Post#41 » 06 Oct 2017, 23:45

Fine, fine

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#42 » 07 Oct 2017, 00:14

Hi GFX,

I check the 10.3 with PENTIUM. And we see that the filters «is at X range from border» is available for enemy target.
Is it a begin for the target relative position or a no intended behaviour?

Also, can you see if you can do an automatic refresh system for pending matches (like the game does at his launch)?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#43 » 07 Oct 2017, 08:37

TheKidPunisher wrote:I check the 10.3 with PENTIUM. And we see that the filters «is at X range from border» is available for enemy target.
Is it a begin for the target relative position or a no intended behaviour?

Nope.
Why wouldn't it be available on enemies?

TheKidPunisher wrote:Also, can you see if you can do an automatic refresh system for pending matches (like the game does at his launch)?

It would be too heavy on the servers.
The match list already gets refreshed when you come back from a replay.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#44 » 07 Oct 2017, 10:35

GFX47 wrote:Nope.
Why wouldn't it be available on enemies?

No, no it is good. But it say that we will soon have filter of relative position (is a Xrange from ally, is at Xrange from enemy base, etc...)?

GFX47 wrote:It would be too heavy on the servers.
The match list already gets refreshed when you come back from a replay.

Seems to doesnt work... yesterday we had to clic on each tab 2 times to refresh match in each tab.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#45 » 07 Oct 2017, 10:40

TheKidPunisher wrote:it say that we will soon have filter of relative position (is a Xrange from ally, is at Xrange from enemy base, etc...)?

It?
If you're talking about targeting refactoring on the roadmap, I'm still not sure to do it.

TheKidPunisher wrote:Seems to doesnt work... yesterday we had to clic on each tab 2 times to refresh match in each tab.

Maybe just a bad timing?

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#46 » 07 Oct 2017, 11:02

GFX47 wrote:
TheKidPunisher wrote:it say that we will soon have filter of relative position (is a Xrange from ally, is at Xrange from enemy base, etc...)?

It?
If you're talking about targeting refactoring on the roadmap, I'm still not sure to do it.

Attack Any the ennemy is at short range from border is not a targeting refactoring?

TheKidPunisher wrote:Seems to doesnt work... yesterday we had to clic on each tab 2 times to refresh match in each tab.

Maybe just a bad timing?[/quote]

During all evening/night?
no «new» after a replay, then clic on a tab and see 3match pending, then reclic on the same tab and have the 3 match played with 3different opponent and the «new» just appeared...
Doesnt sound like bad timing (but maybe can happened sometimes)

And if i understand when you are editing AI, waiting some matches, and back to the main menu, no new appeared. You have to refresh «manually» all the tab?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#47 » 07 Oct 2017, 14:13

Athelinde wrote:
pier4r wrote:I propose once again: one huge league, dynamic "leagues" done with +/- a score. 400 points of difference maximum.

So 1900 vs 1500 can happen, and it is not totally meaningless. But 2200 vs 1500 cannot happen because that is meaningless.

To me this way of doing this makes a lot of sense.

The leagues were nice to mark a kind of mile stone in your development, but that has already mostly disappeared with the new leagues. It would be a compromise to do the match making according to the big/dynamic league idea, and have the leagues like we had until recently as a cosmetic thing, basically calling you in a certain league because your elo is in the correct range, but it not having any effect except the title thing, because it just feels more satisfying to say your in the diamond league, than to say 'I have an elo somewhere between 1400 and 1600'.

OK, you convinced me.
It was a mistake to regroup the leagues as I did, sorry about that.
I already patched the elo K factors earlier today.
I'll revert the leagues and change the matchmaking accordingly later today.
Thanks for your suggestions guys.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#48 » 07 Oct 2017, 15:19

Done!

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#49 » 07 Oct 2017, 15:37

And updated the wiki.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#50 » 07 Oct 2017, 16:36

Nice !
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#51 » 08 Oct 2017, 10:51

TheKidPunisher wrote:Like to see more guys in the same league as me, i will certainly start to play again and see for playing match against all these people (without waiting 1day between each match in ranked games)

Dommage...

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#52 » 08 Oct 2017, 11:53

are the "borders" now now large enough? +/- 400 is a span of 800 points. If you are not top or bottom, it should be enough players.

edit: you are not even playing, so you cannot know that it is changed.

Still, have not much expectations, with 280 players globally active in a week, many of those playing under 20 games in a week (me for example), there is little variety.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#53 » 08 Oct 2017, 14:34

Euh if i followed well this thread, you have cancelled this modification. But maybe i misunderstand.

And i think that now you know that until we will have much more player, i am for a global unique league. Anyway, i have a lot of restructuration to do in my AIs so i have the time until the next modification...

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#54 » 08 Oct 2017, 15:09

but there is a global unique league already. For my pov (of course biased) the matchmaking was never better as now.

The leagues are only cosmetics, you meet every player between +/- 400 points.

You have 1550 points now (inactive since a while), and you will play players from 1150 to 1950.

Nevertheless this does not help when the majority of players is little active. For example if players would play with your pace that you showed lately (I know you were frustrated a bit), there would be very little variation.

In other words, frustration is ensured when one has unrealistic expectations.

I am lucky on this because having already chris or DH is enough to feel the challenge. That I play a little (due to other interests) is another problem.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#55 » 08 Oct 2017, 15:42

So i misunderstand? We return to the previous league but keep the +/- 400 elo for matchmaking? Good, i will try to hurry up.to finish my modification to play again!

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#56 » 08 Oct 2017, 16:14

The leagues are there only to determine the kfactor (something that can be avoided imo, but it is also ok), the rest is a span of 800 points. Pretty neat.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#57 » 08 Oct 2017, 17:14

pier4r wrote:there is a global unique league already.
[...]
The leagues are only cosmetics, you meet every player between +/- 400 points.

That's it.
I'm contacting youtubers about the game so we may have some fresh meat to chew on soon...
Please be kind with them though ;)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#58 » 08 Oct 2017, 17:45

the elo will help them!

Aside from that, point them to wiki and forum (sections strategies/questions) where they can see useful stuff.

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#59 » 08 Oct 2017, 17:47

It seems some of them are already there ;)

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#60 » 08 Oct 2017, 18:35

GFX47 wrote:It seems some of them are already there ;)

Who? Where?
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Return to “Release candidates”