Re: Leagues

Post#21 » 20 Jan 2017, 15:40

GFX47 wrote:
  • Gold:
    • Demotion score: 900
    • Promotion score: 1100
    • K factor: 40

Example 1:
You are in Gold league with a 801 league score and get defeated in a match, loosing 5 league points.
Your new league score is now 796, you reached the Gold league demotion score, so you are demoted to the Silver league.

Typo. Yet again. Example 1 is wrong... If we fall from 801 to 796, we go from Silver League to Bronze League. So, either change 'Gold' to 'Silver' and 'Silver' to 'Bronze', or 801 and 796 to 901 and 896.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#22 » 20 Jan 2017, 17:23

What's wrong with me?...

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#23 » 20 Jan 2017, 17:36

GFX47 wrote:What's wrong with me?...

Vous avez besoin de dormir, monsieur. XD

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#24 » 02 Feb 2017, 09:23

Added the grand master league.

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#25 » 02 Feb 2017, 09:32

Grandmaster inter league fight would be,

-1(vs master) +0(vs grandmaster)

Master leagues inter league

-1(vs diamond) 1+(vs grandmaster)

But this should get less games that are,
1900+ vs 1200+ no?

So confirm if just,
1400+ (master promotion)
Can only fight
The grand masters.

And also this would benefit (just?) Me alot, cuz im lazy optimizing my ais then im losing to 1200-1400+ and drawing to 1500-1900+ and even winning.
Im not the best player, but atleast im something.I'm 8
Science is madness! 3:)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#26 » 02 Feb 2017, 09:35

Uh, we got even a kfactor of 20. Very interesting.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#27 » 02 Feb 2017, 09:56

ConsciouS-0nE wrote:Grandmaster inter league fight would be,

-1(vs master) +0(vs grandmaster)

Master leagues inter league

-1(vs diamond) 1+(vs grandmaster)

But this should get less games that are,
1900+ vs 1200+ no?

Yep.

ConsciouS-0nE wrote:So confirm if just,
1400+ (master promotion)
Can only fight
The grand masters.

Nope, you can fight grand masters from 1200+ (master).

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#28 » 02 Feb 2017, 10:01

Nightmare, i completly destroyed my COD and BS because of this,now theyre not showing that green results.

langiter
Hello World
Hello World

Post#29 » 06 Feb 2017, 02:32

Grand Master League is not working for me. It's forced me to be stuck!

I started playing gladiabots a couple of weeks ago (username langiter) and had a 90% match win rate for the lower leagues. Unfortunately this worked to my disadvantage because now I'm in Grand Master League, haven't unlocked Machine gun bots (let alone Snipers), and the problem with Grand Master League is that everyone not only has Machine guns (and usually Snipers)…but unlike in lower levels, players also know how to use them! Playing only Grand Master League players, I'm unable to win any matches (lost 14 in a row now and reached my first 'pending' match, which I can't find any explanation of—what is this?), and thus I'm unable to gain any XP points to advance towards Machine guns. Further, because everyone now has a higher score than me, when I lose a match my score doesn't drop much (or at all), thus making demotion to Master League a very distant prospect.

Needless to say, Gladiabots isn't much fun any more… If I'm an isolated case, perhaps drop my score to the bottom of Master League level, so I can develop XP to unlock Machine guns before reentering Grand Master league. For a more general fix, maybe allow Grand Master level players to play others from a lower level, within a certain score gap? e.g. if my score is 1400 let me play Master level players who have a score down to say 1300 perhaps?

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#30 » 06 Feb 2017, 09:58

langiter wrote:Im 6 but im in a college university

Impresive! Lvl3 at grand masters that would be really hard.. You accelerated soo much that itll look like a kindergarten played basketball to college guys, then after some matches it'll sent you to the place where you should grow.
Which is observed to alot of new good player because of the current exp reward.

Sorry for the inconvenience, your soo good tho.
https://trello.com/c/314fca3C/453-change-xp-reward
This would be implemented next version.
Where still on alpha stages, where we test things if it works well or not, then change it for more subtle one.
Flaws causing things is always expected.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#31 » 06 Feb 2017, 10:53

langiter wrote:Grand Master League is not working for me. It's forced me to be stuck!

I started playing gladiabots a couple of weeks ago (username langiter) and had a 90% match win rate for the lower leagues. Unfortunately this worked to my disadvantage because now I'm in Grand Master League, haven't unlocked Machine gun bots (let alone Snipers), and the problem with Grand Master League is that everyone not only has Machine guns (and usually Snipers)…but unlike in lower levels, players also know how to use them! Playing only Grand Master League players, I'm unable to win any matches (lost 14 in a row now and reached my first 'pending' match, which I can't find any explanation of—what is this?), and thus I'm unable to gain any XP points to advance towards Machine guns. Further, because everyone now has a higher score than me, when I lose a match my score doesn't drop much (or at all), thus making demotion to Master League a very distant prospect.

