The tournament system

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: The tournament system

Post#41 » 09 Aug 2017, 08:15

More experience: in absence of a list of "opponents challenged recently" I thought that at least one could write a name, select it, copy it. Instead the field for the name (at least in gladiabots) does not allow to copy a name.

This is partially solved by the screen keyboards that remembers a name, but only partially.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#42 » 31 Aug 2017, 11:45

I updated the tournament creation help page:
https://tournaments.gladiabots.com/create

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#43 » 31 Aug 2017, 12:52

Very nice, the delay about player who doesnt deployed is included or we will have to do it manually for the moment?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#44 » 31 Aug 2017, 14:20

Manually for the moment.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#45 » 28 Sep 2017, 20:08

Cant we select map we want to play on?
I thought we can, but maybe got wrong.

The automatic system works if we do not have maps restriction and just want to play official maps? (I think i will have to modify the rule for my tournament)

Edit: i think i find it, hope it will works

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#46 » 28 Sep 2017, 21:51

You can set the map list in the settings/gladiabots menu on the toornament organizer website.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#47 » 02 Oct 2017, 19:23

GFX, i have no possibilities to select play 3 matches for each round on toornament site.

How your automatic system will work with the best of 3? i need to play the 3game for my tournament but if i remenber, the automatic system will not send the third match if there is already 2-0.

There is a possibility to change that?

If not what happenend for automatic system if i put "no games" in match format?

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#48 » 02 Oct 2017, 19:35

Normal irl tournaments don't play the third game if the score is already 2-0. There's no real point in doing so. Why do you need it?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#49 » 02 Oct 2017, 19:39

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#50 » 02 Oct 2017, 19:48

mcompany wrote:Normal irl tournaments don't play the third game if the score is already 2-0. There's no real point in doing so. Why do you need it?

Ok for an elimination tournament but here it is like a league of football

I play table tennis in team, and it is played in 14 match per round and even if we already win 8-0 we have to play the other 6. cause in the league if there is tie in points we have to look the number of match win for all round
So if you dont play your 3 match each round it will not be possible to un-tied particiapant

Or you can propose me another un-tied system that works with teh fact to not play all the match each round (maybe a head-to- head but i hope for no triangle situation)

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#51 » 02 Oct 2017, 19:53

Idk, I'm never seen a round robin where playing every match was necessary, and playing every match gives I guess a different picture than playing just settling for a win (just settling for a win shows that the opponent didn't adjust in time, all matches shows the chances of winning). Personally, I don't think it is necessary for your tournament

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#52 » 03 Oct 2017, 00:11

I dont like that cause i am use to the system of my sport which i found great (i am not really objective^^) but i have to adapt to the system integrate to gladiabots so i will find a solution.

I have still some questions,
How the automatic system count a draw match?
I mean, normally with a best of 3. The guy, who have 1win and 2draws, wins the round

The automatic system will start when the tournament date will be reached, no?

The automatic system give the result to toornament site or we still have to report?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#53 » 04 Oct 2017, 09:00

TheKidPunisher wrote:How the automatic system count a draw match?
I mean, normally with a best of 3. The guy, who have 1win and 2draws, wins the round

Toornament doesn't handle draw games correctly.
So when a draw occurs, my system creates a new match to replace it until there's a victory.
Which means that draws are not counted.

TheKidPunisher wrote:The automatic system will start when the tournament date will be reached, no?

No, when the participants will be placed by the organizer.
I think the tournament date is just informative.

TheKidPunisher wrote:The automatic system give the result to toornament site or we still have to report?

Results are automatically transmitted to toornament, you shouldn't have anything to do.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#54 » 04 Oct 2017, 10:08

GFX47 wrote:
TheKidPunisher wrote:The automatic system will start when the tournament date will be reached, no?

No, when the participants will be placed by the organizer.
I think the tournament date is just informative

I placed participant, they receive email to inform them about the match pairing but they do not receive automatically the matches.
If they dont have them the 8th, i think a problem happen in the automatic system. We will see...

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#55 » 04 Oct 2017, 12:28

Let's talk in the appropriate topic.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1058

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#56 » 09 Oct 2017, 19:00

I moved the tournament creation manuel to the wiki:
https://wiki.gladiabots.com/index.php?title=Tournaments

I realize how complicated it may look like so I'll see if I can automate this part via a single/simpler form.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#57 » 09 Oct 2017, 19:23

GFX47 wrote:I moved the tournament creation manuel to the wiki:
https://wiki.gladiabots.com/index.php?title=Tournaments

I realize how complicated it may look like so I'll see if I can automate this part via a single/simpler form.

manual
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Return to “Tournaments”