SOLO SPECIAL - Seven Wonders

GFX47
Dev Team

Re: SOLO SPECIAL - Seven Wonders

Post#81 » 09 Oct 2017, 18:31

They should appear in the Tournaments tab of the Career screen.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#82 » 10 Oct 2017, 12:08

Melkor___ , eleazr02 and kanishka_RN3, have you receive the matches to begin the tournament?
Last edited by TheKidPunisher on 10 Oct 2017, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#83 » 10 Oct 2017, 17:44

So far ritter and milkhunter seem to be the favorite for this tournament. Ritter has 3 match to confirm (matanui forfeit) his 1st place (no error has to be done)

And for the participant who are active, what is your feeling about the tournament?
Does it feel like that:
sollniss wrote:So SG > Sniper, Sniper > MG, MG > SG. Sounds like rock paper scissors to me.

Maybe the Sniper could win against the SG if you play it clever, but there should be no way an MG (+Assaults) loses against an SG (+Assaults).

Does it give more strategy to the gameplay?

Do i have to select more player at the same level/in the same league (i mean the diference of mevel between player looks too big to have enough fun)?

Interesting fact, we do not have a draw after the 3 matches for the moment.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#84 » 10 Oct 2017, 20:11

It's a nice challenge. I didn't change my standard AI, only the setup.

For my own AIs there is a very clear rank ...
Sniper > SG > MG

But it's interesting to see that a SG or mg can win against a sniper formation.

So I hope for more matches.

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#85 » 10 Oct 2017, 20:49

I enjoyed the originality of the challenge, although I also played my standard ai for the map.

In my three SG/MG matches, SG won twice. Surprisingly, my SG managed to beat Milkhunter MG.

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#86 » 10 Oct 2017, 20:51

The auto matchmaking (when it works) is really good.

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#87 » 10 Oct 2017, 22:01

Had my final match with PENTIUM. We have very close elos but he was triumphant. Well done mate.

The one game that I won was sniper v sniper. So the other two were SG/MG and he beat me comfortably both times. I went for an early collect whilst he concentrated on wiping my bots out.

Overall, I'd say that better tactics and ai implementation are more important than theoretical differences between bot classes.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#88 » 11 Oct 2017, 01:00

As all active players have played their matches, i give 2 days for MELKOR___ eleazr02 and kanishka_RN3 to play in the tournament, if they dont i will close the tournament in this status... (matanui159 is forgiven)

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#89 » 11 Oct 2017, 15:57

I ask for a validation of registration on this thread to have player implicated in the tournament. When i see that even some participant active on the forum are less active in the tournament than people who just validate their registration. I think i will just send invitations the next time...

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#90 » 11 Oct 2017, 16:47

TheKidPunisher wrote:I ask for a validation of registration on this thread to have player implicated in the tournament. When i see that even some participant active on the forum are less active in the tournament than people who just validate their registration. I think i will just send invitations the next time...

Yes, this was not the good standard. But the matches was great, I had fun. Thx for organizing.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#91 » 11 Oct 2017, 17:35

Thanks ritter, next time i will play to even if i do not like when organizer participate but like that you will have 1 more active opponent...

eleazr
Script
Script

Post#92 » 12 Oct 2017, 00:29

TheKidPunisher wrote:As all active players have played their matches, i give 2 days for MELKOR___ eleazr02 and kanishka_RN3 to play in the tournament, if they dont i will close the tournament in this status... (matanui159 is forgiven)

nope. I'm not getting my games. not sure why. firing off a bug report, hopefully there is something in there to help.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#93 » 12 Oct 2017, 00:43

You play with eleazr or eleazr02?

Gfx can you try to unlock the situation

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#94 » 12 Oct 2017, 08:50

The games are created for eleazr so my guess is you changed the player name to eleazr02 after the tournament started?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#95 » 12 Oct 2017, 08:53

Fixed it manually in database.
eleazr02 should see the tournament matches now.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#96 » 12 Oct 2017, 12:50

As i thought, so as melkor do not have put his in game name too for the tournament i supposed that the matches havent been sent to MELKOR___? (Even if i correct it after)

For the next tournament i will check all the name before accept them...

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#97 » 12 Oct 2017, 12:54

To Melkor actually.
Fixed them too.

eleazr
Script
Script

Post#98 » 13 Oct 2017, 03:02

Thanks so much for fixing and hosting this tournament GFX and Punisher! It is really interesting and unique to only play with one special bot.

So report of first battery of games:
Only Kinshka hasn't deployed. nice to see the tournament under way!
Milkhunter cleaned my clock. well done.
Melkor deployed with both a shotgun and a sniper... isn't that against the rules? Anyway, I won so I'm not going to complain officially, just a note. I think we're going to need some way to redo matches when somebody makes an error like that, or perhaps some sort of display that shows up in the replay showing who's playing, which tournament the game belongs to, and which match it is so that a screenshot can be taken to enforce the rules. Just some thoughts.

I wouldn't want to post a full replay to enforce the rules because I wouldn't want to have my tactics made public until I had a chance to use them. Anyway, good work and a fun first battery of games!

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#99 » 13 Oct 2017, 03:21

thanks for your feedback,

the tournament site give us the ID of the matches so if the rules was not respected i can watch the match and contest result and modified them as i am the organizer.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#100 » 14 Oct 2017, 05:28

ok it is nearly the end of this tournament,

Round to finish:
Ox1de vs MELKOR___
Milkhunter vs eleazr02
MELKOR___vs eleazr02

i will force the result of matanui159 and Kanishka_RN3 to 0-2 for each of there matches.

Return to “Tournaments”