Alpha 10.3

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 557

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#61 » 10 Oct 2017, 15:35

What a pleasure to meet again various type of player (low and high elo) and not only the 4 actives guys in the same league...

And i think it is better for maintain your elo at your level,
I mean before when your level was at the bottom of a league you was kicked fast but return in this league fast too. Now as you can still play against a lot of your previous league you can maintain yourself in the same league (without having row of win and row of lose)

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 557

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#62 » 12 Oct 2017, 15:26

TheKidPunisher wrote:You are aware that no more bots will be destroyed by the border in the arena?


As is said, (ID: 796109 and 796158) no more bot will crash in the wall... So now, what is the interest of the wall?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 2768

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#63 » 12 Oct 2017, 17:24

newcomers, instead of you that play since a while, will have to discover that they could avoid to be destroyed by the wall.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 557

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#64 » 12 Oct 2017, 17:28

pier4r wrote:newcomers, instead of you that play since a while, will have to discover that they could avoid to be destroyed by the wall.


Yeah, do not flee when at short range from border is one of the most difficult thing to do...

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 118

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#65 » 12 Oct 2017, 17:45

Imo, not fleeing anymore when at short range of the wall is a double-edged sword.

What are the cases where you benefit?

Sometimes, in a 1v1 only, you can stall out, because the enemy would take damage when killing you. This comes only in effect when the enemy has bad retreating.

What are the neutral cases?

Same case as above, but instead the enemy has good retreating and just kills you (while taking a bit of damage). Lets note here that this little bit of damage does not matter once you have a numbers advantage

Another neutral case is you not being in a 1v1. Against multiple bots you might even die faster, because you stop at medium range. In a case where you retread you could retreat a few times back until you hit a wall. This is a 50/50.

What are the bad cases?

One bad case is a variant of the one above. You are in a 1v1 that you are winning, but you pull aggro from another bot and are forced to retreat. You happen to retreat to a close range wall and now you just die.

Same is if you are in a 1v1 and kite alongside the wall (its not behind you, but to your left or right side). In this case even though you are not even retreating into a wall, you would still stop and die.

Considering all these cases I didn't implement stopping at short range walls. There is pretty much only one case where stopping at short range walls would benefit you.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 557

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#66 » 12 Oct 2017, 18:25

sollniss wrote:What are the cases where you benefit?

Sometimes, in a 1v1 only, you can stall out, because the enemy would take damage when killing you. This comes only in effect when the enemy has bad retreating.

What are the neutral cases?

Same case as above, but instead the enemy has good retreating and just kills you (while taking a bit of damage). Lets note here that this little bit of damage does not matter once you have a numbers advantage


You are telling me that in 1v1, you are able to manage to kill a ennemy who stalls out without taking damage (the same amount or more)? i undersand why i'm not in top players...

I know that i have to adapt AI to all the modification of the game, but the satisfaction to push an enemy in the wall already misses me.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 2768

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#67 » 12 Oct 2017, 18:43

TheKidPunisher wrote:Yeah, do not flee when at short range from border is one of the most difficult thing to do...


you see too many times a problem (i.e: "people that don't play" ) from your viewpoint only. So, we can agree that we disagree.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

sollniss
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 118

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#68 » 12 Oct 2017, 18:49

TheKidPunisher wrote:You are telling me that in 1v1, you are able to manage to kill a ennemy who stalls out without taking damage (the same amount or more)? i undersand why i'm not in top players...


Of course lol. It just depends on the matchup. I mean a sniper beats anything at long range. I shoot you three times and you are dead. Same with MG at mid range, what are you gonna do against it?

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 557

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#69 » 12 Oct 2017, 18:59

sollniss wrote:Of course lol. It just depends on the matchup. I mean a sniper beats anything at long range. I shoot you three times and you are dead. Same with MG at mid range, what are you gonna do against it?


pier4r wrote:you see too many times a problem (i.e: "people that don't play" ) from your viewpoint only.


I did it again, forgot that i can play other class than assaults...

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 761

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#70 » 12 Oct 2017, 20:06

sollniss wrote:Imo, not fleeing anymore when at short range of the wall is a double-edged sword.

What are the cases where you benefit?
...
Considering all these cases I didn't implement stopping at short range walls. There is pretty much only one case where stopping at short range walls would benefit you.

Yeah, this is the maim reason I also refuse to use the wall filters. At best you might delay, and maaaaaaaaaybe might be able to push back, but usually you end up stopping pretty far from the wall, and you sometimes just die earlier. Wall filters are much more useful for the player winning.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 2768

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#71 » 13 Oct 2017, 09:21

A couple of times against DH I was able to push back. Simply because if one pushes me taking a lot of damage (while I take a little) then at the end it is risky to push more.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

User avatar
Revenge
Neural Network
Neural Network
Posts: 219
Contact:

Re: Alpha 10.3

Post#72 » 13 Oct 2017, 15:01

I wish everyone would stop posting on release candidates... I always get excited thinking there is a new patch. XD

Return to “Release candidates”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests