Page 4 of 7

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 20 Jul 2017, 21:31
by mcompany
I just want to know who voted for close combat *shudder*

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 20 Jul 2017, 21:54
by TheKidPunisher
And me who vote for flanking... personnally i dont see the interest of this map, unless for permit to people, who are frustrated to not success to flank in real match, to do it.

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 20 Jul 2017, 21:55
by TheGnoo
LuBeNo wrote:When checking the votes I see that the players are not yet ready for asymmetric maps. :D :roll:


:D it's interesting but I couldn't vote for it before testing, too risky. Maybe if one day an editor is available, I would be glad to test this kind of maps.

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 20 Jul 2017, 21:57
by TheGnoo
TheKidPunisher wrote:And me who vote for flanking... personnally i dont see the interest of this map, unless for permit to people, who are frustrated to not success to flank in real match, to do it.


I think it would be a very interesting map. Which bot do you chose to flank ? How do you manage enemy flanking ? It would force us to improve this field of the game and our AI would work better on other maps.

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 20 Jul 2017, 23:18
by sollniss
Flanking and Dominance seem pretty solveable to me, similar to SYP or Mind Game.
There is so few information that you can make a scenario for every situation.

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 15:00
by Ein Stein
LuBeNo wrote:When checking the votes I see that the players are not yet ready for asymmetric maps. :D :roll:

That's because asymmetric maps are imbalanced. When both sides play correctly, there's one side who will always win.

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 15:20
by LuBeNo
Ein Stein wrote:That's because asymmetric maps are imbalanced. When both sides play correctly, there's one side who will always win.

I don't get the reason for this.

I agree that every symmetric map is balanced, because of math. But there can also be balanced asymmetric maps. It would be challenging to (a) balance and (b) play. Who do you think will win in Sleepy 1 and Traitor?

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 15:55
by ConsciouS-0nE
I think time shouldn't close this poll, maximum votes can

100+ votes then we are done, but that would take time I guess,
And 100 is just 20 users.

Any possibilities it can be published from other players on lower live versions?

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 16:00
by Revenge
ConsciouS-0nE wrote:I think time shouldn't close this poll, maximum votes can

100+ votes then we are done, but that would take time I guess,
And 100 is just 20 users.

Any possibilities it can be published from other players on lower live versions?

The best we can do is make a post in "General" forum section about voting closing soon, then have Gfx close poll in 8 hours from that time. *Shrugs*

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 16:17
by TheGnoo
I'm very glad Dominance and Flanking have been chosen by the community.

GFX, is it possible to put the first 3 maps in test and then create a new poll between these 3 maps ?

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 17:15
by harthag
LuBeNo wrote:
Ein Stein wrote:That's because asymmetric maps are imbalanced. When both sides play correctly, there's one side who will always win.

I don't get the reason for this.

I agree that every symmetric map is balanced, because of math. But there can also be balanced asymmetric maps. It would be challenging to (a) balance and (b) play. Who do you think will win in Sleepy 1 and Traitor?
Define "play correctly" ... ?

I'm with LuBeNo on this one. And I would really like to see a non-syetrical map layout

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 17:26
by ConsciouS-0nE
If gfx is in the mood, the 9.1 release is due next week,


Private and freeplay are the modes that can choose maps.
He can add a whole

Game maps: existing game maps.
Community maps: maps that players find interest to be played with.
And, it can even be devided with,
-symmetric maps
-non-symmetric for extra challenge.

Thats just gonna give me alot of joy playing the game more than usual.

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 17:30
by GFX47
9.1 is coming in a few hours and is RC for public release.
I'll add the elected map and remove the purged one in 9.2.

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 17:34
by LuBeNo
GFX47 wrote:9.1 is coming in a few hours and is RC for public release.
I'll add the elected map and remove the purged one in 9.2.

Could you please add Flanking and probably Lake Rushtown for private matches / training?

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 17:39
by TheKidPunisher
Eh if you look the score the first and secind map are dominance and flanking, not lakerushtown

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 17:43
by GFX47
LuBeNo wrote:
GFX47 wrote:9.1 is coming in a few hours and is RC for public release.
I'll add the elected map and remove the purged one in 9.2.

Could you please add Flanking and probably Lake Rushtown for private matches / training?


This kind of distinction is not yet implemented, sorry.

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 17:44
by ConsciouS-0nE
Aye no sorry, the release of 9.x i mean.

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 17:56
by LuBeNo
GFX47 wrote:
LuBeNo wrote:
GFX47 wrote:9.1 is coming in a few hours and is RC for public release.
I'll add the elected map and remove the purged one in 9.2.

Could you please add Flanking and probably Lake Rushtown for private matches / training?


This kind of distinction is not yet implemented, sorry.

But there is a distinction between practice and Multiplayer!?

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 17:59
by GFX47
Yes, there is.

Re: Multiplayer map creation contest #3

Posted: 21 Jul 2017, 18:21
by pier4r
I protest! I wanted to vote like half of them! Also the previous maps from the previous contests where nice too!