Multiplayer map pool purge

Which map do you want to remove from the multiplayer pool?

Poll ended at 20 Jul 2017, 11:57

The Seven Wonders
No votes
Set Your Priorities
No votes
Meeting Point
17%
Circle Of Death
13%
Split Team
13%
Mind Game
42%
Kingmaker
13%
Barred Spiral
4%

Total votes: 24

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Multiplayer map pool purge

Post#21 » 21 Jul 2017, 18:55

All my juicy points....
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

0x1de
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#22 » 21 Jul 2017, 19:50

I couldn't decide, so I didn't vote. Mind game is a pain though.

Castlevania
Automaton
Automaton

Post#23 » 26 Jul 2017, 16:55

So, how many maps will be removed? How many new maps will be added?

TheKidPunisher
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#24 » 26 Jul 2017, 17:12

1 map (mind game for the moment) will be replaced by 1 map in the contest (actually dominance)

Ein Stein
Automaton
Automaton

Post#25 » 27 Jul 2017, 16:41

OMG if Mind Game is to be removed then all my effort becomes nothing. In fact, I've spent a lot of time making and refining an AI called "Ace MindGame atker". :(
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#26 » 27 Jul 2017, 19:44

Ein Stein wrote:OMG if Mind Game is to be removed then all my effort becomes nothing. In fact, I've spent a lot of time making and refining an AI called "Ace MindGame atker". :(

And you can't believe how happy I am to never ever meet Ace mindgame atker again

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#27 » 27 Jul 2017, 22:59

I am still of the idea that the multiplaye rshould have 4 maps, rotated every 4-6 weeks
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

harthag
Automaton
Automaton

Post#28 » 28 Jul 2017, 00:26

pier4r wrote:I am still of the idea that the multiplaye rshould have 4 maps, rotated every 4-6 weeks

I'm still confused why gfx wants to keep 8 maps instead of just keeping all maps that he does not consider "broken" ... more variety has always been something I believe would make this game better. A consistent rotation would be a step in the right direction

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#29 » 28 Jul 2017, 00:55

for new players keeping ais for all match (many will believe it is better to iptimize from the start) is overwhelming. Also, for tournaments is not exactly the best.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#30 » 28 Jul 2017, 14:26

pier4r wrote:for new players keeping ais for all match (many will believe it is better to iptimize from the start) is overwhelming. Also, for tournaments is not exactly the best.

+1

When I started I did that too and the work at the AI for every change in the game mechanics was multiplied to the amount of maps. That was overwhelming in a negative way.

And many ppl like to optimize for one or two maps they like. If they don't see that map often, they could quit the game

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#31 » 28 Jul 2017, 15:44

By the way, I'll set an increasing map pool size per league in next iterations.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#32 » 28 Jul 2017, 17:33

yeah that would be nice. Like 4 maps, until 1200 then 6 until 1400/1500 then full.

And surely there will be the ones "why we do not get full maps? So we cannot prepare before hand!" whatever you do, someone will not like it.

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#33 » 28 Jul 2017, 17:37

pier4r wrote:And surely there will be the ones "why we do not get full maps? So we cannot prepare before hand!" whatever you do, someone will not like it.

This sounds like the exact same this that happened with bot classes: they were originally based on the league, and then people complained that t=it was impossible to be ready for the next league because not only was there stronger players, but they was using technology you had just gotten

Return to “Map Creation”