Page 2 of 2

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 18:55
by pier4r
All my juicy points....

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 19:50
by 0x1de
I couldn't decide, so I didn't vote. Mind game is a pain though.

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 26 Jul 2017, 16:55
by Captain Spock (Castlevania)
So, how many maps will be removed? How many new maps will be added?

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 26 Jul 2017, 17:12
by TheKidPunisher
1 map (mind game for the moment) will be replaced by 1 map in the contest (actually dominance)

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 27 Jul 2017, 16:41
by Ein Stein
OMG if Mind Game is to be removed then all my effort becomes nothing. In fact, I've spent a lot of time making and refining an AI called "Ace MindGame atker". :(

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 27 Jul 2017, 19:44
by Ritter Runkel
Ein Stein wrote:OMG if Mind Game is to be removed then all my effort becomes nothing. In fact, I've spent a lot of time making and refining an AI called "Ace MindGame atker". :(


And you can't believe how happy I am to never ever meet Ace mindgame atker again

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 27 Jul 2017, 22:59
by pier4r
I am still of the idea that the multiplaye rshould have 4 maps, rotated every 4-6 weeks

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 28 Jul 2017, 00:26
by harthag
pier4r wrote:I am still of the idea that the multiplaye rshould have 4 maps, rotated every 4-6 weeks

I'm still confused why gfx wants to keep 8 maps instead of just keeping all maps that he does not consider "broken" ... more variety has always been something I believe would make this game better. A consistent rotation would be a step in the right direction

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 28 Jul 2017, 00:55
by pier4r
for new players keeping ais for all match (many will believe it is better to iptimize from the start) is overwhelming. Also, for tournaments is not exactly the best.

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 28 Jul 2017, 14:26
by Ritter Runkel
pier4r wrote:for new players keeping ais for all match (many will believe it is better to iptimize from the start) is overwhelming. Also, for tournaments is not exactly the best.


+1

When I started I did that too and the work at the AI for every change in the game mechanics was multiplied to the amount of maps. That was overwhelming in a negative way.

And many ppl like to optimize for one or two maps they like. If they don't see that map often, they could quit the game

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 28 Jul 2017, 15:44
by GFX47
By the way, I'll set an increasing map pool size per league in next iterations.

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 28 Jul 2017, 17:33
by pier4r
yeah that would be nice. Like 4 maps, until 1200 then 6 until 1400/1500 then full.

And surely there will be the ones "why we do not get full maps? So we cannot prepare before hand!" whatever you do, someone will not like it.

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Posted: 28 Jul 2017, 17:37
by mcompany
pier4r wrote:And surely there will be the ones "why we do not get full maps? So we cannot prepare before hand!" whatever you do, someone will not like it.

This sounds like the exact same this that happened with bot classes: they were originally based on the league, and then people complained that t=it was impossible to be ready for the next league because not only was there stronger players, but they was using technology you had just gotten