Brainstorming a liitle about burst finishing problem :)

ultral
Script
Script

Brainstorming a liitle about burst finishing problem :)

Post#1 » 21 Mar 2017, 15:15

Hi,

watching some replays I have noticed that my machine gun bot (and assault bot for some extent) tend to shoot only part of the full burst and change target because the attacked bot has backed up a little.

I tried to fix it with code that tell bot to shoot enemy that is already being attacked by you. It turns out to be worse than original behavior.. ;).

Do you guys have some nice way to tell bots to finish burst before changing target?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Brainstorming a liitle about burst finishing problem :)

Post#2 » 21 Mar 2017, 15:53

No, afaik there is no way. One just assumes to let the opponent go out of range.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#3 » 21 Mar 2017, 23:42

On can only make assumptions :? like ... He's fleeing, looks like I make progress ... So keep shooting.

Question to all: which assumptions so you make to avoid disturbing during a burst?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 21 Mar 2017, 23:48

Ritter, nice question actually many nodes where spent there.

I reply but I want your extended reply too!

The particular cases are fixed after real world testing (career matches), otherwise I computed and observed through experience that:

- if there is an enemy long range with low shield, better to keep shooting with mg and sniper that have long times for aiming and shooting. Unless dangerous enemies are attacking/coming from medium range (see filters).

- shotgun and assaults are normally faster to switch targets, but still it is not bad to keep shooting. So normally if an enemy enters medium range they switch the target unless the enemy in medium range is half dead.

- In general, if one has a pushy behavior, even if the enemy does not take damage but is pushed away (the enemy bot retreats) it is a good result. Damage is not always the only good result. Moreover, aside from the sniper, bots pushed in long range are way less hurting.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#5 » 22 Mar 2017, 20:55

My main assumption is, that the enemy has a good reason to flee. So whenever someone is fleeing and one needs a new goal to aim at, they check if there is an easy target (low health and shield). If not, they start shooting at the fleeing guy.

Another assumption is, that you lose half a sniper bullet you kill someone with one shield and one health. Even an assault at longrange can do that job and if the enemy bot runs out of range ... He can't be pushy any more with no health. So nothing to worry about. I never aim enemys with my sniper to unhealthy

forReason
Script
Script

Post#6 » 22 May 2017, 12:55

of course there is a way ;) myself is at (low) grandmaster league.

when he comes in medium range, mark him
if marked enemy within close, med, long range -> attack closest marked enemy
if enemy = out of range unmark enemy

problem beeing that you wont deal much (barely any) damage at long range and enemy bots will shoot the crap outta you so it may not be worth with every class

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#7 » 22 May 2017, 16:02

that was the case in alpha 6.1.x , you will spend too much time marking/unmarking but well, you need to make the experience on your own.

Return to “Strategies”