Noticed strange bahavior of shotgun

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Noticed strange bahavior of shotgun

Post#1 » 13 Feb 2017, 13:44

Everyone knows that shotgun is fastest when empty, and slowest when holding resource.
What I noticed yesterday (and was not able to reproduce later) interesting effect. Might be you have noticed it too, and might be it can be used as "cheat" or allowed "exploit"

Command "take resource" not always requires the bot to be exactly over the ball, it can be a bit "off" and ball "jumps" that small distance from where it is to the center of the bot.

The effect was that my shotgun was fleeing from enemy while holding the ball. Fleeing means it moves backwards... and some glitch of my programming caused the bot to drop the ball, move backward a bit and pick up the ball again from where it was moved. Effect was that bot was able to move WITH the ball faster than when it does purely holding. Bot used it's natural speed to move, but only one tick to grab the ball and drop it, and because of balls effect to "jump" small distance, it was moving ball faster.

LELEZ
Script
Script

Re: Noticed strange bahavior of shotgun

Post#2 » 13 Feb 2017, 14:35

Already talked in many posts i believe this one from TcT was the first
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=431

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 13 Feb 2017, 16:24

You and me both think this is an exploit, but GFX has not given his opinion about this yet, so it should be OK to use it.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 13 Feb 2017, 17:44

I think it is a glitch, but until it is not fixed, it is allowed. I won't use it though.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#5 » 13 Feb 2017, 18:29

Looks like "legal" glitch coz it requires significant coding. Price to pay... but we yet to see it actually exploited.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#6 » 13 Feb 2017, 23:44

I consider it as a bug.

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#7 » 14 Feb 2017, 20:49

Ookay... so better then not to build shotgun AI on this.

Return to “Strategies”