needed anymore with the new matchmaking system.

I'm not sure what you mean by needed. :) With autoqueueing, I was able to play more matches, because it was likely that somebody was doing well, and their AI survived until I was able to play. Right now I get about 6 or 7 matches a day, which is not a lot, and it looks like I get to play the same player at most once (although that could be coincidence,) which means if I make changes, I won't see their effect on the same map against the same player, even if they queued a game?

I guess in short: how does the new matchmaking work, and why does it obsolete autoqueueing?

(Also, to make sure it's clear: I really like most of the changes in this new alpha, and I'm excited to see where the game goes from here!)

GFX47
Dev

Post#70 » 03 Feb 2018, 12:31

PiR wrote:But I still have this bug:

Fixed this + the freezes related to distance from entities selectors in RC4.
First post updated!

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#71 » 03 Feb 2018, 18:17

New RC4 bug:

It looks like filters like 'if enemy (attacking me) and (sniper class) exists' are broken. (Maybe others as well, I don't see if enemy attacking me and at range X firing either I think.)

See debug AI screenshot attached: I'd expect the condition for at least one enemy attacking me, and the condition for a sniper attacking me to light up. (Note it's not because it just started attacking either...)
debug.PNG
debug.PNG (377.55 KiB) Viewed 483 times

Edit: counting looks broken as well: there is clearly more than one enemy at long range, but while >= 1 fires, >= 2 and >= 3 do not...

GFX47
Dev

Post#72 » 03 Feb 2018, 19:21

I can't reproduce it :(
Can you send me your logs after noticing the bug?

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#73 » 03 Feb 2018, 20:29

GFX47 wrote:I can't reproduce it :(
Can you send me your logs after noticing the bug?

Sent

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#74 » 03 Feb 2018, 21:31

Since I still haven't fixed my "attack any" nodes, I actually noticed some interesting results from them. It seems like those nodes targets multiple bots at once, but can still do damage to at least one of the bots it's targeting. However, I haven't seen enough games to show all of their patterns

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#75 » 03 Feb 2018, 21:40

Also, choosing to continue watching on a match that has been ended by time ending will make all of the buttons to unpause stay unpressable

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#76 » 04 Feb 2018, 06:48

mumpsimus wrote:New RC4 bug:

It looks like filters like 'if enemy (attacking me) and (sniper class) exists' are broken. (Maybe others as well, I don't see if enemy attacking me and at range X firing either I think.)

See debug AI screenshot attached: I'd expect the condition for at least one enemy attacking me, and the condition for a sniper attacking me to light up. (Note it's not because it just started attacking either...)debug.PNG

Edit: counting looks broken as well: there is clearly more than one enemy at long range, but while >= 1 fires, >= 2 and >= 3 do not...

I too think there is something wrong with some of the nodes. For example, the enemy shotgun isn't being read correctly in 853675

GFX47
Dev

Post#77 » 04 Feb 2018, 10:09

I found the issue, fixing it.

GFX47
Dev

Post#78 » 04 Feb 2018, 10:11

Also, I'll reply about the new matchmaking later today.

GFX47
Dev

Post#79 » 04 Feb 2018, 12:09

RC5 > first post

GFX47
Dev

Post#80 » 04 Feb 2018, 17:04

Could anyone test RC5?
I'd like to release it officially as soon as possible.

Return to “Release candidates”