Version Control

TalonZa
Script
Script

Version Control

Post#1 » 02 Aug 2017, 18:01

It would be so awesome if we could ha e some sort of version control for our AI. Basically, we shpuld be avle to check in or save a particular AI set. Pnce we have made changes, we can test and if necessary roll back. You could also attach stats to each version, win/loss %. To maintain control over it, perhaps allow 10 slots, and when you check in you choose a slot.
Considering the low participation in this gane, I dont think that unlimitef history should be a problem.

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Re: Version Control

Post#2 » 02 Aug 2017, 18:06

I do a copy of my AI before change something and i rename the last one with the highest elo score it reach.

TalonZa
Script
Script

Post#3 » 02 Aug 2017, 18:12

TheKidPunisher wrote:I do a copy of my AI before change something and i rename the last one with the highest elo score it reach.

I agree that the duplicate system can kinda be made to work. But its tedious and takes time. My request is about bettering the game in terms of making it easy to quickly swap versions and try things.

Duplicates is especially time consuming if you have lots od sub ais

TheKidPunisher
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 02 Aug 2017, 19:08

I do not have a lot of subtrees and the subtrees i have do not have to change so this problem is unknow to me but i understand that it could be a problem.

Return to “Feature Requests”