Alpha 11

GFX47
Dev

Alpha 11

Post#1 » 24 Nov 2017, 19:41

Changelog:
  • Added a new campaign mode (30 new missions)
  • Added "Eagle Prime" and "Kuratas" machine gun models inspired by the USA vs Japan giant robot duel
  • Added computed match results even when player didn't watch the match
  • Added a "reset new tags" button in match lists
  • Removed team composition constraint in sandbox (test) mode
  • Added auto-redeploy on victory option
  • Added a fast AI edition option
  • Added portrait orientation support
  • Balancing tweaks
  • Implemented offline access to (already downloaded) multiplayer matches
  • Improved deployment setups saving to be separated across the different modes
  • Improved training missions (split in 3 chapters)
  • Improved favorite targets system
  • Fixed collision system
  • Fixed target selector selection resetting filters
  • More fixes, improvements and optimizations (see the roadmap)

RC5 builds:
Android
Windows

Warning: this build uses a new resolution engine version so Alpha 10 matches will be unplayable.

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Alpha 11

Post#2 » 24 Nov 2017, 20:31

Awesome! So hyped to try it out! :D

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#3 » 24 Nov 2017, 20:34

The loading bar is frozen... Is that because the file size is so large? Maybe you should have a more precise loading bar if that's the case.

I've noticed the loading bar usually staggers when opening gladiabots, but it's made much worse by larger updates. It's been frozen for the past 10 minutes on both my PC and Android phone.

Update: After 11 minutes my Android version restarted on it's own and then went through. PC Version still will not start.
Last edited by Revenge on 24 Nov 2017, 22:57, edited 2 times in total.

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#4 » 24 Nov 2017, 21:13

New campaign mode is fantastic! Very well put together and helpful. Made it through Chapter 1 with no bugs. Going to test Training Mode now.

Training Mode:
It just ended training mode after completing "Priorities" mission. Is it supposed to do that?

On "Approach your target" the edit button should probably be highlighted. Not necessary but might be helpful.

Update: The mission directly following "Approach your target" is bugged. I sent an email with a bugreport attached.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 24 Nov 2017, 21:39

First load is bugged (hangs at the loading screen). Just restart it and it should work

So far I've just looked at the machine gun balance, so idk about anything else yet (plus I'm spending time with family right now)

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#6 » 24 Nov 2017, 21:54

mcompany wrote:First load is bugged (hangs at the loading screen). Just restart it and it should work

So far I've just looked at the machine gun balance, so idk about anything else yet (plus I'm spending time with family right now)

Restarting doesn't work for pc. It's been loading since my first post. And restarting it did not fix it.

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#7 » 25 Nov 2017, 00:42

Campaign feedback and minor issues:

First of all, it's hard to judge the challenge level for newer players, but I had fun playing this with a new AI from scratch. I will say that after chapter 2 a lot of the other chapters' levels other than the bosses were instant wins, but that will probably be different for newer players.

I assume the flavor text that is still to be added will contain some hints as to what new challenge each AI presents? I think that will help guide newer players.

The only real issue I found is that after you win chapter 5 level 5, no dialog is presented, so the match just keeps on running, even after all resources are scored and the timer runs down.

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#8 » 25 Nov 2017, 00:47

There are a few new things that are confusing to me:

1. The different MGs are completely cosmetic choices, correct? I think having those is fun, but may be confusing to new players, so I would maybe disable them during the campaign.

2. The '[AND]' and '[OR]' labels on the filters: is it really true that ally action on target, enemy action on target, and the tags behave differently from all the other filters? That seems like an arbitrary choice to me, so probably deserves some mouseover explanation at least. (Also, maybe there could be a way to switch between AND an OR on each filter?)

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#9 » 25 Nov 2017, 02:01

Request: can the auto-deploy switch be before you see the map, bot during?

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#10 » 25 Nov 2017, 02:12

Also, my matches with oxide isn't showing correctly (still using a 10.x only list?)

