Official Tournament #1

User avatar
GFX47
Dev Team
Posts: 2084

Official Tournament #1

Post#1 » 18 Jul 2017, 22:54

Here's the long-awaited first official (unavoidable) tournament! \o/
I started with a 16 participants tournament using a "single elimination" (+ a 3rd/4th decider match) model.



You can register by click the "Apply for registration" button above.
Once we hit the required player count, I'll start the first round.
Can't wait!

For more info about the tournament system:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=860

User avatar
Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network
Posts: 473

Re: Tournament #1

Post#2 » 18 Jul 2017, 23:10

How cool is that :P

Unfortunately I'm in a region where I only have edge until the end of this week.

But it's awesome to get tournaments. Thx

User avatar
TheGnoo
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 175

Re: Tournament #1

Post#3 » 18 Jul 2017, 23:11

Come on boys !

Hey Miojo, I hope you're not too scared to participate ! #729704 8-)

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 754

Re: Tournament #1

Post#4 » 18 Jul 2017, 23:18

This looks interesting enough, I'm in

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 2766

Re: Tournament #1

Post#5 » 18 Jul 2017, 23:59

nice! If you want help to manage those, tell me! (also because singele elimination tournament are a bit delicate to manage online due to people not showing up)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Miojo
Script
Script
Posts: 31

Re: Tournament #1

Post#6 » 19 Jul 2017, 01:52

TheGnoo wrote:Come on boys !

Hey Miojo, I hope you're not too scared to participate ! #729704 8-)


hehehehe... lets do this...

Ein Stein
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 131

Re: Tournament #1

Post#7 » 19 Jul 2017, 03:01

So many top players... I feel like a middle-school student entering college as I register :(
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

User avatar
TheGnoo
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 175

Re: Tournament #1

Post#8 » 19 Jul 2017, 04:36

Ein Stein wrote:So many top players... I feel like a middle-school student entering college as I register :(


That's the best way to improve ! And it's just a test for the dev, nothing to lose :)

Actually I'm wrong. It will be the very first official tournament of the game, we are writing History right now. I'm gonna train all day to win this. And I would be kinda sad if Rittel, mrchris and pier4r didn't show up. :lol:

User avatar
Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 1404
Contact:

Re: Tournament #1

Post#9 » 19 Jul 2017, 06:19

I'm in! :D
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat


My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

User avatar
Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network
Posts: 473

Re: Tournament #1

Post#10 » 19 Jul 2017, 08:46

TheGnoo wrote:And I would be kinda sad if Rittel, mrchris and pier4r didn't show up. :lol:



I want to join but my internet connection is to slow this week :o that's a pain

Ein Stein
Automaton
Automaton
Posts: 131

Re: Tournament #1

Post#11 » 19 Jul 2017, 09:15

Ritter Runkel wrote:
TheGnoo wrote:And I would be kinda sad if Rittel, mrchris and pier4r didn't show up. :lol:



I want to join but my internet connection is to slow this week :o that's a pain

It doesn't require steady internet. What you have to do is upload your AI, download your opponent's AI, and the rest can be done offline.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

User avatar
GFX47
Dev Team
Posts: 2084

Re: Tournament #1

Post#12 » 19 Jul 2017, 09:56

8 is not so bad for a first test.
Do you want to wait for 8 more or can I change the size to 8 and launch the first matches?

User avatar
LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity
Posts: 503

Re: Tournament #1

Post#13 » 19 Jul 2017, 10:53

GFX47 wrote:Do you want to wait for 8 more or can I change the size to 8 and launch the first matches?

Yes. ;) :D
Image
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

User avatar
Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network
Posts: 473

Re: Tournament #1

Post#14 » 19 Jul 2017, 11:29

Ein Stein wrote:
Ritter Runkel wrote:
TheGnoo wrote:And I would be kinda sad if Rittel, mrchris and pier4r didn't show up. :lol:



I want to join but my internet connection is to slow this week :o that's a pain

It doesn't require steady internet. What you have to do is upload your AI, download your opponent's AI, and the rest can be done offline.


I know, but with edge connection I always get a server timeout. Even with five bars strength

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 2766

Re: Tournament #1

Post#15 » 19 Jul 2017, 12:16

I do not have time otherwise I would participate! I have just some time for few ranked matches.

But I will check since I am not sure how existing platforms for tournaments handle those (to my past experience, with clanbase for example, they where quite "fixed")
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

User avatar
GFX47
Dev Team
Posts: 2084

Re: Tournament #1

Post#16 » 19 Jul 2017, 15:15

OK I'm closing registrations and creating the first matches.
Keep your tournament tab updated!

Arcueid_57
Script
Script
Posts: 41

Re: Tournament #1

Post#17 » 19 Jul 2017, 15:26

Do we have the possibility to change AI after our opponent name is revealed? I think it would be more fair to not allow it, especially when few participants are involved. 1 AI per maps for the whole tournament.

User avatar
GFX47
Dev Team
Posts: 2084

Re: Tournament #1

Post#18 » 19 Jul 2017, 15:31

You can view the bracket here:
https://www.toornament.com/tournaments/ ... 354016256/

So everybody knows who they're going to play against.

User avatar
Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet
Posts: 1404
Contact:

Re: Tournament #1

Post#19 » 19 Jul 2017, 15:38

GFX47 wrote:You can view the bracket here:
https://www.toornament.com/tournaments/ ... 354016256/

So everybody knows who they're going to play against.


Update it. ;)
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat


My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

User avatar
GFX47
Dev Team
Posts: 2084

Re: Tournament #1

Post#20 » 19 Jul 2017, 15:40


Return to “Tournaments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest