Health + Shield filter/condition

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Health + Shield filter/condition

Post#1 » 17 Jun 2017, 06:52

It would be very beneficial to be able to see the weakest bot when adding health and shield alongside ways to check health alone and shield alone (that way I don't have to guess at what is the weakest bot anymore based arbitrary guesses about shields)
Last edited by mcompany on 17 Jun 2017, 06:55, edited 2 times in total.

Kanishka
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Health + Shield filter/condition

Post#2 » 17 Jun 2017, 06:53

+1

Maybe a pulsating Red aura?
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

harthag
Automaton
Automaton

Post#3 » 20 Jun 2017, 15:31

+1

Though it's technically already possible (to within the 25% range of margin of error) using combinations of existing filters and a little math

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#4 » 20 Jun 2017, 16:54

harthag wrote:Though it's technically already possible (to within the 25% range of margin of error) using combinations of existing filters and a little math

I've tried that before... Never again will I return to that monstrosity with an editor like the one we currently have

harthag
Automaton
Automaton

Post#5 » 20 Jun 2017, 22:14

mcompany wrote:
harthag wrote:Though it's technically already possible (to within the 25% range of margin of error) using combinations of existing filters and a little math

I've tried that before... Never again will I return to that monstrosity with an editor like the one we currently have
I haven't tried it yet, for fear if said monstrosity :lol:

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#6 » 20 Jun 2017, 23:56

Basically, during 6.1, I got tired of tags (because I both couldn't figure out how to optimize them properly and because I just thought the cost of tags was too high), and since action filters wasn't around yet, I didn't think of any other way to avoid target switching than mapping each health/shield value (64 nodes total). But then I took it one step further and tried to somewhat optimize for all three ranges, getting up to 192 nodes for one subtree. Doing that twice (for assault and machine gun), a 128 node subtree for shotgun (because I excluded long range for it), and a 64 node subtree for sniper took a few days since I was not going to sit in front of my laptop (to look at the excel sheet I made) and my phone nonstop making these huge subtrees (where I would even have restart the game a few times to avoid the lag from becoming noticeable). Surprisingly, the lag actually wasn't the problem with these large subtrees (I could just not open the subtree ever again), it was the fact that if I wanted to change literally anything (such as, I only want to attack those carrying resources), I would have been forced to duplicate the entire subtree and then one by one edit each node to have the simple change I wanted (or I could just ignore the whole thing and risk a higher chance of target switching). At that point, it was basically impossible to actually maintain in any way except simply ignoring it after its first phase, and because of which, I was continuously forced to design around it. Yeah, monstrosity is a pretty good word for it

buzzefall
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#7 » 21 Jun 2017, 11:17

mcompany wrote:Basically, during 6.1, I got tired of tags (because I both couldn't figure out how to optimize them properly and because I .......

if there weren't any target lockers (SelfAttacking filter) - okay, otherwise it's bad architecture.

But I didn't get the idea of request O_o Is it about possibility to choose Weakest considering summ of HP + Shield? If that is so, +1

But I and other guys using Closest condition as decisive one. That gives you possibility to hurt more, when the enemy is going to run away. So I think it's more useful to have something like the second condition-filter in Target selector [That is if there are more than one Closest/Weakest enemy, don't choose random one, Choose the Weakest/Closest of them etc.]. I guess second condition is enough, it would greatly reduce probability of such occasions.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#8 » 21 Jun 2017, 17:11

I did not agree so far? Damn me +1
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

harthag
Automaton
Automaton

Post#9 » 21 Jun 2017, 19:59

mcompany wrote:... since action filters wasn't around yet...
yeah, when action filters were introduced I started that same kind of process, but my OCD had me including both enemy and ally bot classes, ranges, health, shield, etc. When my spread sheet broke 30,000+ nodes of planning it finally broke my OCD and I never actually tried any of it in game...

mcompany
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#10 » 21 Jun 2017, 20:10

harthag wrote:
mcompany wrote:... since action filters wasn't around yet...
yeah, when action filters were introduced I started that same kind of process, but my OCD had me including both enemy and ally bot classes, ranges, health, shield, etc. When my spread sheet broke 30,000+ nodes of planning it finally broke my OCD and I never actually tried any of it in game...

Oh, right after version 7 went public, I considered trying to use my secondary account to (after doing a lot of work over a long period of time) make an AI that could account for as much as possible. However, as I was trying to figure out how to order all of the nodes, I instantly gave up on it because I realized it was it was a MUCH bigger of a headache than trying to make a bunch of copies of the 192 node subtrees from 6.1

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#11 » 14 Aug 2017, 12:01

As this is mostly implemented, I would love an extension to this option. Either making your own formula for evaluating tanks. Or (why I want this) a way to evaluate based on:

Health² + Shield² + Distance²

To weed out the weaker robots closer by, and not waste time on weak robots that aren't a threat any time soon/hit weak robots you have a decent chance of hitting. Right now I can only approximate this by huge amounts of attack criteria, while this should be relatively simple.

harthag
Automaton
Automaton

Post#12 » 14 Aug 2017, 23:51

Athelinde wrote:Health² + Shield² + Distance²

I'm intrigued by your concept, and I certainly understand the application possibilities. But I'm confused by the equation itself, what does it mean, specifically?

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#13 » 15 Aug 2017, 08:34

I guess: pick the enemy with the lowest following value: the square of the health value, the square of the shield value and the square of the distance value.

So if something is near to you, say 10 meters (that I guess, to be equal to shield and value, should be considered in millimeters, so 10000 millimeters) with 1000 health and 1500 shield you get: 103250000 .

If someone is at 5 meters with 3000 health and 2000 shield you get: 38000000

Therefore you pick the nearest guy.

Well maybe the function has to be tuned a bit (I do not see its greater usefulness at the moment), anyway those are examples.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Athelinde
Algorithm
Algorithm

Post#14 » 23 Aug 2017, 12:12

Sorry for not being more clear. I meant:
(Health ratio)^2 + (Shield ratio)^2 + (percentage of long range distance)^2

I don't know how well it will help, but formulas like that have helped me in the past to balance extremes.

Return to “Feature Requests”