Understandable, that's the pain when you are too fast. The pending means "there is no one there to challenge you yet". Read the topic about matchmaking in the manual section of the forum.

Tip: forget about winning rate, it means "not so much" with the current score formula.

For a more general fix, maybe allow Grand Master level players to play others from a lower level, within a certain score gap? e.g. if my score is 1400 let me play Master level players who have a score down to say 1300 perhaps?

It is already so. if you have 1300 in Master league, grand master up to 1500 can challenge you (see matchmaking thread). The point is that this does not happen too often.

Gfx quick fix suggestion: barring the entrance in a certain league until a certain Xp level? Like grand master: only level 5 or above? (so at least one has an mg)
Alternative possible fix: let the bot classes be unlocked first, then the AI controls. So XP lvl4 has mg, lvl5 has sniper. Lvl6,7 ai controls.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#32 » 06 Feb 2017, 12:58

Alternative possible fix: allow matches between max 2 different XP levels. So a lvl 4 gets paired with lvl 6 but not lvl7.

ConsciouS-0nE
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#33 » 06 Feb 2017, 13:22

pier4r wrote:Alternative possible fix: allow matches between max 2 different XP levels. So a lvl 4 gets paired with lvl 6 but not lvl7.

Mmmm +2?
Lvl6 has snipers already

GFX47 wrote:
ConsciouS-0nE wrote:Opponents level
-1 1+ only matches so people wont complain about the enemies has things they dont have 'yet'

▶If level max
-1 same levels only

If I understand correctly, you want to limit matches between players with a maximum XP level delta of 1?
It would considerably reduce the number of possible matches, resulting in a lot of pending matches.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#34 » 06 Feb 2017, 13:43

Well only 1 Xp level would limit a lot, just check how many different levels are in the leagues under grand master, 2 instead is pretty broad. Because a lvl4 can get lvl2 as well as lvl6. And yes lvl 6 has sniper but "just happened" and so one has chances to play against it. Then those become quickly lvl7 (because hey, sniper unlocked, who would not play a lot to test ideas?) and so the lvl4 will suffer a little. For sure one does not get flooded by lvl7.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#35 » 13 Feb 2017, 17:31

It is interesting to notice, now it is almost a month that it happens, that every league starting from the one that has promotion score at 1200, and with the exception of grand master that is not yet stable, has roughly half of the active players within 100 points from the demotion threshold.

So the league with demotion score 1000 and promotion 1200, has 50% of the players between 1000 and 1100.
Almost 50% of the players are between 1100 and 1200 in the league with promotion score 1300. Etc.
I suppose also grand master will have this but it is not yet finished.
Moreover the league before the top league, and this was true also with only 4 leagues, has always less people than the top league. It is like the ones that can go through they do it quickly, they do not get stuck there.

I did not thought about the reason though. I strongly believe it is due to how the score model works (score formula + matchmaking) but I think it is not so trivial to formalize.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#36 » 22 Feb 2017, 22:45

pier4r wrote:.

Now that we have the median for scores this is even more clear. The median tends to be very close to the score needed to access the league (the promotion score of the lower league)

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#37 » 23 Feb 2017, 00:22

pier4r wrote:

Now that we have the median for scores this is even more clear. The median tends to be very close to the score needed to access the league (the promotion score of the lower league)

Makes sense, right?

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#38 » 23 Feb 2017, 08:10

GFX47 wrote:
pier4r wrote:

Makes sense, right?

Yeah... The median score is at the center... As median is supposed to be. (I had Maths Exam today... Mean, Median, Mode was in syllabus)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#39 » 23 Feb 2017, 09:34

GFX47 wrote:
Makes sense, right?

Well actually I struggle to see why it is so. I mean half of the players in a league are under the score to get in the league, should be less intuitively. I cannot figure out so far why it is so.

A first answer could be "the scores tend to distribute uniformingly in the range of possible scores in the league", but then why it seems to be the same for the top league that has no upper score?

BigBoug
Hello World
Hello World

Post#40 » 26 Feb 2017, 00:35

Hi, new player here !
First of all, great game, had already a lot of fun :)

Just wanted to report the same issue than langiter. I played a lot in a short span of time and got to grandmaster league early lvl 5. Now i'm only facing really skilled players (1400-1700) with sniper bot and it's really time consuming to be demoted or to reach lvl6.

Return to “Manual”