Do you fast forward entire matches? If yes how do you know that you should watch them slowly?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Do you fast forward entire matches? If yes how do you know that you should watch them slowly?

Post#1 » 24 Jan 2017, 22:37

As the title said. I normally fast forward all matches and I rewatch them slowly if:

- I lose for obvious reason. (not if I lose by a tactic that is effective but I do not want to counter, like my first 2 weeks of alpha 6.13. with set your priorities played like starving)
- one or more of my bot got destroyed.
- one or more of my bots survived with very low health although winning.
- a resource that should have been more contested was snatched by the enemy too easily.
- I got pushed too much .

Obviously this means that I may overlook over and over (until it costs me a lot) few bugs there and there. Like my shotgun for tens of matches took and release the resource instead of bringing it home. But was too quick for me to see.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Do you fast forward entire matches? If yes how do you know that you should watch them slowly?

Post#2 » 25 Jan 2017, 03:29

I fast forwards every match unless
  • A bot dies in a non obvious way that isn't already known about (although this bot's death must have contributed to my loss)
  • A solution to a known problem seems to show itself in that match and I want to analyze it
  • I want to gloat to myself

Rynok
Hello World
Hello World

Re: Do you fast forward entire matches? If yes how do you know that you should watch them slowly?

Post#3 » 30 Jan 2017, 04:41

I fast forward all matches but go back to watch in more detail only if something unexpected happened.
1) I beat someone significantly higher ranked then myself
2) I lost to someone significantly lower ranked then myself
3) I lost more bots then normal for the given map
4) The match went on past the 3 minute mark

Return to “Strategies”