Tagging to target different resources

SwampRatUK
Hello World
Hello World

Tagging to target different resources

Post#1 » 06 Oct 2018, 21:58

What ways do you use to avoid multiple bots chasing the same resource?

My attempts at sorting it by tagging haven't gone well (everyone tagged the resource at the same time) and looking for a resource that no one else is moving to seems to end in constant switching of targets.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Tagging to target different resources

Post#2 » 06 Oct 2018, 23:09

let only one bot tag resources (say, an assault, or a bot you always have in your team). The first A, the second B and so on.

Then each bot can be defined to go for A or B or C according to its class or other identifiers.

A nice idea that can help is: in sandbox, try to develop an ai that only collect resources as fast as possible (with the enemy team made out of idle AIs)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Jeffrey Harpen
Automaton
Automaton

Post#3 » 06 Oct 2018, 23:27

SwampRatUK wrote:What ways do you use to avoid multiple bots chasing the same resource?

None. I find it useful when bots help one another carry the resource to the base.

Gooru
Hello World
Hello World

Post#4 » 07 Oct 2018, 11:08

I have the shotgun collect far away res close to a base, as it moves fast as long a not carrying
The MG gets the res that has no base nearby, as it moves fast after collecting.
This way there are "natural" priorities and they don´t interfere much.

FranchuFranchu
Hello World
Hello World

Post#5 » 11 Oct 2018, 02:18

What I do is team tag the resource I am looking for, and before chasing a resource I check if it is not tagged
if not ok then die end

Return to “Strategies”