Any chances to detect meny bots?

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Any chances to detect meny bots?

Post#1 » 13 Feb 2017, 13:38

Hi,

Problem - when my shotgun approaches target in close-mid range, sometimes it get tangled into situation, when several bots from the same range all target the poor shotgun and he gets cucumber overload.

What I would like to do is to teach my shotgun approach only singular targets in close combat, and keep distance from the blobs of bots.

Is there some cheap clever way how to detect if I am approaching bot which has another bots nearby, or the one I am targeting and approaching is lonely wolf?

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: Any chances to detect meny bots?

Post#2 » 13 Feb 2017, 13:51

Several of my ideas was to play with "closest" and "furthermost" bots of one distance range. But then I can't compare if these are the same bots, and it can give false positives, if the bots are in opposite directions from me.

Something if closest ally of closest mid-range enemy is in medium range... then... :)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 13 Feb 2017, 17:42

In my shotgun I use "if they are shooting at me".

Shooting requires acquiring the target. Even if the shotgun is medium range, say 4 meters from the enemy that is suddenly shooting at you, the best case is that they require 1 second to shoot. In most of the cases 1 second is enough for the shotgun to retreat at a speed of 2.5 m/s (if I'm not mistaken, see bot stats thread).

This means that when they shoot the shotgun is 6.5 meters away, still medium range.
Another shoot: 9 meters away, already long range, except the sniper, many bots do not deal much damage at this distance.

Just you have to collect a lot of path to determine when it is useful to retreat.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#4 » 13 Feb 2017, 18:27

That is one bot. But if its 2 assaults and machinegun or any 3 bots... you are toast.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 13 Feb 2017, 18:38

of course but you can expand as long as the retreating subtree does not explode.

example:
- if enemy medium range, mg, shooting at me, then retreat
- if enemy assault shooting at me medium range and enemy long range shooting at me (no sg) retreat

etc..

You have to work out the combinations as soon as you encounter them. I normally fix every time a new combination appears, otherwise coding all of them at once is too boring, I prefer to lose 15/20 points every time.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#6 » 13 Feb 2017, 19:08

Nice. You gave me good idea. Will try to tinker. Shotgun is my most complex bot...

Return to “Strategies”