Map Aware AI?

JustYourAverageHuman
Hello World
Hello World

Map Aware AI?

Post#1 » 23 Sep 2017, 18:49

Has anyone ever used tags to count the total number of resources and/or enemy bots in order to determine the map that the AI is playing on? It would be a lot of work for possibly minimal changes, but it might pay off.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Re: Map Aware AI?

Post#2 » 23 Sep 2017, 19:11

JustYourAverageHuman wrote:Has anyone ever used tags to count the total number of resources and/or enemy bots in order to determine the map that the AI is playing on? It would be a lot of work for possibly minimal changes, but it might pay off.

I read at the telegram group that people did that. But imho it's not worth the time. You could use map specific decorators for the first seconds before you with to the generic AI. That's what all top 20 people do

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#3 » 23 Sep 2017, 19:40

JustYourAverageHuman wrote:Has anyone ever used tags to count the total number of resources and/or enemy bots in order to determine the map that the AI is playing on? It would be a lot of work for possibly minimal changes, but it might pay off.

I know people considered it, but I doubt anyone would have actually legitimately done it. Plus, as Ritter said, it is certainly not at all worth it and would probably get you into more problems than it would save

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 23 Sep 2017, 20:27

Ritter Runkel wrote:

I read at the telegram group that people did that. But imho it's not worth the time. You could use map specific decorators for the first seconds before you with to the generic AI. That's what all top 20 people do

I did it.

mcompany wrote:

I know people considered it, but I doubt anyone would have actually legitimately done it. Plus, as Ritter said, it is certainly not at all worth it and would probably get you into more problems than it would save

I could do it.

I can count up to 5 entities. So I could, if I worked at it, detect Map.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#5 » 23 Sep 2017, 20:27

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 23 Sep 2017, 20:39

There is a difference between counting resources and detecting maps

Furthermore, even if did do it, I'd be willing to bet money that it wouldn't pay off

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#7 » 23 Sep 2017, 20:53

Ritter Runkel wrote: That's what all top 20 people do

I look at my rank, and nope i dont detect maps. Pentium neither as far as i know

But i do count enemies and resources to see if i got advantage of number and go search the middle resource if the enemy try to get it (or if i'am late in securing resource --> i'm trying to do that actually)

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#8 » 23 Sep 2017, 21:22

TheKidPunisher wrote:
Ritter Runkel wrote: That's what all top 20 people do

I look at my rank, and nope i dont detect maps. Pentium neither as far as i know

But i do count enemies and resources to see if i got advantage of number and go search the middle resource if the enemy try to get it (or if i'am late in securing resource --> i'm trying to do that actually)

Neither did I and I've been top 20 and have been fully generic since 5.3 (and maybe fully generic with pushbot in 5.2)

WildLynx
Hello World
Hello World

Post#9 » 24 Sep 2017, 04:52

JustYourAverageHuman wrote:Has anyone ever used tags to count the total number of resources and/or enemy bots in order to determine the map that the AI is playing on?
I count bases to detect MP.
https://stats.gladiabots.com/player?name=WildLynx

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#10 » 24 Sep 2017, 05:00

I've been in Top 20, (11th to be precise), and I've never detected Maps.

Jeffrey Harpen
Automaton
Automaton

Post#11 » 24 Sep 2017, 11:04

I don't count anything to detect maps. I just see the map and choose the proper AI. ;)

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#12 » 24 Sep 2017, 12:07

Jeffrey Harpen wrote:I don't count anything to detect maps. I just see the map and choose the proper AI. ;)

Most effective way to detect Map. ;)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#13 » 24 Sep 2017, 13:13

Jeffrey Harpen wrote:I don't count anything to detect maps. I just see the map and choose the proper AI. ;)

Indeed, I wonder why is that even a question.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#14 » 24 Sep 2017, 14:58

Now with 10.2 we can easily detect Maps, though I don't see utility.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#15 » 07 May 2018, 09:45

Well, idea of tagging map by id from predefined list is actually great. Selection of starting strategy for shotgun and assault is crucial, and you can switch border flee method, choose which resource put to which base etc. And of course, I'm too lazy to switch Main AI for all my bots before each match. So I'll probably go for it.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#16 » 07 May 2018, 10:08

Know what? I would go even further and detect top opposite players by their playing style.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#17 » 07 May 2018, 12:09

So I am not sure if it is possible, but in any case if it is possible and working, kudos because it will be a lot of work.

On the other side, I expect that your AI is getting larger and larger and it will end up requiring more time than the AI of chris to execute. Not something I like to end up with.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Meka_streisand
Hello World
Hello World

Post#18 » 24 Aug 2018, 23:34

Hello everyone.

I have to admit that since I'm reading this forum this post is buzzing my head.
How come is it possible to know on witch map we are... and how this could be applied in my AI.

So I've been working on something to try to figure out what people were talking about.
And I've come up with an idea i wanted to share with you. (To know if i'm doing it wrong, and maybe help some others in their quest of bot awareness)

I come to be struggling on some maps on the Campaign mode, I'm now at Chapter 5, but the previous Chapter was king of tough for me and i had to rethink a lot my AI so my strategy would be to catch resources as fast as i can and not just be pushing my opponents.

Here is the Map I've been using for my experiment (Chap4 Lvl5):

And here is the super code I've made, please don't judge too hard its my first attempt with tag (except from the tuto obv) :

So it's using self tag to tag closest to an Ally base and to team tag the closest to an Enemy base the resource on the map . then we come with the following tagging:

After a quick check the combination of the two is quite unique in the game and for this map gives us some information like C1 and B5 as interesting resources to catch but that E2 is even more (the closest to an ally base and the closest to an enemy base at the same time on the side of the opponent). Trying to steal that resources first with your shotgun before he join the battle or go for C1 or B5 witch are easy and safe could be the key to win this map etc ....

Edit: Oups :oops: sorry for that lame lame post, the code for counting things is already there.
Last edited by Meka_streisand on 31 Aug 2018, 02:02, edited 2 times in total.

Draloric
Hello World
Hello World

Post#19 » 27 Aug 2018, 07:32

Kanishka wrote:https://twitter.com/TechnoKid360/status/911280771700187136

Yes, you can count to five. But can you count any higher? Well, firstly you could use the individual tags to count up to 10, but could you use the letters as binary digits to count as well? eg. A = 1, B = 2, AB = 3, C = 4, AC = 5, BC = 6, ABC = 7, etc.

ElvenMonk
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#20 » 27 Aug 2018, 09:29

Return to “Strategies”