Attacked by an ally, but exclude sniper?

Jax Raffnix
Hello World
Hello World

Attacked by an ally, but exclude sniper?

Post#1 » 14 Jan 2018, 18:26

Hey guys,
after reading this forum quite a bit, I finally decided to ask my first question:

TL;DR: Is / will be there any way to define particular parameters for the filter " attacked by an ally" ?

The idea is, that my Assault only attacks under certain conditions. For example:
If an enemy in range is attacked by an ally: attack him; else: keep moving.

This section is very useful for me. I can hunt down fleeing/unsuspecting enemies without stopping at mid range, and keep walking until there is no escape for my target.

But if I deploy my sniper, this system doesn't work anymore. Thats's because my sniper attacks anything in range, no matter the circumstances. So the Assault will attack the enemy attacked by my sniper, and stop moving towards the target.

I wasn't able to find a solution, so that my Assaulter would attack an enemy attacked by an ally Assaulter/MG, but not by an ally sniper.

To finally ask the question, do you know an easy way to make the following attak node:
(1) attack weakest shield enemy
(2) at short or medium or long range
(3) and attacked by an ally
(4) but do not consider ally sniper for (3).

I will post a replay ID, if I can find a match supporting my message.

_Jax_

Jax Raffnix
Hello World
Hello World

Re: Attacked by an ally, but exclude sniper?

Post#2 » 14 Jan 2018, 18:36

EDIT:
845533 only assault bots
at 4:51, you can see my bots pushing forward, as no one is currently attacking (and then get destroyed brutally, but that's not the point here ^^ )

845541 assault bots & 1 sniper
because my sniper is always attacking, my bots aren't pushing, but rather shot the weakest enemy in range attacked from my sniper

Jeffrey Harpen
Automaton
Automaton

Post#3 » 14 Jan 2018, 19:53

Try team tags. I mean your sniper could mark the enemy he want to attack with i.e. "E" team tag and your assaults should attack only non-team-tagged enemies. Of course your sniper should also untag the enemies when he stops attacking, so it's a bit more difficult, but definitely it can be done - I did it once.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 15 Jan 2018, 07:01

Currently, it is impossible to do what you describe without using team tags as Jeffrey describes. The only problem imo is just the nature of using tags in general with anything that involves untagging something, as you need to be very careful to not tag too often

Jax Raffnix
Hello World
Hello World

Post#5 » 15 Jan 2018, 19:59

Jeffrey Harpen wrote:Try team tags. I mean your sniper could mark the enemy he want to attack with i.e. "E" team tag and your assaults should attack only non-team-tagged enemies. Of course your sniper should also untag the enemies when he stops attacking, so it's a bit more difficult, but definitely it can be done - I did it once.

Good idea, thank you very much!
Because i don't think tagging is very effective, I didn't thought about it.

Sadly, I'm left with a minor issue:
The "team tagged" filter doesn't allow

Code: Select all

or
conditions, only

Code: Select all

and
conditions.
For example, "enemy not team tagged A or team tagged B doesn't exist.

Probably, I should go to the thread request and ask for and "or" conditions in the team-tag-filter.

Thanks,
_Jax_

Return to “Strategies”