Alpha 12

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton

Re: Alpha 12

Post#41 » 31 Jan 2018, 22:43

GFX47 wrote:
sollniss wrote:The nodes "if any enemy exists (long range)" and "if all enemies exist (long range)" both got converted to "if enemy exists (long range)".

I may miss something here but both "any enemy (long range) exists" and "all enemies (long range) exist" (and the new "if enemy (long range) exists") should have the same result.

Not really, let's think about it.

2 enemies, one short range, one long range:

if any enemy exists (long range) => true, because there is at least one in long range
if all enemies exist (long range) => false, because not all are in long range

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#42 » 31 Jan 2018, 22:52

sollniss wrote:2 enemies, one short range, one long range:

if any enemy exists (long range) => true, because there is at least one in long range
if all enemies exist (long range) => false, because not all are in long range

Actually:
if all enemies exist (long range) = true
if all enemies at long range = false

I think placing the filter at the end of your sentence is misleading you.

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton

Post#43 » 31 Jan 2018, 22:57

I don't remember exactly how it was in the old system, but there definitely was a difference which is now gone.

Both got converted to the same node so I need to look through my whole AI and check if every condition makes sense.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#44 » 01 Feb 2018, 05:24

Sollniss is right that there was a massive change in certain nodes the is very different than what it was originally. Sollniss, however, is what on what. "if all enemies exist (long range)" and "if any enemies exist (long range)" is the exact same due to the fact that filters act before the condition, and if anything lasts through the filters enough to reach the conditions, then it must exist, regardless of number. What was changed (and removed) is the situation gfx pointed out:
GFX47 wrote:Actually:

The second statement is now impossible to do without adding in whole tagging node when you want to check that type of stuff (and thus being forced to save a tag to be free for any advanced action you want to do). Furthermore, changing "if closest enemy is sniper" to "if enemy (sniper) exists" can completely break certain sections of AIs that relies on it, such as players like chillo, chris, sollniss, and maybe ritter

Edit: by the way, changing a condition from "exists" to "greater than x" still shows a popup saying that the target selector has been changed, despite the fact that we can't use the target selector anymore

TomCat
Script
Script

Post#45 » 01 Feb 2018, 06:36

GFX47 wrote:
mcompany wrote:Are you still uploading? Because the OP hasn't been updated yet

I didn't say RC2 was ready yet, just listed what would be in it ;)

Please, and when are You planning to release the RC2? Cause the big question mark at action Tag and Team Tag is very very annoying.
My God, it's full of stars!

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#46 » 01 Feb 2018, 07:40

My ais aren't lighting up all different colors... How did you make them do that??

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#47 » 01 Feb 2018, 08:56

mcompany wrote:Sollniss is right that there was a massive change in certain nodes the is very different than what it was originally.

Removing non counting conditions was a tough choice I had to make in order to simplify the system.
Similar filters and conditions were a source of confusion for a lot of players. Sollniss's question is a good example of that.
I know it removes some advanced possibilities but I decided it was a reasonable price to pay.

Sorry for the impact on your AIs, I made the best migration possible on the existing nodes.

mcompany wrote:by the way, changing a condition from "exists" to "greater than x" still shows a popup saying that the target selector has been changed, despite the fact that we can't use the target selector anymore

Fixed in RC2.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#48 » 01 Feb 2018, 08:56

TomCat wrote:Please, and when are You planning to release the RC2? Cause the big question mark at action Tag and Team Tag is very very annoying.

RC2 coming today.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#49 » 01 Feb 2018, 10:00

RC2 available, links in the first post!

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#50 » 01 Feb 2018, 12:18

GFX47 wrote:RC2 available, links in the first post!

Thanks

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#51 » 01 Feb 2018, 15:21

mcompany wrote:
GFX47 wrote:Actually:

The second statement is now impossible to do without adding in whole tagging node when you want to check that type of stuff (and thus being forced to save a tag to be free for any advanced action you want to do).

