Grand Master League Bot

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Grand Master League Bot

Post#1 » 29 Mar 2017, 23:10

I chose to reveal some of my strategies. I recently started over at my laptop (playername NoLuBe) and this simple bot below did get me to the Grand Master League place #50.

It has 4 modules: Defence, Shotgun, Offence, Dancing ;) .

It destroyed several enemy snipers, when I had no sniper at all. I surprisingly managed to defeat several really good players like kscode911 (1872 elo at the time) Replay ID 481800.

GML1.png
GML1.png (123.83 KiB) Viewed 4143 times

GML2.png
GML2.png (112.98 KiB) Viewed 4143 times

GML3.png
GML3.png (96.64 KiB) Viewed 4143 times
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Grand Master League Bot

Post#2 » 29 Mar 2017, 23:55

Just that taking down 1700+? Neat.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

ultral
Script
Script

Post#3 » 30 Mar 2017, 22:47

Thx a lot! Now I can test my bots again strong enemy without loosing points ranking. Your bot looks super small and elegant I wish my bot was as good as yours..

Inspired by your small bot I thought about new challenge. Create best AI that has not more than 100 (or whatever number) nodes.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 30 Mar 2017, 23:05

ultral wrote:Thx a lot! Now I can test my bots again strong enemy without loosing points ranking.

Those are not important because the ladder is endless and due to the score formula. If you have moments where you, say, "suck", you go down. As soon as you figure out the problem, you go up pretty quickly.

The score just returns "how strong one was in the last X (X depending on the k factor) matches" and it is pretty pointless to preserve because it depends on many factors.

- How much do you play (the ones that play a little do not generate enough games to show a stable score)
- against whom do you play.
- etc.

Example. In master league there are two players. One with 1350 points and 4 games in the last 7 days, and one with 1330 points and 150 games in the last 7 days. Whom do you think has earned the 1330 points while the other could have had a lucky row of opponents?

But anyway, I do think you will get this while playing more.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

neoliminal
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 31 Mar 2017, 02:57

That is a thing of beauty.
[Target closest post where post is type Sniper.]

Jeeves
Hello World
Hello World

Post#6 » 31 Mar 2017, 14:47

I love this kind of work simple and efficient. Like neoliminal said it's kind of beauty.

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 31 Mar 2017, 23:52

neoliminal wrote:That is a thing of beauty.

I don't like the attack node #6 is missing short and mid range filters as the other attack nodes #7 and #8 do although never needed. It is no bug but a design flaw. :o :D
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

Return to “Strategies”