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#11 » 25 Nov 2017, 02:21

Bug report:

1. When editing AIs, if you change the selector (say from 'closest' to 'any' or 'weakest shield' it loses the already selected filters.

2. Matches in Ranked/Unranked don't show up in my queue, nor do new replays.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#12 » 25 Nov 2017, 04:48

Bug: New matches don't appear in list after they're played.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#13 » 25 Nov 2017, 05:42

mumpsimus wrote:Bug report:

1. When editing AIs, if you change the selector (say from 'closest' to 'any' or 'weakest shield' it loses the already selected filters.

Also: when I select an action node, and click on the target to edit it, it seems to forget all but one of the filters in the edit view.

mumpsimus
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#14 » 25 Nov 2017, 06:11

Score/Victory bugs:

I see weird scores, where I get -1 rating points for a victory: 822269

and even weirder: this game is considered a draw, while all my bots got destroyed: 822289

GFX47
Dev

Post#15 » 25 Nov 2017, 08:44

Revenge wrote:The loading bar is frozen... Is that because the file size is so large? Maybe you should have a more precise loading bar if that's the case.

If this happens again to someone, please send me your logs right away.
You have to hold 3 fingers on screen on mobile or hit the ² key on desktop to show up the console.

GFX47
Dev

Post#16 » 25 Nov 2017, 09:03

Revenge wrote:Training Mode:
It just ended training mode after completing "Priorities" mission. Is it supposed to do that?

What do you mean by you "ended training" mode exactly?

Revenge wrote:On "Approach your target" the edit button should probably be highlighted. Not necessary but might be helpful.

There's a bug with timeout not stopping the game.

Revenge wrote:Update: The mission directly following "Approach your target" is bugged. I sent an email with a bugreport attached.

It's shield, I managed to reproduce it.

Fixing all of this in next RC.

GFX47
Dev

Post#17 » 25 Nov 2017, 09:24

mumpsimus wrote:I assume the flavor text that is still to be added will contain some hints as to what new challenge each AI presents? I think that will help guide newer players.

Good idea.

mumpsimus wrote:The only real issue I found is that after you win chapter 5 level 5, no dialog is presented, so the match just keeps on running, even after all resources are scored and the timer runs down.

Didnt' you get the game over panel popping up?

GFX47
Dev

Post#18 » 25 Nov 2017, 09:43

mumpsimus wrote:1. The different MGs are completely cosmetic choices, correct? I think having those is fun, but may be confusing to new players, so I would maybe disable them during the campaign.

Yes, they are new models for the MG class (only available in pro version).
They are present in campaign to tease them a bit.

mumpsimus wrote:2. The '[AND]' and '[OR]' labels on the filters: is it really true that ally action on target, enemy action on target, and the tags behave differently from all the other filters? That seems like an arbitrary choice to me, so probably deserves some mouseover explanation at least. (Also, maybe there could be a way to switch between AND an OR on each filter?)

Ally action, enemy action and tag/team tag categories use AND because they contain filters that are not exclusive.
You can be attacked and fled by enemies at the same time.
On the contraty, you can't move and attack at the same time or be a sniper and an assault at the same time.

GFX47
Dev

Post#19 » 25 Nov 2017, 09:44

mcompany wrote:Request: can the auto-deploy switch be before you see the map, bot during?

May I ask why?

GFX47
Dev

Post#20 » 25 Nov 2017, 10:13

mumpsimus wrote:1. When editing AIs, if you change the selector (say from 'closest' to 'any' or 'weakest shield' it loses the already selected filters.

I worked on a fix in this version.
I can't reproduce it, do you have specific repro steps?

mumpsimus wrote:2. Matches in Ranked/Unranked don't show up in my queue, nor do new replays.

I may have a fix for that, I'm not sure I'm reproducing the exact same problem as yours.
We'll see in RC2.

Return to “Release candidates”