Alpha 11

GFX47
Dev Team

Re: Alpha 11

Post#81 » 28 Nov 2017, 15:54

RC4 available: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1229

Changelog:
- Added support for non ASCII characters (cyrillic, chinese, etc)
- Added option to toggle already resolved multiplayer match result reveal
- Enabled portrait mode on mobile (for test purpose, not fully supported)

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#82 » 28 Nov 2017, 17:03

GFX47 wrote:- Added option to toggle already resolved multiplayer match result reveal

Should I call 404? Because I don't see that option (unless it is in the actual settings).
Also, many of my older 10.x matches once again was shown without its result, (despite showing me the result before and being from a older version)

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#83 » 28 Nov 2017, 21:26

mcompany wrote:
GFX47 wrote:- Added option to toggle already resolved multiplayer match result reveal

Should I call 404? Because I don't see that option (unless it is in the actual settings).
Also, many of my older 10.x matches once again was shown without its result, (despite showing me the result before and being from a older version)

Check the settings menu, user interface category.
I have the same problem with deprecated matches, I'll fix it, just ignore them for now.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#84 » 29 Nov 2017, 21:56

RC5 with better portrait support (enable portrait orientation in settings menu).
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1229

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#85 » 29 Nov 2017, 22:35

Hmm... is there any reason that making a new match (after you finish watching a match) goes back to the career menu before requesting the match?

Is there any reason to push stats during this process when it should have been done when a victory was detected?

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#86 » 29 Nov 2017, 23:11

Double post/ Request: a place to set up online set ups without needing to request a game (while still being separate from sandbox or campaign)

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#87 » 30 Nov 2017, 03:53

mcompany wrote:Is there any reason to push stats during this process when it should have been done when a victory was detected?

My guess is that it's the match data (AIs, setup, IGN) that's being uploaded.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#88 » 30 Nov 2017, 06:00

Kanishka wrote:
My guess is that it's the match data (AIs, setup, IGN) that's being uploaded.

1. Ign is known as soon as you join/create the game, and the AIs/setup is uploaded before you download the opponent's AIs/setup to see the results. The only thing necessary to upload at the end of a game is the result of the game. So that doesn't make any sense.
2. Even if, if the device has to reach the server anyways, if the game still lags on result afterwards (potentially proving that it is uploading results during the lag), why doesn't it upload the stats during the process instead of doing it on the needless brief appearance of the career menu? Considering that pushing the stats usually isn't very laggy, doing so during the lag doesn't seem like any issues, and might be able to simplify the server calls (...maybe... idk, maybe not, idk how the server calls works)

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#89 » 03 Dec 2017, 11:42

Changelog wrote:Improve "closest"/"furthest" selection in case of distance equality

So this is used instead of instantiation order, correct? How does it work? Some kind of angle?
So it needs to be changed in the wiki.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#90 » 03 Dec 2017, 23:13

Yes. I thought I added the details in the card description but apparently not, sorry about that.
It now uses distance from center of the map then distance from horizontal axis then distance from vertical axis then "instantiation".

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#91 » 04 Dec 2017, 01:04

GFX47 wrote:It now uses distance from center of the map then distance from horizontal axis then distance from vertical axis then "instantiation".

Thank you.

GFX47 wrote:Yes. I thought I added the details in the card description but apparently not, sorry about that.

IMO you documented the other 35! changes really well. ;)

Good job on the new version. *Thumbs up*
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#92 » 04 Dec 2017, 01:18

Thanks! Really appreciated :)

Return to “Release candidates”