Gladiabots Wiki

GFX47
Dev

Re: Gladiabots Wiki

Post#61 » 17 Sep 2017, 09:54

LuBeNo wrote:Could you look at the "The developer" section - is the data correct?

Tweaked it ;)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#62 » 17 Sep 2017, 10:08

About the trailer. Could we have just once?

Introduction or main page ?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#63 » 18 Sep 2017, 14:30

@GFX47: Thank you.
pier4r wrote:About the trailer. Could we have just once?

My thoughts are: The main trailer outside is not questionable as GFX47 wants it there. Sooner or later there will be several trailers and they should not all be on the front page. But referencing other trailers in the introduction should also include the main trailer. This results in the duplicate video reference.

pier4r wrote:Wiki leagues and league score: The old formula is wrong. Halving for a draw happens outside the rounding part

Are you sure about this? It would result in 2.5 score points transfered. Or is there rounding at 2 parts of the formular? GFX47 could you clarify?

pier4r wrote:Wiki leagues and league score: Changed formula

Thanks for the new formula. I don't like some details. Will try to make some adjustments and will report back.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#64 » 20 Sep 2017, 07:16

Regarding matchmaking: The same map rule seems not to work if I create a game, that is not instantly played. (pending) This pending games seem not to be used for detecting same map situations.
My algorithm of life: if(self.tired) sleep(); else if(self.hungry) eat(); else follow(Jesus);

GFX47
Dev

Post#65 » 20 Sep 2017, 08:19

LuBeNo wrote:Regarding matchmaking: The same map rule seems not to work if I create a game, that is not instantly played. (pending) This pending games seem not to be used for detecting same map situations.

When will this f system work?!
I'll investigate this bug.

GFX47
Dev

Post#66 » 20 Sep 2017, 09:52

LuBeNo wrote:Or is there rounding at 2 parts of the formular? GFX47 could you clarify?

There's only one rounding at the very last moment.

GFX47
Dev

Post#67 » 20 Sep 2017, 11:15

GFX47 wrote:
LuBeNo wrote:Regarding matchmaking: The same map rule seems not to work if I create a game, that is not instantly played. (pending) This pending games seem not to be used for detecting same map situations.

It SHOULD be fixed now.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#68 » 20 Sep 2017, 16:04

GFX47 wrote:
GFX47 wrote:

It SHOULD be fixed now.

:lol:
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#69 » 21 Sep 2017, 07:58

LuBeNo wrote:
pier4r wrote:About the trailer. Could we have just once?

My thoughts are: The main trailer outside is not questionable as GFX47 wants it there. Sooner or later there will be several trailers and they should not all be on the front page. But referencing other trailers in the introduction should also include the main trailer. This results in the duplicate video reference.

Do you agree at this point pier4r? Any better suggestions?

LuBeNo wrote:
pier4r wrote:Wiki leagues and league score: Changed formula

Thanks for the new formula. I don't like some details. Will try to make some adjustments and will report back.

Here is my suggestion: (also see the talk section of the main page at the bottom)
formula.png
formula.png (110.11 KiB) Viewed 1523 times

• Purple: I think the delta triangle could be confusing for people that are not that into math. I prefer to write "Score delta instead" it should be clearer for everyone.
  • Green: I prefer the point multiplication sign above the x multiplication sign. Good point pier4r.
  • Orange: I prefer having no header for victory, draw, defeat. Its simpler and not as high.
  • Blue: IMO it is clearer that it is "10 ^ ..." when there is no real fraction but an "... / 400" instead. I reused this from wikipedia. Otherwise one could think it is "10 * ..."
  • Brown: I prefer italic font instead of mono space. (IMO it is the standard for formulas.) I don't know what normal text without mono or italic would look like.
  • Displaying of the formula is delayed for 1 to 3 seconds. Perhaps we should comment the formula and add an image instead.

Feedback?

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#70 » 21 Sep 2017, 08:11

Pier4r in wiki wrote:(a) since the italic font is normally used for single letter (or short) variables. I would use monospaced or "normal text" for longer variables. Moreover it is more compact. (b) An alternative is saying "score_player" as "s_p" and then explaining all the shortening after the formula.

a) I never saw monospaced in formulas. In Wikipedia normal and italic text is used:

btw. wikipedia uses pngs here.

b) I prefer not having a legend. It would not shorten much here. This formula uses only score delta player, score opponent and score player. IMO no legend is easier.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#71 » 21 Sep 2017, 17:20

I use monospaced because it is faster than the other option, but lengthy var are not really used in math. Does not matter though. Make it as you wish

Actually I don't like the idea of the parenteshes where you compact the options (victory, loss, draw), it may be confusing.

maybe dropping the formula althogether and making a table with the single entries would be better.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#72 » 21 Sep 2017, 19:45

Feedback from chilio in the chat:
  • Purple: Anyone not knowing the Delta sign won't understand "delta score" either.
  • Green: Jup (point is better).
  • Orange: Jup, the headers only make it more difficult to understand because of the bigger formula.
  • Blue: I like the long dividing bar, but add brackets for clarity.
  • Brown: Italic is indeed better.
  • lengthy vars are not really used in math: This is just not true (my teachers use it all the time at the uni...) It's just better/more beautiful if it's not necessary, but that's about it ^^
  • the idea of the parentheses may be confusing: This is actually pretty common in strategy game wikis and in math. Also a formula is always better than a table.
Just to be transparent about my decision. Changed the formula.
Last edited by LuBeNo on 23 Sep 2017, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

Chilio
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#73 » 21 Sep 2017, 20:24

lengthy vars are not really used in math: This is just not true (my teachers use it all the time at the uni...) It's just better/more beautiful if it's not necessary, but that's about it ^^

This is my mistake, I misunderstood you (Pier). I thought you meant the {win, draw, lose} parts as those are common.. dammit ^^
But the lengthy name conventions... I think those aren't used because of the long traditions in math (if I talk about P(x), you know it is the chance of x) where we don't have that yet in gladiabots.
(This kind of things happen with me way to much after long days at the uni ^^)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#74 » 21 Sep 2017, 21:51

Normally there is always a legend for lengthy war. Or one builds a system.

Anyway since we are non technical (a game) I would say about table or maybe a flowchart may be better.

Also let's not start 'i studied X for Y time'

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#75 » 23 Sep 2017, 11:03

pier4r wrote:Also let's not start 'i studied X for Y time'

Sorry about that. Should not sound like it probably did. Removed it. Wanted to communicate further opinions.

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#76 » 25 Sep 2017, 00:22

Could we please have pdf upload in the wiki?
Needed for the deduction of the expected score difference.

GFX47
Dev

Post#77 » 25 Sep 2017, 08:03

LuBeNo
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#78 » 25 Sep 2017, 09:05

Mh the conversion to an image would be no problem and could be done manually. Just remove the restriction of uploading .pdf files. Otherwise one could use pngs.

GFX47
Dev

Post#79 » 25 Sep 2017, 09:27

Oh OK!
Should be good now.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#80 » 26 Sep 2017, 21:11

GFX could you please explain briefly how counting with any/all works? So we will include it in the wiki sooner or later

Return to “Manual”