Rock-Paper-Scissors on SYP

Christian
Algorithm
Algorithm

Rock-Paper-Scissors on SYP

Post#1 » 13 Dec 2016, 17:50

It is not bot wise but regarding strategy. There are three major strategies on that map:

- rush for resources
- mid range fight
- long range fight

They relate to each other like: long range fight > mid range fight > rush for resources > long range fight.

Finding a working middleground will be very hard I guess, so mostly it will depend on luck. :?

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Rock-Paper-Scissors on SYP

Post#2 » 13 Dec 2016, 18:03

Not sure about it, I play mid range and haven't lost a match in Set Your Priorities so far, maybe I luckily found this middleground on my first try.
I could find other middle range strategies that can beat mine, but I can't beat it rushing or with long range in any way I tried so far.

I have a feeling this happens in Mind Game with 3 different combinations of AIs I tried, but it's still a working in progress, it's the most complex map in my opinion.

Christian
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#3 » 13 Dec 2016, 18:16

I am very curios about mind game. Since my last fix of the ai's I haven't been beaten there.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 13 Dec 2016, 18:33

Can't wait for private matches. I have no idea when our AIs will find each other in a specific map, chances are slim.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 13 Dec 2016, 18:40

I'm not sure there is a rock paper scissors on Set Your Priorities, or at least I haven't noticed anything yet. Mind Game definitely is becoming worrisome but it might be my current lack of optimization that I'm finally going to start working on. Split Team however, I'm almost sure there is a rock paper scissors on where you decide to start your special classes

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Post#6 » 13 Dec 2016, 18:58

Chances are slim that we find you on any map nullpointer, heh.

Why don't you just throw up 10 games every once in a while and give us a chance to break down your reign at the top? I think I've played you twice since alpha 5 and got a loss and a draw. I would very much like to try again sometime.

NullPointer
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 13 Dec 2016, 19:41

You guys play too much, I was happy I could deploy ~80 matches this weekend.

I think we played 4 or 5 matches actually.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 13 Dec 2016, 20:59

NullPointer wrote:Can't wait for private matches. I have no idea when our AIs will find each other in a specific map, chances are slim.

You have to throw a bit more challenges to be challenged. I almost have more posts here than you games in gladiabots. But I can understand if you are able to play only 20 minutes per week. (that would not match with having 20 AIs though)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#9 » 13 Dec 2016, 21:01

MGBlitz81 wrote:Chances are slim that we find you on any map nullpointer, heh.

Why don't you just throw up 10 games every once in a while and give us a chance to break down your reign at the top? I think I've played you twice since alpha 5 and got a loss and a draw. I would very much like to try again sometime.

I met him between 10 and 20 times. I would say I won once.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#10 » 13 Dec 2016, 21:07

Christian wrote:I am very curios about mind game. Since my last fix of the ai's I haven't been beaten there.

I met you at this map (and I lost). I watched the match over and over again and I'm not able to re-engineer your AI. Well done and for me ... unbeatable :cry:

Johnbob
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#11 » 13 Dec 2016, 21:32

I couldn't resist to the urge of coming back to the game so I did a few tests (and went back in the 1500 points). I have to say that 'set your priorities' is one of the map where I'm still searching the 'dna' of my decision trees. I chose long range fight but I lose too much. 'Mind game' is ok, let's fight asap in private match.

Globaly on the update: it looks easier than before, I will use fewer decision trees. And more important (to GFX at least): they all inherit a unique AI. See you on the battlefield :)

Christian
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#12 » 13 Dec 2016, 22:59

Ritter Runkel wrote:
Christian wrote:I am very curios about mind game. Since my last fix of the ai's I haven't been beaten there.

I met you at this map (and I lost). I watched the match over and over again and I'm not able to re-engineer your AI. Well done and for me ... unbeatable :cry:

I don't know. To be honest I don't think my ai is very advanced. I guess it is just a matter of bots on this map. It is a full front assault without the possibility for a retreat because the bots start to close to each other to do it without taking hefty damage. At least the front bot won't have a real chance of escape. So using anything other than sg and mg won't have enough stamina to win the fight in my opinion.

Nonetheless many people set up a sniper with horrible shields and health who is in medium range of one enemy and just outside of medium range of another at the beginning. If I win those matches I don't account it to my ai but rather to the choice of bots.

Edit: You nearly beat me just seconds after writing this. :lol:

Johnbob
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#13 » 13 Dec 2016, 23:18

I just lost to you on MG. I watched the replay several times and our strategies were the same but your sg was a little faster to shoot so I think I need to simplify one or two nodes to go for a draw (and then think of something to win).

For king maker, seven wonders and set your priorities I definitely need to give up long range fight ! It's worthless, I'll rewrite from scratch :geek:

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#14 » 13 Dec 2016, 23:20

I'm just working on mind map :roll:

Your SG is not only front assaulting :ugeek: Your SG starts to shot a glimpse of a second earlier and there are absolute no outer conditions to let him stop at the place where you let him stop. First I thought it is a failure in the game but I'm sure there is some special condition to figure out.

Nevermind the lost points ... epic match!!!

Christian
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#15 » 13 Dec 2016, 23:25

Johnbob wrote:I just lost to you on MG. I watched the replay several times and our strategies were the same but your sg was a little faster to shoot so I think I need to simplify one or two nodes to go for a draw (and then think of something to win).

Now I rewatched it too. I guess I know the reason why my shotgun shot first. But be assured that this was not planned by me in advance. :o

Johnbob
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#16 » 13 Dec 2016, 23:28

It's ok, the design is better anyway :-) I look forward finding about it.

Christian
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#17 » 14 Dec 2016, 12:27

My AI got beaten this morning. And like usual, the most succesful ai's/strategies get defeated by players about 450 points below my elo trying something for me drastically new. :lol:

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#18 » 15 Dec 2016, 13:50

Christian wrote:My AI got beaten this morning. And like usual, the most succesful ai's/strategies get defeated by players about 450 points below my elo trying something for me drastically new. :lol:

Yep, that moment when your designed for top tier brutal brawl but newer players.. Newer pla.. Sigh.
Screenshot_2016-12-15-21-22-09.png
Screenshot_2016-12-15-21-22-09.png (129.08 KiB) Viewed 2087 times

Screenshot_2016-12-15-21-22-20.png
Screenshot_2016-12-15-21-22-20.png (126.61 KiB) Viewed 2088 times

Guess where did i lo, Sigh.
Moawr!
Screenshot_2016-12-15-21-26-51.png
Screenshot_2016-12-15-21-26-51.png (125.11 KiB) Viewed 2087 times

Return to “Strategies”