Need help with pushing

Gooru
Hello World
Hello World

Need help with pushing

Post#1 » 29 Sep 2018, 20:38

I´m stuck on the step to platin league. I usually beat gold easily but a win on platin is like a miracle.

Problem is, that i can´t figure out how to win the pushing duell.
I loose 4 vs 3 fights while the fourth enemy bot scores like hell, my retreat module is over 30 nodes, the attack module over 20.
I have no idea how to optimize it further.

Are there any "simple rules" or hints how to push?

[edit]I also can not win chapter 5 level 2[/edit]

VNavigator
Hello World
Hello World

Re: Need help with pushing

Post#2 » 01 Oct 2018, 00:17

It's quite hard to tell without knowing some more. Maybe you could post a few replay IDs to watch?
I also had some serious problems with pushing on the edge between of gold and platinum. Have you seen AIs from wiki page https://wiki.gladiabots.com/index.php?title=Strategies?
What helped me, was the right order of actions, which base I inspired from "Ultimate AI for beginners" but with stronger attacking.

Jeffrey Harpen
Automaton
Automaton

Post#3 » 01 Oct 2018, 17:41

Gooru wrote:Are there any "simple rules" or hints how to push?

1. Retreat only if you're sure you are in danger.
2. Do not retreat if your enemy is in greater danger than you.
3. Focus fire on weak enemies.
4. Do not approach enemy if your allies are running away. Just wait for them and push together.

Gooru
Hello World
Hello World

Post#4 » 01 Oct 2018, 18:06

1. Done.
2. Hmmm.... this is really complicated to tell if multiple bots are involved. No idea.
3. Changed sniper to finish weak enemies instead of continuing fire and now i´m winning :-)
4. But if Bot1 is feeing under fire the others can push to take ground and force the enemy to switch fire saving Bot1

Jeffrey Harpen
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 01 Oct 2018, 18:47

Gooru wrote:4. But if Bot1 is feeing under fire the others can push to take ground and force the enemy to switch fire saving Bot1
... and put your other bots in danger. Remember that if one of your bots is fleeing, the rest of the team is also weaker.

KiNASuki
Hello World
Hello World

Post#6 » 04 Oct 2018, 09:41

If shield high >
If hp high >
If enemy not attacking me >
if enemy in range <3 >
if ally in short range not retreating >
move toward nearest enemy

:o

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#7 » 04 Oct 2018, 14:42

Gooru wrote:3. Changed sniper to finish weak enemies instead of continuing fire and now i´m winning :-)

I do it vice versa. I use the sniper to destroy the shield and let the assaults damage the health while he's retreating.

There are two reasons why I do it so:

1st, I try to prevent that I aim for no effect with my sniper for obvious reasons. My assaults are faster with aiming and more granular in terms of effect.

2nd, the enemy will flee in various situations when sniper is winning at him, even with 100% shield. Example given, your SG is in a mid-range dogfight with his assault or SG. He's at 100% shield. Your sniper switches target to the enemy in the dogfight and he will flee for sure or get damaged seriously. So even without firing you push.

There is one other essential thing with pushing. There are many situations where is better to push, them to keep shooting at long range. You've to identify these situations and implemented the push at these situations.

You can send me a private match them I can explain when my bots push and why they do so.

So, hope to see you soon in GM and happy coding.

Return to “Strategies”