Alpha 10.3

GFX47
Dev

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#21 » 06 Oct 2017, 09:49

Uploaded RC4 with some fixes and tweaks on rendering, see first post for links.
Publishing it publicly in a few hours if no bug gets reported.

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#22 » 06 Oct 2017, 11:05

GFX47 wrote:Right now, Miojo would only have 11 opponents for instance.

I think 500 or 600 would also fit. 800 would lead to not even a single league score point exchanged on a victory of the stronger player. IMO this should be avoided.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

MrChris
Automaton
Automaton

Post#23 » 06 Oct 2017, 11:22

Got a Linux Version?
------------------------------------------------
My in-game name is MrChris

Creator of the unofficial Gladiabots stats page: https://gladiabots-stats.info.tm/mrchris
And the Gladiabots retreatment simulator: https://cmrichards.github.io/glad_simulation

GFX47
Dev

Post#24 » 06 Oct 2017, 11:32

Building it...

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#25 » 06 Oct 2017, 11:39

GFX47 wrote:
GFX47 wrote:And top players will complain they always fight the same guys...

Right now, Miojo would only have 11 opponents for instance.

and? Have 11 meaningful opponents.

You do not go to play chess against toddlers.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#26 » 06 Oct 2017, 11:40

LuBeNo wrote:I think 500 or 600 would also fit. 800 would lead to not even a single league score point exchanged on a victory of the stronger player. IMO this should be avoided.

Yes 500/600 may lead to points, but those are already not meaningful given the statistics of win/losses. It is 90% of the time one sided games and those 10% of the time are of little meaning.

The border is 400 given statistics on the matches db dump. Actually 300 is even better, 400 is stretching already.

Also don't forget that when ranges are changed, scores change too. I should really build a score simulator just to have more results in those cases. Also it is fun.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev

Post#27 » 06 Oct 2017, 11:45

15% of player's ranking score?

GFX47
Dev

Post#28 » 06 Oct 2017, 11:52

Added the linux build.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#29 » 06 Oct 2017, 12:57

GFX47 wrote:15% of player's ranking score?

the elo formula does not work really with percentages but with differences.

Old discussion with nullpointer that thought that percentages were important: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=472

So using percentages would not matter much for scores that are small, but the larger they get, the more "meh" it will be.

Then again, the decision is not up to me and one can also like something that is different from my pov.

GFX47
Dev

Post#30 » 06 Oct 2017, 16:54

10.3 is now public!
Thanks for your help testing the RCs <3

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#31 » 06 Oct 2017, 16:59

GFX47 wrote:10.3 is now public!

<3
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#32 » 06 Oct 2017, 18:46

GFX47 wrote:10.3 is now public!

^.^
Last edited by Revenge on 06 Oct 2017, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#33 » 06 Oct 2017, 19:03

GFX47 wrote:Changelog:
- Added distance from arena borders conditions, selectors and filters

Umm.... no you didn't. The distance from border filters are all gone now. =.='

nope.png
nope.png (127.88 KiB) Viewed 799 times

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#34 » 06 Oct 2017, 19:19

10.3 public version, tried to replicate bug, negative. I repeat, not there.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#35 » 06 Oct 2017, 19:22

Kanishka wrote:10.3 public version, tried to replicate bug, negative. I repeat, not there.

Yeah, it was probably cause the patch version i had was outdated. Just updated it now and everything is fine. My bad.

Melkor
Script
Script

Post#36 » 06 Oct 2017, 20:11

pier4r wrote:
No it is very difficult for you to lose elo (you lose crumbs, that one victory will offset), but it is also very frustrating after a certain gap.

The problem is, even though one victory would offset all those losses, I'm not going to get a victory against mrchris or any of the people in his tier. So eventually I, and everyone who's about the same as me or just below me are eventually going to get pushed into silver. Then we'll push all the silver people down into bronze. Maybe in the short run this will be okay, but eventually its just going to lead to a much larger gap between the top players and everyone else.

I mean, you can't just arbitrarily increase league size to give the top players more matches. They'll just casually stomp all the people below them, and then we'll just go down to whatever the second league is. Even if we can hold on to gold, having us match against the top players doesn't really help the playerbase. If I constantly face mrchris, I'm just going to stop matching. And even if I do keep playing anyway, its not like he gains from constantly beating me. It just wastes both of our time. The top players get the same amount of good matches, but everyone outside the top 25 gets a ton of pointless matches.

I'm just going to do unranked for now, and hope this gets reverted.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#37 » 06 Oct 2017, 21:38

Melkor wrote:The problem is, even though one victory would offset all those losses, I'm not going to get a victory against mrchris or any of the people in his tier. So eventually I, and everyone who's about the same as me or just below me are eventually going to get pushed into silver.

No we had this already for months, it does not happen. But yes, it bring a lot of players to quit quickly. Unfortunately it seems that sometimes the same experience has to be repeated multiple times to be understood. The actual league is better than how it was before (before was from 2200 to 1300) but it is worse than the middle experience (from 2200 to 1750). We will see.

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#38 » 06 Oct 2017, 21:49

pier4r wrote:
Melkor wrote:The problem is, even though one victory would offset all those losses, I'm not going to get a victory against mrchris or any of the people in his tier. So eventually I, and everyone who's about the same as me or just below me are eventually going to get pushed into silver.

No we had this already for months, it does not happen. But yes, it bring a lot of players to quit quickly. Unfortunately it seems that sometimes the same experience has to be repeated multiple times to be understood. The actual league is better than how it was before (before was from 2200 to 1300) but it is worse than the middle experience (from 2200 to 1750). We will see.

I made a topic to continue the discussion.
Check it out! :3
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1090

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#39 » 06 Oct 2017, 22:24

I'm just going to say that during 6.1.3 when I stopped using tags (and couldn't use action filters because they wasn't in the game yet), I pretty much was always beaten badly by the higher ranked players, yet I never got demoted out of the top league. And during 7.x, when a bunch of players without snipers playing against players with snipers was a massive issue, despite losing basically every match, they still found it hard to even try to get demoted on purpose to fight players that was easier to beat. So quite simply, this really isn't true at all

Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#40 » 06 Oct 2017, 22:36

mcompany wrote:

I'm just going to say that during 6.1.3 when I stopped using tags (and couldn't use action filters because they wasn't in the game yet), I pretty much was always beaten badly by the higher ranked players, yet I never got demoted out of the top league. And during 7.x, when a bunch of players without snipers playing against players with snipers was a massive issue, despite losing basically every match, they still found it hard to even try to get demoted on purpose to fight players that was easier to beat. So quite simply, this really isn't true at all

Ahem. *cough cough* my topic on Matchmaking: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1090

Return to “Release candidates”