Seven Wonders Challenge

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Seven Wonders Challenge

Post#1 » 13 Feb 2017, 18:38

Challenge for you guys:

No one has beaten my Seven Wonders AI in a very long time now in either of my accounts (NullPointer and T-800). I challenge you to find a way of beating it.

Bonus: can you beat this AI in Set Your Priorities too?

Hint: this AI is not built for Seven Wonders itself, so it doesn't know that exists 7 resources nor checks where enemy bases or ally bases are, can you use this in your favour?

Examples here:
http://gfx47.com/games/Gladiabots/Stats/player?name=T-800
http://gfx47.com/games/Gladiabots/Stats/player?name=NullPointer

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Seven Wonders Challenge

Post#2 » 14 Feb 2017, 18:14

Well I already beat your bonus challenge of SYP and drew against you on Seven Wonders, so whenever you want to lose this time on Seven Wonders, just set up the match

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 14 Feb 2017, 18:29

Gj, Grindmax also got a draw in 7W. We will play more matches there soon.

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#4 » 14 Feb 2017, 20:54

NP, quick question. Does your AI uses teamtagging? Cant understand from analysis. I have built AI witch does but looses to yours. Also have non teamtag set of AIs but those loose even more. I obviously miss something you understand better. I have now lot of fights with t800 so lot of material to learn from.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 15 Feb 2017, 00:00

I use teamtagging to focus fire sometimes, but it doesn't kick in too often, I could remove it without affecting the AI so much. Imo it's better first to make the AI work well without tagging to then add tagging on top of it for a few specific scenarios.

Other than that, try to compare your AI with others as much as you can. That's what I'm doing with this topic, I think my AI has a lot of room for improvements and Mcompany definitely helped me finding more ideas.
Last edited by NullPointer on 15 Feb 2017, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 15 Feb 2017, 00:08

My AIs actually never uses team tags, but they use the action filter ”allyAttacking” to make its focus fire effect

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#7 » 15 Feb 2017, 00:27

mcompany wrote:My AIs actually never uses team tags, but they use the action filter ”allyAttacking” to make its focus fire effect

And I'm slowly copying this idea, that has some quirks (case: if every bot is already attacking someone, there will be no focus if nodes like "isSelfAttacking" have more priority)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#8 » 15 Feb 2017, 04:02

Well I guess that could be a problem, but my AIs also are limited to attacks enemies in a certain order, so eventually they naturally end up all targeting the same enemy. I figure that it is better to do things that way than to have any bots losing ticks by setting tags to do the same job (especially since my AIs are generic)

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#9 » 15 Feb 2017, 08:56

Yes. And I have found that not always "keep shooting one you started to shoot" is good strategy. I noticed this when my MG was stuck on keep shooting slowly retreating other MG in long range while barely alive assault was passing my MG on mid-range...
I figured out that it's sometime beneficial to switch to closer and more damaged target rather than trying to reach escaping long-range target which has plenty of health still left.
Need to think about this too... but yes, proper ordering and prioritization of targets can get close to focus-fire effects.

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#10 » 15 Feb 2017, 09:00

@NP, when you say SevenWonders challenge - does the game provides possibility to challenge you selectively?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#11 » 15 Feb 2017, 09:28

@botique: not yet. Just keep spamming until you meet him.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#12 » 16 Feb 2017, 10:15

Looks like t-800 caught my seven wonders, havent made one yet but im on it, dunno its either grandmax, pps or the other guy.

Hasta la vista, baby!

:update,

Lol its grindmax that pend my seven wonders, was expecting t-800 cuz i made a specialized for him.

Even more update,
Official first match to t-800 in SW

The last time i checked his sniper is in the mg position XD gg.
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#13 » 16 Feb 2017, 23:19

Mattiacci got it, nice move against my SG: 298855

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#14 » 16 Feb 2017, 23:49

Nevermind, I deployed the wrong AI. My PC failed to sync my recently modified AI and my phone deployed many matches with an AI with 3 edges missing and my Sniper was practically a turret the whole match.

I already reported these failed data pushes to GFX in the console actually, they are happening for a while now.

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#15 » 17 Feb 2017, 10:36

Publish your AI for 7 wonders, will work on beating them :D

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#16 » 17 Feb 2017, 11:31

My AI for 7W is all my AIs, I only have 1 AI for all maps :lol:

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#17 » 17 Feb 2017, 14:48

Mr.null, if your setup is like this, any chances?

The last time i saw it was like that, you changed it?, made it purposely for ypur setup, and ofc for some copycats.

Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#18 » 17 Feb 2017, 15:15

I can't watch this replay right now, but if you're asking about the bot formation, I slightly change it once in a while out of curiosity.

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#19 » 20 Feb 2017, 08:45

NP, whatever... just publish it
*innocently stares into the sky*

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#20 » 20 Feb 2017, 12:17

haha ;)
If you get a draw or win, I'll post the skeleton of my AI (but not the implementation of the subtrees).

Return to “Strategies”