Successful tactics AGAINST snipers

sethcohn
Automaton
Automaton

Successful tactics AGAINST snipers

Post#1 » 29 Jan 2017, 02:36

Seems like a huge crowd of folks hate snipers.

While the 'tactics for snipers' post has a bunch of stuff you can reverse (if sniper tactics are stay long, then clearly the antisniper tactic is get up close...), this thread is to discuss specific anti-sniper methods, especially for Level 3-4-5 folks, who are losing to sniper-led teams.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Successful tactics AGAINST snipers

Post#2 » 29 Jan 2017, 03:09

sethcohn wrote:(if sniper tactics are stay long, then clearly the antisniper tactic is get up close...)

Do this unless the enemy has too many guards protecting it. If it does have a lot of gaurds, do the opposite of this

sethcohn
Automaton
Automaton

Post#3 » 29 Jan 2017, 05:21

So now that I have a sniper to play with, I start to see the limitations (and thus how to attack it better...). Despite fighting against them, and reading the specs, it took hands on with writing for (and against) the bot, to really understand it.

This is one solid argument for giving all users access to all classes in Test Arena, so they can practice against all bots, even those they can't deploy yet.

sethcohn
Automaton
Automaton

Post#4 » 29 Jan 2017, 05:29

Snipers tend to require guards. Undefended snipers, while still deadly to those who aren't aggressive, are very vulnerable to attacks by multiple (2+) assault bots attacking together, or even single bots like Shotguns (short range will kill, medium range attacks will likely cause a retreat if not kill) or Machine Gun (Medium Range will kill)...

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 29 Jan 2017, 08:14

Whyyyyyyyyyy did yoh expose such confidential matter :cry:.

*hibernates in the lab again
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#6 » 29 Jan 2017, 11:18

sethcohn wrote:So now that I have a sniper to play with, I start to see the limitations (and thus how to attack it better...). Despite fighting against them, and reading the specs, it took hands on with writing for (and against) the bot, to really understand it.

This is one solid argument for giving all users access to all classes in Test Arena, so they can practice against all bots, even those they can't deploy yet.

+1
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#7 » 29 Jan 2017, 11:20

Anyway a tactic could be, thanks to alpha 7 filters:

If shotgun is healthy and no one is looking (that's the hard part to code), push against sniper, obliterate it.

Losing a shotgun agains a sniper is doable. It is like losing a knight/bishop to take away a rook in chess. The sniper is not really a queen since the queen defends herself quite good.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Botique
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#8 » 29 Jan 2017, 15:28

When I was handicapped I installed routine simply flee from sniper if it is attacking. Fights were very hard but lot of times this throw sniper aim off. At the end of the day snipee can snipe only one guy at a time.
Now when I test my nes AI against my this tactics I see how effective and annoying.

neoliminal
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#9 » 08 Mar 2017, 10:40

Sniper needs support to be successful, otherwise you can press it and push it into the wall by bum rushing it.

So:

1. If Sniper is alone, rush in and attack with at least two bots. One can work if the sniper is not focused on it. Get close and start doing damage.

2. If Sniper is guarded, either counter snipe or take out guards and see #1.
[Target closest post where post is type Sniper.]

Return to “Strategies”