Artillery ?

Tchey
Script
Script

Artillery ?

Post#1 » 06 Jul 2017, 17:39

Is an Artillery bot on the list already ? I didn't find it on Trello search.

It would be a super-slow moving bot while on Move Form, and an extreme range shooter while in Fire Form.

Very Low Shield, Very low Health, on Move Mode.
Very Low Shield, High Health, on Fire Mode.

Could only fire at Long Range + Out of Range.

Friendly Fire enable, obviously...

Could hit anything within the impact spot, that would be about the size of the Close Range circle.
Mon blog indécent sur les jeux indé... Jeux1d100.net

Ein Stein
Automaton
Automaton

Re: Artillery ?

Post#2 » 07 Jul 2017, 06:00

Wow another person joining me on posting new bot class ideas :D
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Ein Stein
Automaton
Automaton

Post#3 » 07 Jul 2017, 06:03

Tchey wrote:Very Low Shield, Very low Health, on Move Mode.
Very Low Shield, High Health, on Fire Mode.

Okay, here's the question: If the artillery's shield is broken and an enemy is whittling down its hitpoints, what will happen when it suddenly turns into Fire Mode? Will it recover some HP? Or will nothing happen?
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#4 » 07 Jul 2017, 06:43

I smell inspiration from Eagle Artillery of Clash of Clans...
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#5 » 07 Jul 2017, 07:22

I generally don't reply to these types of posts simply because while I generally don't think really work in gladiabots (especially since this isn't a full rts, I would be willing to hear the arguments for. However,
Tchey wrote:Could only fire at Long Range + Out of Range.

So, near infinite range. Umm......
Tchey wrote:Could hit anything within the impact spot, that would be about the size of the Close Range circle.

That kinda seems a bit large

Ein Stein
Automaton
Automaton

Post#6 » 07 Jul 2017, 08:19

mcompany wrote:
Tchey wrote:Could only fire at Long Range + Out of Range.

So, near infinite range. Umm......

It will probably die to a shotgun at short range ;)
mcompany wrote:
Tchey wrote:Could hit anything within the impact spot, that would be about the size of the Close Range circle.

That kinda seems a bit large

How about considering one of the following?
1) Remove the friendly fire so that the explosion damages allies and enemies alike.
2) Nerf the impact radius to half the radius of short range.

Tchey
Script
Script

Post#7 » 07 Jul 2017, 09:03

I don't know why a read a lot about Clash Royal of this forum, but i'm a PC (running Linux OS) player, and i don't really know about Clash. I played it maybe 2-3 hours last year on my phone because i was curious for the buzz, but i generally don't play out of my computer.

I did play hundreds, thousands, of games since the first NES, then Megadrive/Genesis, and the PC all the way until today. So i may be influenced by many many games, movies, books, dreams, comics, talkings, IRL experience and all.

That said...

Friendly fire = the hits affect enemies, player and allies

It would have infinite range, BUT because cannot shot at Close and Medium range, and because of terrible speed, and because of weakness, it would be quite easy to destroy.

When transforming, it could die from one single shotgun hit, i guess.

Impact zone, i was thinking as large as Close Range circle, because i don't imagine a big bomb falling, but more like a rain of shrapnel or alike.

For it to work more or less, we would need walls and other obstacles, and manual deployement phase, at least inside a given zone.
Mon blog indécent sur les jeux indé... Jeux1d100.net

Ein Stein
Automaton
Automaton

Post#8 » 07 Jul 2017, 09:55

Kanishka wrote:I smell inspiration from Eagle Artillery of Clash of Clans...

Tchey wrote:I don't know why a read a lot about Clash Royal of this forum, but i'm a PC (running Linux OS) player, and i don't really know about Clash. I played it maybe 2-3 hours last year on my phone because i was curious for the buzz, but i generally don't play out of my computer.

I did play hundreds, thousands, of games since the first NES, then Megadrive/Genesis, and the PC all the way until today. So i may be influenced by many many games, movies, books, dreams, comics, talkings, IRL experience and all.

That said...

Friendly fire = the hits affect enemies, player and allies

It would have infinite range, BUT because cannot shot at Close and Medium range, and because of terrible speed, and because of weakness, it would be quite easy to destroy.

Impact zone, i was thinking as large as Close Range circle, because i don't imagine a big bomb falling, but more like a rain of shrapnel or alike.

For it to work more or less, we would need walls and other obstacles, and manual deployement phase, at least inside a given zone.

The Eagle Artillery is a defensive building that has unlimited range but can't target enemies that go very close.

For more information about the Eagle Artillery, see this: http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Eagle_Artillery

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#9 » 07 Jul 2017, 10:01

Tchey wrote:It would have infinite range, BUT because cannot shot at Close and Medium range, and because of terrible speed, and because of weakness, it would be quite easy to destroy.

Put a bunch of assaults, a machine gun, and a shotgun to help protect it, tell it to flee until it was out of range, and then start raining fire. Even if that plan barely works, it would distract the other bots enough to do tons of to the enemy. If that still doesn't work, then you probably have a larger rock paper scissors problem than 5.2

Return to “Feature Requests”