Just fought Wozza.

neoliminal
Algorithm
Algorithm

Just fought Wozza.

Post#1 » 15 Apr 2017, 19:00

I just went up against Wozza. I think I might have to quit playing . :lol:

His tactics are so well developed that he didn't lose a single bot and I was team tagging him. Just super well played and each type of bot was obviously optimized. Just painful. Have to figure out when he sleeps so I can avoid him. :oops:
[Target closest post where post is type Sniper.]

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Just fought Wozza.

Post#2 » 15 Apr 2017, 22:21

I don't think you lose a lot of elo if you play against him, so even if you lose it is fine.

on a side note, maybe "general discussion" would have been a more fitting section.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 15 Apr 2017, 22:26

neoliminal wrote:Have to figure out when he sleeps so I can avoid him. :oops:

It's a strategy. :D ;)
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

AltSk0P
Script
Script

Post#4 » 16 Apr 2017, 00:49

Do you have a replay number? Would love to see that.

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 16 Apr 2017, 01:16

AltSk0P wrote:Do you have a replay number? Would love to see that.

Should be this one: 550894
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

neoliminal
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#6 » 16 Apr 2017, 03:18

LuBeNo wrote:
AltSk0P wrote:Do you have a replay number? Would love to see that.

Should be this one: 550894

You had to remind me? ;)
There were two, but the real beat down was on Set your priorties. Losing on Split team was just normal.

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 16 Apr 2017, 08:06

neoliminal wrote:There were two, but the real beat down was on Set your priorties. Losing on Split team was just normal.

Then it is: 550897

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 16 Apr 2017, 08:30

I always draw against Wozza on Split Team. :ugeek:
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#9 » 16 Apr 2017, 08:57

neoliminal wrote:There were two, but the real beat down was on Set your priorties. Losing on Split team was just normal.

I just watched it, you didn't do bad. I just lost against wozza (1 ressource vs 0 Ressource)) on the same map, he is super sophisticated with his tactics.

What I saw in your match was, you didn't had a sniper. That's not too bad if your tactic is good, but against top 10 players it's a disadvantage. And you also tried to fight him long range. It's hard to push someone when staying at long range. Maybe one approach to improve is to work on your pushing tactic. You should think about when to move from long to medium.

Hope to match you soon :geek:

Captain Spock (Castlevania)
Automaton
Automaton

Post#10 » 16 Apr 2017, 14:21

pier4r wrote:I don't think you lose a lot of elo if you play against him, so even if you lose it is fine.

But I do. According to the new statistics, I lost almost 100 points already. :cry:

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#11 » 16 Apr 2017, 15:22

Because you are very high in the ladder. If you lose a bit of points and you go down to 1400, I ensure that you won't lose much points.

When you are near to your opponent in terms of score, the elo says "well, time to improve or to accept the loss".
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

neoliminal
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#12 » 16 Apr 2017, 17:59

I don't worry about points lost. Just super impressed with his tactics. He's conservative unless he senses an advantage, and then he is uber aggressive in exploiting it. Also, I noticed he has some kind of timer (my guess is a range trigger between two bots that start far apart) so that he gather resources later in the game if he's winning (the two bots won't be close enough to each other to trigger the gathering routine unless they have successfully split the opponent and eliminated at least one or two enemy bots.)

Very tricky. :idea:

Return to “Strategies”