Re: Player level / XP

Post#2 » 18 Jan 2017, 23:58

Clear enough? Any question?

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 19 Jan 2017, 05:08

Ahem. I lost 2 accounts earlier. My AIs use TeamTag. I'm an Alpha Tester. Please put me in Level 7. Please.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Post#4 » 19 Jan 2017, 06:33

Kanishka wrote:Ahem. I lost 2 accounts earlier. My AIs use TeamTag. I'm an Alpha Tester. Please put me in Level 7. Please.

Lol... I'm in level 6 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I just wiped my AI. I'm tempted to tell you to suck it up and earn the points.

You're an Alpha Tester after all ;) Test the earning points. ;) :lol: :P

I kid, I kid.

Um... Should probably delete this post to keep the "manual" threads clean

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#5 » 19 Jan 2017, 07:27

It's clear and the unlocking sequence makes sense. But imho you shouldn't earn so many XP points from winnings against low level enemys. If I win against someone with similar Elo I earned so much more (real) experience then winning 1.5 battles against a newbie. Maybe the XP factor should also be linked with the actual elo.

I win against a noob, +2
I win against pier, phantom, ... +15
I win against nullpointer, +20

Feels fairer. Especially when someone without all unlocked capabilities wins against a high ranked player, that should be rewarded with more then 500 extra points compared to a match against a 1300 enemy.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#6 » 19 Jan 2017, 07:32

And I forgot. Maybe it's possible to have a logarithmic scale for the XP points or they can be lowered by a factor. I just saw blitz score at the statistics board and the number is unreadable high (congrats for that @blitz)

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#7 » 19 Jan 2017, 08:05

We discussed about it in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=302&start=60

The problem with this approach is that players could exploit it by volonterely stay low in the league score (elo) to level up faster.

MGBlitz81
Automaton
Automaton

Post#8 » 19 Jan 2017, 08:05

did you notice your own exp in 7.5?

You lead the team as far as exp goes, I'm right behind ya.

Ritter Runkel
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#9 » 19 Jan 2017, 08:30

GFX47 wrote:The problem with this approach is that players could exploit it by volonterely stay low in the league score (elo) to level up faster.

I see, that's a valid point.

MGBlitz81 wrote:did you notice your own exp in 7.5?

No, did not see that yet. Can't find my account compared to others in the new stats page. I'm sure it will come back when I switch to alpha 7. But I can imagine why it's high. I hate to test my bots against my own bots. I only make that for the first approach. All the adjustment I do in multiplayer. I'm to lazy to manually test. Once the AI is fine, Elo shots you back to your place.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#10 » 19 Jan 2017, 09:39

GFX47 wrote:Clear enough? Any question?

Clear for me, I will integrate in the faq this section (maybe moving the faq thread here?). I still see dangerous that Mg and sniper are unlocked so late (~100 and 250 victories) because many will be shocked without them and just a bunch with them,

It it's like giving the master chess players the Queen and the rook, taking it away from the others, the gap will be unbearable. But well, mine is just a feedback. I would have preferred to unlock first the bots and then the complexity.

Ritter is quite easy. Take the number of your victories and multiply by 1400. You have like 4 million points.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#11 » 19 Jan 2017, 09:48

pier4r wrote:maybe moving the faq thread here?

Done.

pier4r wrote:I still see dangerous that Mg and sniper are unlocked so late (~100 and 250 victories) because many will be shocked without them and just a bunch with them,

It it's like giving the master chess players the Queen and the rook, taking it away from the others, the gap will be unbearable. But well, mine is just a feedback. I would have preferred to unlock first the bots and then the complexity.

I think players won't be motivated enough to get more complexity once they unlock all the classes.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#12 » 19 Jan 2017, 09:52

Hmm you have a point. Let's see then.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Chunkymonkey
Automaton
Automaton

Re: XP / Player level

Post#13 » 19 Jan 2017, 13:15

Since I'm on a roll proof reading things.

Loose should be lose in both instances in the first post.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#14 » 19 Jan 2017, 13:16

Chunkymonkey wrote:Since I'm on a roll proof reading things.

Loose should be lose in both instances in the first post.

Thanks! Fixed.

iserp
Hello World
Hello World

Post#15 » 19 Jan 2017, 16:42

I have lost the access to the Sniper class, however, i am matched against player who have it, it is not fair.

EDIT: And I see that now I can't use tags anymore.... In any case, my biggest problem is matching players with different access to game elements

(36000 XP points in Master League)

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#16 » 19 Jan 2017, 18:30

iserp wrote:I have lost the access to the Sniper class, however, i am matched against player who have it, it is not fair.

EDIT: And I see that now I can't use tags anymore.... In any case, my biggest problem is matching players with different access to game elements

Just wait to land in the right league. Many things changed and there will be a bit of assessment.

GFX47
Dev
Dev

Post#17 » 19 Jan 2017, 18:32

iserp wrote:I have lost the access to the Sniper class, however, i am matched against player who have it, it is not fair.

Sorry, that's to be expected with existing accounts :/
Given your ranking with such a low match count, it shouldn't be too hard for you to level up fast though.
I can also put you in a lower league if you want it.

iserp
Hello World
Hello World

Post#18 » 19 Jan 2017, 20:10

GFX47 wrote:

Sorry, that's to be expected with existing accounts :/
Given your ranking with such a low match count, it shouldn't be too hard for you to level up fast though.
I can also put you in a lower league if you want it.

Thanks, I realized I can still use tags by duplicating old AIs, and with the new features, it seems I can get by, ;-)

The game looks promising, good work!

HDeffo
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#19 » 20 Jan 2017, 00:46

There's a very small group of us somehow holding on to master league without a sniper :lol: I'm sure it wont last long

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#20 » 20 Jan 2017, 15:02

GFX47 wrote:[*] Level 7:
  • Required XP: none (max level)
  • Unlocks: Team tag actions, conditions and filters

Wait... No one noticed this typo? If Required XP is 'none', I'd like to go to Level 7, thank you very much. I can't edit my AIs anyway.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

Return to “Manual”