Help with tagging issue

theetopcat
Hello World
Hello World

Help with tagging issue

Post#1 » 31 Dec 2016, 18:28

Hello. im trying to make a tagging program that tags the resources each with their own tag. but im having an issue where when trying to tag more than 2, the tag program will add a tag to a resource that already has an existing tag.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Help with tagging issue

Post#2 » 31 Dec 2016, 18:49

What are trying to achieve?

For example when you tag with C the resource, you have only a "nottag[unreadable]" so maybe a resource with A or B gets tagged.

See also:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=248&view=unread#unread

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126&view=unread#unread

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236&p=2468#p2465

edit: the pictures are changed, one second I re read them

edit2: yes the problem is the same I had and others (see links above). Conditions between tags is "OR".

So the program says: if a resource has has not the tag A OR has not the tag B OR [...] then tag it with the given tag.

another link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=243&view=unread#unread
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

theetopcat
Hello World
Hello World

Post#3 » 31 Dec 2016, 19:06

ya, i noticed the same OR problem, im trying to figure out how to force target a unmarked resource and mark said AI with a new tag, but from your last post is probably impossible for now. Thats a shame. was hoping to make an AI that runs different programs depending on how many resources were on the map. so the AI kinda new what map it was on and what it needs to do to win.

theetopcat
Hello World
Hello World

Post#4 » 31 Dec 2016, 19:24

pier4r wrote:yes the problem is the same I had and others (see links above). Conditions between tags is "OR"

So the program says: if a resource has has not the tag A OR has not the tag B OR [...] then tag it with the given tag.

I actually found a rough reach around. found a way to mark them all using strict actions.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 31 Dec 2016, 19:33

Hmm, interesting, how?

A quick idea is: I would do it with closest + check on tag. But you put d in the center that is interesting.

This shows me how much optimization can be done and how little I do (especially on seven wonders/set your priorities).
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

theetopcat
Hello World
Hello World

Post#6 » 31 Dec 2016, 20:03

The only reason they are tag the way they are is because of what arguments i put where, im sure i could put any tag on any resource.

D only worked because i chose the middle bot to put the program on.
his distances from the resources make it so D is the furthest resource away in Mid range. E & C happen to be long range.

the only problem is it is a per map basis, wont ever be a universal program.

Edit: E actually doesn't need the extra arguments for the tags. was just to lazy to take them off. it only needs the long range argument.

kjr
Script
Script

Post#7 » 04 Jan 2017, 05:14

This can be done, you just need to use an additional temporary bot tag on each resource as you label them. Then your logic can team tag the next un-bottagged target.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#8 » 04 Jan 2017, 09:04

kjr wrote:temporary bot tag on each resource as you label them. Then your logic can team tag the next un-bottagged target.

Nice idea, simple and effective. Thx

kjr
Script
Script

Post#9 » 04 Jan 2017, 10:03

Yeah...debated letting you guys know about this, I have enough trouble beating you as it is, lol.... however, it seems a fix is in the works for a future update, so might as well fill you all in on the workaround!

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#10 » 04 Jan 2017, 14:15

Thanks for sharing

Return to “Strategies”