Couldn't you use "if enemy (at short range or at medium range or out of range from me) not (exist)" to achieve the second statement? Admittedly it's not very straight forward, but can still be done without tags, or am I missing something here?

I must admit I'm going to miss the "closest enemy is at long range" node.

mcompany wrote: Furthermore, changing "if closest enemy is sniper" to "if enemy (sniper) exists" can completely break certain sections of AIs that relies on it, such as players like chillo, chris, sollniss, and maybe ritter

Hmm, I don't have a solution to that one.

Losing "the closest to me" condition is actually pretty big. That will shake a lot of AIs.

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#52 » 01 Feb 2018, 18:06

There's only one map in Ranked, that seemingly doesn't change.

My ideal scenario for random maps would be: there's a set of 10 randomly generated maps in ranked at any time, and every 24 hours, the oldest map gets retired, and a new one gets added.

This would give everyone a fair chance to play on the same maps, while avoiding the tedium that drove people away when there was only one daily map.

Also, it would mean automatic requeueing could come back, which would be a big win for those of us playing in time zones that don't have a ton of other players, because it would mean more games available in general.

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#53 » 01 Feb 2018, 18:09

Minor annoyance:

adding nodes to a selection with a regular click is counter intuitive, and will lead to accidentally deleting / changing nodes in other parts of your ai when you move around while a node is still selected.

I'd prefer the common paradigm of:

* click = new selection
* ctrl-click = add to current selection
(possibly shift click, althoug that usually means expand selection up to this point, which is hard to get right in 2d, unless a selection rectangle is visible at all times.)

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#54 » 01 Feb 2018, 19:36

Too late now, but I just realized that all nodes got converted from closest/furthest/weakest/strongest to "any". This includes attack nodes

PiR
Hello World
Hello World

Post#55 » 01 Feb 2018, 20:17

Thanks for RC2.
I confirm it correct freeze bug for #852000. But I still have a freeze for #852006 and #852056 .

For "Distance From Closest Enemy" I still have a problem if I use it on an enemy target:
If I choose OR or LR or MR it is never true. But if I choose SR it is always true. I think it consider that the closest enemy is himself so it is always at SR.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#56 » 01 Feb 2018, 20:47

PiR wrote: I think it consider that the closest enemy is himself so it is always at SR.

Holly shit thanks, I think you're right.
Fixing it in RC3.
Should be available tomorrow around 10am CET.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#57 » 01 Feb 2018, 21:53

mcompany wrote:Too late now, but I just realized that all nodes got converted from closest/furthest/weakest/strongest to "any". This includes attack nodes

Are you 100% sure of that?
Target selector shouldn't have been altered by the alpha 12 migration. If that's the case, that's a bug and I'm really sorry about that.
Anyone else having the same problem?

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#58 » 02 Feb 2018, 02:49

GFX47 wrote:
mcompany wrote:Too late now, but I just realized that all nodes got converted from closest/furthest/weakest/strongest to "any". This includes attack nodes

Are you 100% sure of that?
Target selector shouldn't have been altered by the alpha 12 migration. If that's the case, that's a bug and I'm really sorry about that.
Anyone else having the same problem?

Correction, it seems to only affect my main current AIs, but surprisingly not my movement subtree. Also it gave dropping resources a target of "any"
Screenshot_20180201-174357.png
Screenshot_20180201-174357.png (163.01 KiB) Viewed 466 times

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#59 » 02 Feb 2018, 07:04

I think this may be a known issue, but just to be sure:

In unranked (at least, might happen in ranked as well) any match that ends with one team eliminating all the bots of the other team while being behind or tied in score will freeze the game.

This is still the case in RC2.

[edit] I think this *may* be due to me trying to score at the ally base furthest from an enemy when there are no enemies left?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#60 » 02 Feb 2018, 08:32

mumpsimus wrote:I think this *may* be due to me trying to score at the ally base furthest from an enemy when there are no enemies left?

There's a bug with the new filters when all enemies are dead.
It's something I'm fixing in RC3.

Return to “Release candidates”