Alpha 11

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Alpha 11

Post#41 » 25 Nov 2017, 17:44

GFX47 wrote:
mumpsimus wrote:
mumpsimus wrote:The only real issue I found is that after you win chapter 5 level 5, no dialog is presented, so the match just keeps on running, even after all resources are scored and the timer runs down.

Didnt' you get the game over panel popping up?

Nope, the game just went into slow motion like in the other chapters when the game is decided, but no pop-up.

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#42 » 25 Nov 2017, 17:56

RC2 question:

After switching to RC2 the queue does show up (yay!) but what's strange is that it shows the win/loss status of most of the 'new' games, but not all. Is this intentional?
queue.PNG
queue.PNG (209.74 KiB) Viewed 648 times

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#43 » 25 Nov 2017, 17:58

mumpsimus wrote:RC2 question:

After switching to RC2 the queue does show up (yay!) but what's strange is that it shows the win/loss status of most of the 'new' games, but not all. Is this intentional? queue.PNG

That is a feature
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#44 » 25 Nov 2017, 18:03

GFX47 wrote:
mumpsimus wrote:Also: when I select an action node, and click on the target to edit it, it seems to forget all but one of the filters in the edit view.

Can't repro either.
Can you make a screenshot of the node you are editing?

This still happens in RC2:

before editing:
editbug1.PNG
editbug1.PNG (72.21 KiB) Viewed 647 times

after clicking the target panel:
editbug2.PNG
editbug2.PNG (121.91 KiB) Viewed 647 times

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#45 » 25 Nov 2017, 19:36

GFX47 wrote:
LuBeNo wrote:Several deployment settings are great. Would love to have an 1 / 2 / 3 setting to activate / cross use settings of career in test etc

Not sure I understand.
You mean proposing several redeploy counts?

Its not about redeploy (works fine btw.) - I mean it would be great to have 3 or 5 perhaps named slots for game configurations (What AI a bot uses in this map and what bot class he is.). (You separated the game configurations for test and career)

One could then easily join an assault only tournament. By selecting profile 2.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#46 » 25 Nov 2017, 19:42

GFX47 wrote:
LuBeNo wrote:This option: "Add fast AI edition option" looks promising. Perhaps there should be a cancel button bringing you back to the standard dialog.

Whaaat?!
Did you enable the option and see the difference?

I saw the difference. When using this mode I at some point forgot an filter and had to select the target selector it would be nice to have the "asynchronous" GUI.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#47 » 25 Nov 2017, 19:45

GFX47 wrote:
LuBeNo wrote:If games get downloaded - any way to unload them are only 10 / 100 games stored?

Huh?

Or the other way around: Did you restrict space used for downloaded games? AFAIK the games are rather big. Especially on a mobile I would care. (either restrict the feature to a max games count or make a button delete all saved games.

GFX47
Dev

Post#48 » 25 Nov 2017, 20:34

mumpsimus wrote:
GFX47 wrote:
mumpsimus wrote:Didnt' you get the game over panel popping up?

Nope, the game just went into slow motion like in the other chapters when the game is decided, but no pop-up.

Does it happen everytime you replay it?
Could you send me your logs if it happens again?

GFX47
Dev

Post#49 » 25 Nov 2017, 20:37

mumpsimus wrote:RC2 question:

After switching to RC2 the queue does show up (yay!) but what's strange is that it shows the win/loss status of most of the 'new' games, but not all. Is this intentional? queue.PNG

It was a requested feature.
If your opponent resolved the match, you get the result.
The ones not resolved yet have the "?" tag.
You can clear the new flags of already resolved matches with the upper right button.

GFX47
Dev

Post#50 » 25 Nov 2017, 20:38

mumpsimus wrote:
GFX47 wrote:
mumpsimus wrote:Also: when I select an action node, and click on the target to edit it, it seems to forget all but one of the filters in the edit view.

Can't repro either.
Can you make a screenshot of the node you are editing?

This still happens in RC2:

before editing:editbug1.PNG

after clicking the target panel: editbug2.PNG

Thanks, I'll try to reproduce it.

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#51 » 25 Nov 2017, 20:40

I just sent a bug report.. I have a lot of (auto generated) matches that are listed as undeployed and no way to deploy them..

GFX47
Dev

Post#52 » 25 Nov 2017, 20:43

LuBeNo wrote:
GFX47 wrote:
LuBeNo wrote:Several deployment settings are great. Would love to have an 1 / 2 / 3 setting to activate / cross use settings of career in test etc

Not sure I understand.
You mean proposing several redeploy counts?

Its not about redeploy (works fine btw.) - I mean it would be great to have 3 or 5 perhaps named slots for game configurations (What AI a bot uses in this map and what bot class he is.). (You separated the game configurations for test and career)

One could then easily join an assault only tournament. By selecting profile 2.

Interesting.
I have to think about the impact on the UI.

GFX47
Dev

Post#53 » 25 Nov 2017, 20:44

LuBeNo wrote:
GFX47 wrote:
LuBeNo wrote:This option: "Add fast AI edition option" looks promising. Perhaps there should be a cancel button bringing you back to the standard dialog.

Whaaat?!
Did you enable the option and see the difference?

I saw the difference. When using this mode I at some point forgot an filter and had to select the target selector it would be nice to have the "asynchronous" GUI.

Sorry, I don't know what the asynchronous UI is.

GFX47
Dev

Post#54 » 25 Nov 2017, 20:45

LuBeNo wrote:
GFX47 wrote:
LuBeNo wrote:If games get downloaded - any way to unload them are only 10 / 100 games stored?

Huh?

Or the other way around: Did you restrict space used for downloaded games? AFAIK the games are rather big. Especially on a mobile I would care. (either restrict the feature to a max games count or make a button delete all saved games.

Oh yes, there's a limit to 100 matches.

GFX47
Dev

Post#55 » 25 Nov 2017, 20:46

Athelinde wrote:I just sent a bug report.. I have a lot of (auto generated) matches that are listed as undeployed and no way to deploy them..

Thanks, I'll check that ASAP.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#56 » 25 Nov 2017, 21:37

mcompany wrote:Request: can the auto-deploy switch be before you see the map, not during?

GFX47
Dev

Post#57 » 25 Nov 2017, 22:08

GFX47 wrote:
mcompany wrote:Request: can the auto-deploy switch be before you see the map, bot during?

May I ask why?

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#58 » 26 Nov 2017, 01:34

During 10.x, one of the biggest boosts to my elo was a major winning streak on Barred Spiral with my auto-deploy. And really, playing as often as possible on your good maps and avoiding your bad maps seems like too much of an ability to manipulate your score instead of it being legitimate and fair. At least if you can't control what map you can auto deploy, you can't try to control your wins and loses as much and it would stay at least a little more fair

MrChris
Automaton
Automaton

Post#59 » 26 Nov 2017, 03:37

I disagree with picking before the game. The point of the autodeploy is to create more games for people to play against. Making people pick before might stop them from using the feature. Also, there might be some maps where you wouldn't want to redeploy even if you won.

You deserved your Elo boost
------------------------------------------------
My in-game name is MrChris

Creator of the unofficial Gladiabots stats page: https://gladiabots-stats.info.tm/mrchris
And the Gladiabots retreatment simulator: https://cmrichards.github.io/glad_simulation

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#60 » 26 Nov 2017, 04:56

MrChris wrote:Making people pick before WILL stop them from using the feature.

This.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Return to “Release candidates”