1vs1, assault Vs machine gun or short gun

collot999
Script
Script

1vs1, assault Vs machine gun or short gun

Post#1 » 17 Jan 2018, 00:56

Hello, I have an AI which controls only the assault bots, it's already quite complex and I already tested it in multiplayer, the think is, in case of 1 vs 1, if I have to defeat an enemy machine guner.... Well, still don't know very well, and if I have to defeat a enemy short gunner, I think I have to start shooting at it as soon he is in range, no?

PD: My AI already have over 140 nodes, that can cause problems or I don't have to care?

Jeffrey Harpen
Algorithm
Algorithm

Re: 1vs1, assault Vs machine gun or short gun

Post#2 » 17 Jan 2018, 18:48

Depends on the enemy's AI.
If the enemy is faint-hearted, you could try let the bot come closer and then start shooting. This way it will be longer in your range and get more damage. On the other hand if the enemy appears to be brave and close to you, you'll probably get hurt.
Another way is to shoot immediately and push. This way you can get rid of stronger enemy by pushing it out of the map, even with full health. This should be good for both relatively brave enemy and a chicken.
However I haven't tried any of these tactics much yet, I'm just thinking aloud.

And size doesn't matter. ;) At least as long as you can understand what your AI is really doing and why.

collot999
Script
Script

Re: 1vs1, assault Vs machine gun or short gun

Post#3 » 17 Jan 2018, 19:35

Ty, I think in the case of push won't work, because is too easy add a way to don't retreat more if you are closer to a wall

Well, I have to think about thish caind of situations, because I'm challenging my self to do an AI who, with only assault bots, be manage to defeat a enemy with machine guns, sniper, etc

Return to “Strategies”