The dev should play his game

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

The dev should play his game

Post#1 » 22 Jun 2017, 21:22

Not because we want to play against the dev (although I'm sure there will be petty people bragging about victories vs gfx) but because playing the games and trying to enter the top 10 can show pretty well what we players sometimes want to communicate failing to do so.

Also when possible playing with an Android tablet that is not the ultimate flagship.

This actually was an idea that we discussed a bit in the chat.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheGnoo
Automaton
Automaton

Re: The dev should play his game

Post#2 » 22 Jun 2017, 21:43

I guess he has no time for this shit. Totally understandable when you see the trello roadmap...

Off-topic : How did you put links in your signature ? And why did you take them off ?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 22 Jun 2017, 23:05

I think it would be beneficial for the project. We were able to stay with alpha 7.11 pretty long.

Ot: links were allowed before, I wanted to change sign and I could not put them back. I understand, with links people start to have large images in the sign.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

buzzefall
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#4 » 23 Jun 2017, 19:20

So it was posted, okay.

Well, +1. Ofcourse it looks like shitty request when you look at the roadmap, but It will make clear what has to be done with UI and what's not. Sure, one can say what is done - is good a priori. But I won't. It's different when you used to create more nodes, tweak and such, and now when you have 100-300 nodes you may experience problems such as the speed of AI editing, colors which make your eyes tired, speed of deployment and such. There is a great deal of routine in the game and the less you feel it, the better.

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 24 Jun 2017, 21:11

pier4r wrote:Not because we want to play against the dev (although I'm sure there will be petty people bragging about victories vs gfx)

He does play, surely. I know, because I beat him once... :D

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#6 » 24 Jun 2017, 22:09

I said that vanity would arise and indeed...

Anyway the point is that he should play to be in the top, to recognize some possible shortcomings of the game. Playing for testing that all is ok is something different because it does not go touch some limitations like handling large Ais.

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#7 » 25 Jun 2017, 06:31

I was taking the piss.

Fact is, he does play for testing.

I'd say his focus should be on the average player. Make the game better for newbies and intermediates. There's a difference between normal and power users.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 25 Jun 2017, 08:04

Sure, but it is also true that seeing the limits that power user have to be deal with is useful. Because as one doesn't want that new users drop the game, neither they should drop when you they hit a "wall of limitations"
Last edited by pier4r on 25 Jun 2017, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

Ein Stein
Automaton
Automaton

Post#9 » 25 Jun 2017, 09:39

Ox1de wrote:
pier4r wrote:Not because we want to play against the dev (although I'm sure there will be petty people bragging about victories vs gfx)

He does play, surely. I know, because I beat him once... :D

Hey there Ox1de, is there a replay ID for the game?
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#10 » 25 Jun 2017, 21:17

It wasn't very interesting. He was obviously testing. You can check the stats of GFX47 If you like.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#11 » 26 Jun 2017, 09:44

[youtube]wA9MA6ExJKw[/youtube]
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#12 » 26 Jun 2017, 09:55

...and another one.

buzzefall
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#13 » 27 Jun 2017, 16:42

Kanishka wrote:

gosh you found the wrong place to post this and show off. The purpose of this request to make dev see more cons and pros of UI and such. Now if one will say "he is bad" and another "omg watch dis i won him i won" this will be trash thread.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#14 » 27 Jun 2017, 18:58

buzzefall wrote:
Kanishka wrote:

gosh you found the wrong place to post this and show off. The purpose of this request to make dev see more cons and pros of UI and such. Now if one will say "he is bad" and another "omg watch dis i won him i won" this will be trash thread.

I was replying to Ein Stein. Plus it was a mock AI built after https://twitter.com/TechnoKid360/status ... 9334793216

0x1de
Automaton
Automaton

Post#15 » 29 Jun 2017, 02:44

Nice one Kineshka :)

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Post#16 » 29 Jun 2017, 07:55

Ox1de wrote:Nice one Kineshka :)

Thanks, though that's by far NOT my name. :lol:

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#17 » 10 Aug 2017, 08:20

little bump to this. If GFX tries to be competitive (master/grand master) it will be easier to communicate/spot shortcomings.

Sometimes we get answers like "I do not see why is this a problem" because, yes, in theory is no problem, but in practice it is. To see this one has to experience it.

Of course it is not that a lot of activity is needed, but some 20 games a week won't be bad.

Return to “Feature Requests”